PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keen to play cricket over summer?

bomma
26th September 2008, 13:42
Hey guys,
we are putting together a team for the upcoming cricket season at the Eden Roskill club. It will be a social grade but we would prefer if you had previous experience. So far we have 5 confirmed and 4 maybes and we are trying to get 11 people. We have decent players and have made finals every year for the past 5 years, with 2 wins. Think we need a keeper though.

If you are keen pm me, post up or text me on 021 119 5747. Think the cost for the club fees is $220 pp.

Zim_Invader
26th September 2008, 15:23
i'm dead keen on playing with! put my name down. only prob is that i'll be out of country from 17 dec till 17 jan.

i'm there for the games after i'm back tho. (put me down!!).

ps. when do we have to pay? so i have time to save up bank. (just hit a 2.5 grand debt. gotta pay dad for my airfairs. and apparently i'm covering my own trip costs, so puting aside 1000 for food, accomodation, and in country transport). haha... i'm soon to be overly broke!

but i'm still in for the cricket! (it just means more gujju budgeting!)

ital916
29th September 2008, 09:38
i would be keen but 220 bucks...thats outta my league, I'll just stick to fantasy cricket then.

bomma
29th September 2008, 10:21
zim - cheers man, we now have 8 confirmed players, including you. i wanna see you play though just to make sure you're not really shit lol :clap:

dushy - sweet man fair enuff. played for the same club for 3 seasons and never paid more than $120. have had a look around and compared to other clubs (Cornwall - $260, Grafton - $265) it's relatively cheaper.

to all - the guy organising the team has said that if we get a whole team together and put register at the same time, we could knock some of the fees off.

Zim_Invader
29th September 2008, 14:38
sweet. price drops are always appreciated! i won't say i'm utter shit, just really out of nick.
was decent out on the field and could hold a bat. bowled, but was happier doing so in the nets than on the actual pitch. (and there u have a brief summary of my cricketing life).

if you have a prac or net session on a wed or fri night, or a sat(any time) i'll make my way there. haha.

ahem.... "know me before u judge me" - which in this case i guess u qualify for. (bugger)

bomma
29th September 2008, 21:29
lol i was joking about trialling you btw.....i think in this case "beggars cant be choosers" fits like a custom-made quasi one-piece :2thumbsup

bigfoot
30th September 2008, 00:32
You wanted a keeper ? Shes a bit rusty, havent donned any gloves except the biking ones in a while now, but nothing a few net sessions cant fix. I will potentially be away for a while doing airforce training over the summer, but count me in till further notice ! So whose keen to blast it in the nets on the weekends ? Melville park anyone ?

bomma
30th September 2008, 09:23
sweet man, one of the fullas on the team is a good keeper but suddenly decided he didnt want to keep anymore!!! drop me a text or a pm with your name, addy and mob number and i'll get in touch with ya!! WELCOME ABOARD!!! moar CRICKET!!! :niceone:

oh and training sessions will be in the weekdays, prolly a wednesday, startin around 5ish so i hope you can make those!! it really sucks when people cant make training coz they dont get a chance to improve their game and it brings the team down!!

ital916
30th September 2008, 13:19
I was one of the opening bowlers on my 2nd 11 team at school, haven't played in years though. I'll haveathink, when the latest we can get back to you nish.

bomma
30th September 2008, 13:42
hey dushy, i just heard back from the guy organising the team and he just told me that we have 11 including zim and bigfoot. ive got your number anyway if we need more players and you are welcome to come train with us if you feel an itch to hurl a ball as fast as you can at some un-witting fool :D