PDA

View Full Version : Husgvarna CR150 Mechanic needed!

lemining
27th September 2008, 12:03
Hey everyone,

Im asking on behalf of my friend who has just purchased above motorcycle off trademe. There is one problem. The bike doesnt run. We have checked spark, coils, carbs and everything seems to be ok. However, you can kick it and it doesnt even start. We tried new spark plugs but it didnt help. :argh:
We don't know much about two strokes etc. From what we found out is that bike needs engine rebuild/retuned.

My question is how much does it normally cost. I don't think anything is damaged as such. (ie. cracked head...) Since it is two strokes it might need bits and pieces (pistons etc - not sure). Also is there anyone who would like to do it in their spare time to get some money on the side or does anyone know any good mechanic who would do the job and not charge thousands like probably the dealer would. :weep:

Bike is in auckland. So pretty much anywhere in auckland should be ok.

Thanks advance.

racefactory
27th September 2008, 15:15
10 character

blossomsowner
27th September 2008, 17:48
could try your local stihl or husky dealer.........they should be able to sort it no problems......two stroke geniuses.

lemining
27th September 2008, 18:24
Please tell me the guy got this dirt cheap and you were expecting this??

Take it the engine is not seized ie. it turns over??

Does it fire at all ie.you hear the motor bark momentarilly?

HAVE YOU GOT GAS?

Fuel tap on ???

engine turns, motor doesnt bark. yeh we got 100+ octane gas. we arent idiots so spare yourself questions like that. :bash:

racefactory
27th September 2008, 21:52
engine turns, motor doesnt bark. yeh we got 100+ octane gas. we arent idiots so spare yourself questions like that. :bash:

Sorry mate.... Best of luck with it man.