PDA

View Full Version : kx450f piston

fatzx10r
1st October 2008, 05:29
i've not long brought a 07 kx450f and i was woundering when i should replace the piston. the owner's manual say's every 30 hour's, but i have been told by a few different people that i could stretch it out to about 50 or 60 hour's. i know that the bike had been well looked after and been serviced every 5 hour's, it's done 33hour's now. so should i do the piston and ring's now or wait a bit???

cheer's

T.W.R
1st October 2008, 06:02
Unless you're racing it, you'll get 60hrs before having to do a piston easy :niceone:

And just run it on standard 91oct fuel too, don't screw around running high octane the valves don't like it :no:

scott411
1st October 2008, 07:09
450's are not hard on top ends, 60-80 hours with normal riding is pretty easy, we have has guys trail riding get up around 80-90 hours on them with little wear,

and further to TWR above do not put leaded fuel in them, as they definatly do not like it,

fatzx10r
1st October 2008, 07:38
cheer's guy's. im just using it to do a bit of dirt bashing with some mate's, but i will be using it for some motarding aswell when i get it set up, so it will be givin a bit of a thrashing now and then

scott411
1st October 2008, 08:49
if you are going ot motard it i would check the top end at about 60-70 hours then, you will have a ball on it,

T.W.R
1st October 2008, 17:14
but i will be using it for some motarding aswell when i get it set up, so it will be givin a bit of a thrashing now and then

I reckon slotting the donk into a KR1 chassis would be :banana: :niceone:

if you are going ot motard it i would check the top end at about 60-70 hours then, you will have a ball on it,

They're fun enough on the road with knobblys when you can get traction & keep the front end on the deck :lol:

scott411
1st October 2008, 18:16
They're fun enough on the road with knobblys when you can get traction & keep the front end on the deck :lol:

even more fun with not much traction and foot up drifts,

T.W.R
1st October 2008, 19:11
even more fun with not much traction and foot up drifts,

:laugh: ha yeah one of customers found that out the hard way on our shop bike when he decided to give it the berries leaving the forecourt onto the side street which was slightly greasy, my boss was:eek: and we were :corn: waiting for something to happen; when the guy returned I'm sure the street wasn't the only greasy thing that morning :lol: