PDA

View Full Version : Biker down, Symonds St (1 October)

lti
1st October 2008, 10:15
about 15 mins ago a biker went down on symonds street. I didnt see what happened, but helped drag the bike off the road. Seems like he was sideswiped by a car.

Rider seemed ok.
Suzuki Bandit (i think)

Fucking parking on symonds st is dangerous, ill be sticking to the back of the engineering school.

Ragingrob
1st October 2008, 10:36
Bugger! I was walking along Symonds just after 11 but not up by the bike parks.

Yep Symonds st is always a bit dodgy with cars flying past, although I do see some of the dodgy stuff being done by the riders too.

Hope they're all good.

Patar
1st October 2008, 10:40
I just saw the wreck aswell.
Front of the bike looked absolutely rooted, and the cops were talking to the driver of the car, makes me think that the car pulled out without looking.

I hope the rider is ok.

2wheeljunkie
1st October 2008, 11:01
shit yea symonds is soo dodge..hope the biker and the bike had their guardian angels with them..hope their ok..:mellow:

Ragingrob
1st October 2008, 11:31
It wasn't a bright red bandit was it? Guy would've been wearing a Joe Sprocket jacket with red graphic helmet?

Squiggles
1st October 2008, 11:33
It wasn't a bright red bandit was it? Guy would've been wearing a Joe Sprocket jacket with red graphic helmet?

hopefully wasnt james

PirateJafa
1st October 2008, 11:38
hopefully wasnt james

Apparently a black Bandit (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1752034#post1752034).

motorbyclist
1st October 2008, 11:51
it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often

i've had 3 near misses on that road in 3 semesters

Ragingrob
1st October 2008, 12:17
Glad it aint James. And if it's the black bandit that Dushy mentioned, I think I know the one, always in shorts and hoody, and boosts through the pedestrian walkway like it's his own race track.

xwhatsit
1st October 2008, 13:19
Shame about the poor bastard, hope he's alright.

Time for us to capitalise, though -- take details of the incident, use it to promote the fact that Symonds St is feckin' dangerous and we need safer parking -- then conveniently whip out Alfred St.

2wheeljunkie
1st October 2008, 13:21
Apparently a black Bandit (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1752034#post1752034).

crap hope it wasnt my mate prudvi..was the guy indian?

bomma
1st October 2008, 13:37
crap hope it wasnt my mate prudvi..was the guy indian?

nah i dont think it was man, i saw him come in about the same time i did and he parked round the back, under the carpark and had jeans and his jacket on

hope the dude's alright, and, from what i hear, i hope he learns the importance of wearing the right gear....getting a motorbike is only half the story...it's the gear that will save you're skin:pinch:

HungusMaximist
1st October 2008, 14:42
Love to hear what he was wearing.

Guess it was just normal textile/cotton jacket or good old plain T shirt?

Ditton on Symonds St being dangerous...

Zealot
1st October 2008, 16:48
Also saw the aftermath; the front of the bandit was rather rooted as mentioned. Rider looked ok - was wearing a jacket and jeans from the looks of things. I assume the guy sitting down with the paramedics was the rider at least... Not sure of the quality of gear - from what the guy who posted that other thread said, it looks like it would have hurt D: