PDA

View Full Version : Got my wires out!!!

Ryan432
1st October 2008, 22:20
yup thats right I'm one step closer to being back on the road!! Went in on monday to have the wires pulled out of the ring and little finger on my left hand and I can tell you it fuckin hurt! The SV is also pretty much sorted, it has a newly repaired radiator and I've pulled apart the rear brake caliper and freed up the pistons and got it working how it should be.

Unfortunatly I dont have any tendons yet and the joints are locked up but I rekon I'll still be able to ride semi-properly. Only problem is that by the time I'm on the road and ready to go all you poor uni attending people will be in the middle of exams so I'll have noone to ride with :(

Speaking of uni I wil be trying to get into summer school next year to catch up on what I missed, has anyone ever done this? how heavy is the summerschool courseload?? ie how many days a week will I be in there?

This post is pretty much only relevant to the people who know me, if not here is what happened:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=79510&highlight=wear+fullface

PirateJafa
1st October 2008, 22:23
You lucky blighter! It's been seven months for me and I've still got my wires in there.

You can always ride with me - I don't have any exams to worry about. :P

How well will you be able to manage the clutch with the hand though?

BANZAI
1st October 2008, 22:44
Hey was it your left or right hand?

If it's left I'd suggest you to buy this one (http://www.aprilia.com/modelli/road/modello.asp?id=133) :p

Great that you are healing and getting back to riding:yes:

Slyer
2nd October 2008, 06:15
Oooooh, triptronic bike, nice.

Magua
2nd October 2008, 09:38
Good luck getting back on two wheels. _b
Do you know how much movement you're likely to get back in your fingers?

bomma
2nd October 2008, 11:12
Speaking of uni I wil be trying to get into summer school next year to catch up on what I missed, has anyone ever done this? how heavy is the summerschool courseload?? ie how many days a week will I be in there?

as long as you dont do 2 papers you'll be fine....at most it's 6 weeks but there are some that are less and usually involves 2 hr lecs daily or so....they cut down the workload by a shitload, trying to fit a 12 week course in so it's a lot easier but assignments and stuff creep up on ya really quick!!!

overall i'd say it's like riding a gn.....not hard but there is still plenty of room to fuck up....

2wheeljunkie
2nd October 2008, 14:16
good on ya mate..! its been a while ehh..u must be excited to get back on again..cant wait to ride wit ya..how long till ya get full movement of those fingers..??

Ryan432
4th October 2008, 18:26
How well will you be able to manage the clutch with the hand though?
ital be All good since my hands not stiched into my chest anymore!

Do you know how much movement you're likely to get back in your fingers?

The last joint on my lil fingers guna be fused, but the others should move but they'll be stiff!

Number One
5th October 2008, 08:16
Fuck fuck ouch!!! That's right I remember you....well that first thread anyway.

Must be good to have your hand free of your chest - enjoy not being hand over heart everywhere you go and wearing shirts the way it was intended etc etc.

:sunny: