PDA

View Full Version : Stop parking like retards

motorbyclist
5th October 2008, 14:49
needless to say, we've all been told

but if you've been told a few times, and still insist on parking in the middle of a footpath when the rest of the parks are free, don't whinge and bitch when we park your bike for you

for this particular hyosung rider, we see you've taken our advice to use the steering lock, but still park like an asshat.

next time we'll move it somewhere less obvious, or just chuck a disklock on it and you can come find us at the end of the day

and before KB gets all up in arms about this:

the deal with unisafe is that if we abuse the privilege granted to us to park for free in a staff carpark, we will lose all parking in the area.

free parking is not a right.

that footpath sees a lot of traffic, and i saw a person walk into the hyosung as they were too busy talking to see where they were going - don't be surprised if they knock your bike over

so don't be a dick

it was an empty carpark ffs, yet you still picked the one place where we can't park

(for the record it took 5 of use to haul that land anchor around. could've done it with two but have no intention of damaging the bike)

NC
5th October 2008, 16:10
Next time just stalk him/her/shim/herm

ital916
5th October 2008, 16:34
needless to say, we've all been told

but if you've been told a few times, and still insist on parking in the middle of a footpath when the rest of the parks are free, don't whinge and bitch when we park your bike for you

for this particular hyosung rider, we see you've taken our advice to use the steering lock, but still park like an asshat.

next time we'll move it somewhere less obvious, or just chuck a disklock on it and you can come find us at the end of the day

and before KB gets all up in arms about this:

the deal with unisafe is that if we abuse the privilege granted to us to park for free in a staff carpark, we will lose all parking in the area.

free parking is not a right.

that footpath sees a lot of traffic, and i saw a person walk into the hyosung as they were too busy talking to see where they were going - don't be surprised if they knock your bike over

so don't be a dick

it was an empty carpark ffs, yet you still picked the one place where we can't park

(for the record it took 5 of use to haul that land anchor around. could've done it with two but have no intention of damaging the bike)

Uni needs more bike parks, logical though that once some bikes were in there more would follow and space I guess is just running out. I would get pissed off if someone touched my bike, incorrect parking or not let it get towed, let them learn that way, don't lug it around you dork.

Everyone knows touching a persons bike that you do't know is way in the bad karma section.

Squiggles
5th October 2008, 19:38
Uni needs more bike parks, logical though that once some bikes were in there more would follow and space I guess is just running out. I would get pissed off if someone touched my bike, incorrect parking or not let it get towed, let them learn that way, don't lug it around you dork.

Everyone knows touching a persons bike that you do't know is way in the bad karma section.

Problem arises in that its not going to be viewed as the offending bikers fault, but as the fault off all the bikers... easiest way to fix it? get rid of all the bikes. Bike belongs to one of ehab/kyles aquaintances... he's not that unknown.

If ya dont like the agreement, symonds street is getting busy so get in early!

swee
5th October 2008, 19:48

what about a scooter, that alright? i get swamped all the time :(

Patar
5th October 2008, 19:52
I agree, if anyone moved my bike I would be pissed off regardless of who it was and for what intention.

No one listens to those orange unisafe stickers, just look at the back of engineering. It's so bad that unisafe have given up wasting their stickers as parking etiquette is progressively getting worse and worse.

Either leave them a note from the SMC or put up a sign saying that the SMC will remove any bikes parked in a spot they're not allowed as unisafe will never actually get a bike towed.

Grahameeboy
5th October 2008, 19:58
In part I see what you are saying...but 2 things..when were the photo's taken...may have been more bikes earlier and last, my Daughter in her powered wheelchair could have got past the bikes so not sure why able bodied people could not get past...

More important things to worry about...:done:

bomma
5th October 2008, 19:59
but i think the point andrew's trying to get across with bold is that if this continues we might lose ALL parking down there which is a massive fucking pain for everyone......i'll admit to have parked where that dude is parked in the past but 1) i parked WAAAY closer to the wooden divider 2) now refrain from parking there at all and 3) only parked there when everywhere else was full

i think it was prudvi who parked his black bandit in a manner that it took up 3-4 bike parks in the designated area the other day....had half a mind to move it but found another spot.....

Squiggles
5th October 2008, 20:06
In part I see what you are saying...but 2 things..when were the photo's taken...may have been more bikes earlier and last, my Daughter in her powered wheelchair could have got past the bikes so not sure why able bodied people could not get past...

There are a couple of very anal HOD's around, and we're on the footpath...

NighthawkNZ
5th October 2008, 20:07
i saw a person walk into the hyosung as they were too busy talking to see where they were going - don't be surprised if they knock your bike over

was she blond... and couldn't multi task... or was he pissed and well just pissed :blink: <_<

:Pokey:

bomma
5th October 2008, 20:19

More important things to worry about...:done:

mate in all honesty your daughter is more qualified to be at uni than some of the gits that actually go here!!! how is she btw?? which mobility system did you choose in the end?? (assuming that you have made a choice hehe)

Real_Wolf
5th October 2008, 22:30
Andrew is right guys, its not that hard to find parking.

Incase your wondering, there is a stickied post which has lots of areas of possible parking in that specific car park. Indeed, theres a spot, which is currently always vacant since I don't ride anymore, that could easily fit one bike, if not 2, maybe even 3. And there are other spots available, you don't NEED to park on the footpath there at all. I have NEVER seen there be no spaces ANYWHERE for a bike, so the bike had to park on the footpath there, people just do it.

Also, the problem is not "Them getting towed", its "We're Unisafe, we tell you, you park here, out of the way. We don't care if your SMC or not, if you don't do it, we start towing ALL bikes in this area"

motorbyclist
6th October 2008, 01:08

parking had been empty all morning, but usually fills up as the day progresses, as which point even the able bodied have trouble walking through

it's not my rules but unisafe - and i don't intend on being forced into parking on symonds st any time soon (or at least until the police give a shit about all the bikes being nicked)

and as i said - he's a repeat offender

and there was countless spots available to him. he was being an asshole, and got the same back.

I agree, if anyone moved my bike I would be pissed off regardless of who it was and for what intention.

No one listens to those orange unisafe stickers, just look at the back of engineering. It's so bad that unisafe have given up wasting their stickers as parking etiquette is progressively getting worse and worse.

Either leave them a note from the SMC or put up a sign saying that the SMC will remove any bikes parked in a spot they're not allowed as unisafe will never actually get a bike towed.

i hope and expect he got pissed off

it might get the point across

we've told him, in person

don't like it park elsewhere

Problem arises in that its not going to be viewed as the offending bikers fault, but as the fault off all the bikers... easiest way to fix it? get rid of all the bikes. Bike belongs to one of ehab/kyles aquaintances... he's not that unknown.

If ya dont like the agreement, symonds street is getting busy so get in early!

exactly

as squigs said, plus he'd been warned

like it or not, sometimes a bit of action is required

and moving the bike is better than clamping it. i got FIVE guys, a few of which personally knew the owner of the bike, to help move it so that there was no way we could possibly damage it

Phurrball
6th October 2008, 15:22
If I can manage to park Big Yellow with some degree of consideration (competence issues with concrete posts aside), I expect a 250 can be parked out of people's way.

Self regulation is better than un(i)safe stepping in and getting excited.

I'm pretty sure if we cared to look at the fine print when we enrolled, there will be clauses saying you jump as high as the university asks WRT EVERY rule they care to make.

I don't fancy risking my life on Symonds St because someone can't listen to the friendly hints of their peers.

If someone moved my bike, I'd be pissed, and then I'd be asking myself why and acting so as to avoid citizen-reparking in the future.

BTW - WTF is up with this Limp Bizkit tag shite? Is it on the rest of the site? They were big in the lats 90's I seem to recall, which tends to suggest the perpetrator is from a certain era (and lacks taste.:2guns:)

ital916
7th October 2008, 11:59
Hmm so what has happened is that this individual, whilst being told of the consequences has used his freedom of choice and parked against the rules on the footpath (a foot path on which many other bikes have and do continue to park) deeming it necessary to move his bike, even though an anal retentive could easily circumnavigate around it. Alas we are up in arms because god fucking forbid that another air head who happened to be paying more attention to her phone than where she is going walked into it. (Lets place a fucking spinning propeller there and see how many people pay more attention to where they are going), anyway funny that how in this instance that persons choice makes you think you have the right (even though in this case it was with friends) to move his vehicle. That his choice will have a negative affect on the whole biker community at uni gives you the right to then take action is funny. If you consider this little parking garage a microcosm of the big bad world, the next time I see a biker being a dick even though they have been warned and doing something that could hurt the allowances given to bikers nationwide, should I take action? Should I stop him in the street, confiscate his or hers keys. If they park irresponsibly in another parking area should I decide to fiddle and move their bikes. If they pull a wheelie at stupid speeds should I follow them and clamp their bike...no.

I know how it grates on you guys, and I know what he did was incorrect, but the point I'm making is even though he wasin the wrong, we cannot do stuff like that. Unisafe will have to see that bikers don't act as a mob and there can be the odd bad parking apple, just like with cars.

Maybe it is time we did a protest on symonds street, blocked it off with lots of bikes and scooters. Get uni safes attention instead of hiding away in spot allocated to us that are too cramped and too small.

PirateJafa
7th October 2008, 12:13
Wall of poorly-built text.

Well I could always park my car in the middle of Queen St. I mean, hell there's a couple of lanes? Even the most anal retentive could work their way around it, surely? :rolleyes:

Go back to sleep Dushy, KB has enough piss-poor trolls already.

Phurrball
7th October 2008, 13:46
The salient point is that a small abrogation of somone's 'right' to breach an extant rule is a legitimate response that aids the greater University motorcycling community.

This happens all the time for the greater good of society or smaller sub-groups or organisations in a wide range of legal and quasi-legal areas.

(see section 5 of the NZ Bill of Rights act - rights can be abrogated if demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society)

Try breaching a contractual term or legal rule in such a way that OTHERS pay the price for your stupidity and see how far it gets you in life. Not far.

Suggesting that someone's freedom of expression extends to breaching a legitimate rule is specious at best.

Trot along and rebel by wearing that open-face now... :bash:

ital916
7th October 2008, 14:01
Well I could always park my car in the middle of Queen St. I mean, hell there's a couple of lanes? Even the most anal retentive could work their way around it, surely? :rolleyes:

Go back to sleep Dushy, KB has enough piss-poor trolls already.

I wasn't trolling, that was my opinion.

ital916
7th October 2008, 14:02
Trot along and rebel by wearing that open-face now... :bash:

you guys shouldn't ride motorcycles..they are dangerous you know.

enigma51
7th October 2008, 14:08
Push the bike over i guarantee you will find out who it is and he will not do it again

skidMark
7th October 2008, 14:09
5 of you moving a bike....and i still bet nobody approached questioning if you were stealing it! :oi-grr:

Phurrball
7th October 2008, 15:14
you guys shouldn't ride motorcycles..they are dangerous you know.

Hook, line and sinker.

If I'm serious, my prose packs enough of a punch without emoticons.

I was drawing a rather supercilious parallel between two perceived acts of 'freedom of choice'.

We all analyse and manage risks in our daily lives subjectively - some based on objective criteria to which they apportion weight.

BUT To take a risk when there is a known and relatively certain negative outcome is just stupid - like speeding past a speed camera.

That is what is at play in the situation that begat the OP.

[I'm talking about the parking here - just before anyone gets excited. People are free to extrapolate all they like though, teh interweb is really good for that...]

On that note :grouphug: to make Dushy feel better.

ital916
7th October 2008, 16:17
On that note :grouphug: to make Dushy feel better.

I was never angry in the first place...I've given up getting annoyed with kb, accept it for what it is, shits and giggles.

R6_kid
7th October 2008, 17:17
I know how it grates on you guys, and I know what he did was incorrect, but the point I'm making is even though he wasin the wrong, we cannot do stuff like that. Unisafe will have to see that bikers don't act as a mob and there can be the odd bad parking apple, just like with cars.

Too right.

Did you think for a second that maybe he wasn't a member of the AUSMC? If a car was parked incorrectly would you pop the lock on the door, release the hand brake and re-park the car?

You have no right to be moving other peoples vehicles (bikes or otherwise), leave a note and let them know what the deal is - im sure they'll understand.

I know how I would have felt and reacted if someone had picked up my old R6 and moved it without my knowledge, and it wouldn't have ended nicely had I found the perpetrators.

bomma
7th October 2008, 17:26
Too right.

Did you think for a second that maybe he wasn't a member of the AUSMC? If a car was parked incorrectly would you pop the lock on the door, release the hand brake and re-park the car?

You have no right to be moving other peoples vehicles (bikes or otherwise), leave a note and let them know what the deal is - im sure they'll understand.

I know how I would have felt and reacted if someone had picked up my old R6 and moved it without my knowledge, and it wouldn't have ended nicely had I found the perpetrators.

punishment for a car parked wrong comes by way of tickets issued by the governing authority......punishment for continued misuse and ignorance of the warnings issued by the governing authority in bike parking might mean that we lose ALL parking down there......not a price im willing to pay so that some prick can park like an idiot.....plus he had been warned prior.....also breaking into a car is illegal, moving a bike a few metres in this circumstance (to my knowledge) is not.....

think about it this way, if uncle helen issued a sanction that made wheelie-ing illegal and said that if it continued to be ignored, that bikes would not be allowed on the roads of this country......would you keep wheelie-ing knowing that you might be the reason that ALL bikes were kept off the road??

Squiggles
7th October 2008, 17:31

Maybe it is time we did a protest on symonds street, blocked it off with lots of bikes and scooters. Get uni safes attention instead of hiding away in spot allocated to us that are too cramped and too small.

I'll bite,

That last idea has only slightly more merit than angle grinding cheesecutters. It'll be a major fail and people will be talking to police.
They're providing, they dont have to, politely we consult with them, bit by bit we get more and more. Note the large area by compsci is now marked out in fresh paint? They recognise us only as the motorcycle club, if you want them to recognise us as individuals, we'll go back to how it was at the beginning of the year, where they attempted to kick us out. Its easier to do that than deal with individuals.

Nobody would care if we went onto symonds street and blocked traffic, the university supports pedestrian malls ;)

Reality is that we have a goodwill relationship with unisafe, lets try and do all we can to protect that.
I dont support relocation, and it can be noted that the relocation was all of 5metres, but the alternative is we let this go to shit, or i tell them that if they dont like how anybody down there parks, they call a towing company and haul off the bikes.

motorbyclist
8th October 2008, 02:19
5 of you moving a bike....and i still bet nobody approached questioning if you were stealing it! :oi-grr:

bling awarded for a very good point

Did you think for a second that maybe he wasn't a member of the AUSMC?

didn't care either way- SMC or not makes no difference to unisafe

If a car was parked incorrectly would you pop the lock on the door, release the hand brake and re-park the car?

no, but they wouldn't compromise my future safe and (relatively) secure parking at uni either - AND they already call towies for that. so far unisafe has only made threats for the bikes and i intend to keep it that way. once they start towing they'll bee all to happy to continue towing

for about the 5th time in this thread - we had told him, in person, about the agreement with unisafe. we also told him that his bike has a steering lock that he might like to utilise.

he has since chosen to ignore that we may ALL lose the privilege of safe/(relatively) secure parking due to his being a retard, but HAS begun using the steering lock

and of course, to move the bike i had five willing volunteers, and first contacted squiggles (club president) to tell what was going on and to have him send the call out

so we had almost half of the patrons of that carpark jointly agree we weren't going to have our parking lost due to one individual's actions

and as a final note on the topic - we HAVE lost parking in that area before (along the back of the gym), and been forbidden from using walkways, all because riders have been less that considerate for the pedestrian traffic in the area

well he knows who we are, i know he knows who we are, and i've publicly announced that i'm responsible for it.

sunhuntin
8th October 2008, 07:50
stick to your guns mate. the uni wont differentiate between bikes belonging to the club and bikes not belonging to the club. the down side of bikes getting towed is the high chance that any towie wont be driving a flat bed, which means chains and hooks being used, resulting in damage to any bikes removed.

would unisafe approch the rider themselves? they may well have more clout.

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 12:35
Unisafe will do all of this if parking continues like that :

1) Put orange stickers saying "please park in the bicycle racks"

then

2) Ok then fuck off no more underground bike parks.

God they even warn bikes which are parked in appropriate places talked through with the boss. They ain't smart and don't care.

I mean WTF, that guy wasn't even to one side of the path.

IDEA : Next time he does it, put one of our 110db disc lock alarms on it. Then he's stuck till our lectures are finished and we can actually tell him slightly more aggressively to park properly or it'll be towed.

We can always talk to unisafe and I'm sure they'll be all to happy to tow it for us :p

Real_Wolf
8th October 2008, 15:09
Lol, I was thinking of suggesting that Rob.

I happen to have JUST the right disklock too, with 3 keys, that is not in use. Could give one to like Squig, and dunno who else (I'd keep one, I like my disklock), and then if he does it again he has to wait or he can't move his bike without having no forks

Squiggles
8th October 2008, 17:10
I aint locking anybody's bike, thats the way to get someone really pissed off, and perhaps damage their bike... Rider jumps on,, chucks her in gear revs, hears a beep but ignores it, and CRUNCH.

ital916
8th October 2008, 17:38
Unisafe will do all of this if parking continues like that :

1) Put orange stickers saying "please park in the bicycle racks"

then

2) Ok then fuck off no more underground bike parks.

God they even warn bikes which are parked in appropriate places talked through with the boss. They ain't smart and don't care.

I mean WTF, that guy wasn't even to one side of the path.

IDEA : Next time he does it, put one of our 110db disc lock alarms on it. Then he's stuck till our lectures are finished and we can actually tell him slightly more aggressively to park properly or it'll be towed.

We can always talk to unisafe and I'm sure they'll be all to happy to tow it for us :p

you guys are starting to sound more like an auckland uni motorcycle gang......we own this here car park and have jurisdiction over all motorcycles that dare park in here.

ital916
8th October 2008, 17:39
I aint locking anybody's bike, thats the way to get someone really pissed off, and perhaps damage their bike... Rider jumps on,, chucks her in gear revs, hears a beep but ignores it, and CRUNCH.

:shit:...................:2guns: now you fullas gone got stephen to put his presidential shoes on.

bomma
8th October 2008, 17:44
you guys are starting to sound more like an auckland uni motorcycle gang......we own this here car park and have jurisdiction over all motorcycles that dare park in here.

now you're getting it :Punk:

ital916
8th October 2008, 17:47
now you're getting it :Punk:

:oi-grr:...a sad day for the smc indeed. Gangs suck...seems like the smc has gone to the dark side.

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 17:49

As a uni student I'd like to be able to walk along a path under shelter from rain without having it blocked up by a motorcycle.

As a uni student who rides and parks in what I'd say is the safest place to park at uni and under shelter, I'd like that option to remain available to me.

If this dumbass who's been told more than once not to park there loses all our parks down there, well, I'd rather his bike be moved all of 5m, as he's been warned and if it was a car it'd be clamped or towed.

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 17:51
:oi-grr:...a sad day for the smc indeed. Gangs suck...seems like the smc has gone to the dark side.

Robin Hood and his band of merry-men stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

Andrew and his band of bikers moved a bike 5m for the greater good of the community.

Champion :niceone:

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 17:53

Sorry I thought I'd read he had a disclock on anyway, and if we put one right next to his he would notice.

Aaaaanyway, maybe he's read this and understands. There's no point everyone continuing to argue about something that's been done, let's just see if he continues his ignorance or returns a changed man.

bomma
8th October 2008, 17:54

Andrew and his band of bikers moved a bike 5m for the greater good of the community.

maybe if they were wearing green tights dushy would be less not angry/annoyed/disappointed :shifty:

R6_kid
8th October 2008, 18:02
no, but they wouldn't compromise my future safe and (relatively) secure parking at uni either - AND they already call towies for that. so far unisafe has only made threats for the bikes and i intend to keep it that way. once they start towing they'll bee all to happy to continue towing

Call unisafe and say that you want him towed? Perhaps if you co-operate with UNISAFE, they'll see that you understand and don't wnt to lose the privelege. His bike getting towed is a lot smarter than you guys moving it, it'll send him a message that he can't ignore. It also means that you don't need to move the bike, and therefore aren't put in the position of possibly damaging someone elses property.

Taking the situation into your own hands is a bit 'holier than thou', work with the people who set the rules, it's not your job to enforce them.

I will admit that on occasion I use to shuffle scooters slightly if they were parked stupidly restricting access to parking space - but 5m is a little bit excessive.

On a side note, if you know who he is, surely you can get his student number and have UNISAFE follow it up with him, possibly even 'fine' him?

Real_Wolf
8th October 2008, 18:10
R6, thats what we would do in a perfect world.

However this real world is more a case of, Unisafe don't care, we have a privilege, as far as they are concerned all bikes are teh same. Steven has won us some concessions, but its turned into all bikes are SMC, we will deal with SMC. Better than We won't deal with anyone, but not that rgeat.

Theres no way they would tow just one bike, they would just start towing everything under there.

As for the disklock, wasn't really serious, as its quite obvious that theres a high chance of them not noticing. Unless maybe we stuck a peice of paper on there to tell him. Nah, either way, its not really worth it.

Unisafe don't really care about us, they let us park there because we don't cause them any trouble, don't interfere with cars, or pedestrians, and take up spaces not used. They don't want anyone screwing that stuff up, and if someone does they will just turn aroudn and say "Nope, you broke the rules, none of you are allowed"

ital916
8th October 2008, 18:47

We can look at many examples in history/folk lores and fairy tales to suit an argument. There are examples where people took action for the greater good in their eyes and ended up being wrong.

mere word play rob, but then the smc is a merry band who will punish the motorcycling individual for the greater good. Quick question, what is the limit to the punishing power when it comes to rule infringements in the carpark or other smc territory.....ooh do you guys have a tag that you spray in dark corners of the uni. :bleh::laugh:

Squiggles
8th October 2008, 19:26
Call unisafe and say that you want him towed? Perhaps if you co-operate with UNISAFE, they'll see that you understand and don't wnt to lose the privelege. His bike getting towed is a lot smarter than you guys moving it, it'll send him a message that he can't ignore. It also means that you don't need to move the bike, and therefore aren't put in the position of possibly damaging someone elses property.

Taking the situation into your own hands is a bit 'holier than thou', work with the people who set the rules, it's not your job to enforce them.

I will admit that on occasion I use to shuffle scooters slightly if they were parked stupidly restricting access to parking space - but 5m is a little bit excessive.

The thing is though, that we are co-operating with unisafe, the deal was, we self moderate and they stay away... they get a series of complaints about bikes on footpaths and they'll come down, and sticker / remove the bikes. I guess a sort've martial law exists down there... ;)

Right, thats it, i've got a fresh chain in the garage, tomorrow we take to an SRV and rider :2guns:

ital916
8th October 2008, 19:45
The thing is though, that we are co-operating with unisafe, the deal was, we self moderate and they stay away... they get a series of complaints about bikes on footpaths and they'll come down, and sticker / remove the bikes. I guess a sort've martial law exists down there... ;)

Martial Law means law by force, some poeple don't like law by force.....one day someones gonna try move a bike by force and get the bash for it. HULK SMASH!

Right, thats it, i've got a fresh chain in the garage, tomorrow we take to an SRV and rider :2guns:

haha :laugh: :2guns: put up your fisticuffs. Seriously though if anyone decides to play with my bike they'll see me proper angry, the kinda angry where starving children in africa will want to stay starving instead of witness me the ensuing violence.

see the above

de_wood_elf
8th October 2008, 19:52
Fuk man there is like 5 levels of free parking in the Glenn Owen building car park. It is just laziness pure and simple

Squiggles
8th October 2008, 20:02
Fuk man there is like 5 levels of free parking in the Glenn Owen building car park. It is just laziness pure and simple

Thanks to us yes there is, however, The overload down there is more a reflection of the positioning of lockers... If lockers were in OGG, i know of a few more who would park there ;)

Martial Law means law by force, some poeple don't like law by force.....one day someones gonna try move a bike by force and get the bash for it. HULK SMASH!

Dictionary:
martial law

n.
1. Temporary rule by military authorities, imposed on a civilian population especially in time of war or when civil authority has broken down.
2. The law imposed on an occupied territory by occupying military forces.

Take Definition number 2 and think of us as the military and the carpark as territory, thats what i mean by "Sort-of" martial law ;)

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 20:22

Do you then walk up to the AUSA lockers, store your gear, then walk back down to business for class, in the rain?

MarkH
8th October 2008, 20:35
Then he's stuck till our lectures are finished and we can actually tell him slightly more aggressively to park properly or it'll be towed.

If you want him to hear your message then you could get your knee to explain it to his gonads. TBH people that have that attitude "fuck everyone else, I'll do what I like and damn any negative consequences to anyone else" really pisses me off.

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 20:39
If you want him to hear your message then you could get your knee to explain it to his gonads. TBH people that have that attitude "fuck everyone else, I'll do what I like and damn any negative consequences to anyone else" really pisses me off.

Too damn right!

bomma
8th October 2008, 20:47
We can look at many examples in history/folk lores and fairy tales to suit an argument. There are examples where people took action for the greater good in their eyes and ended up being wrong.

mere word play rob, but then the smc is a merry band who will punish the motorcycling individual for the greater good. Quick question, what is the limit to the punishing power when it comes to rule infringements in the carpark or other smc territory.....ooh do you guys have a tag that you spray in dark corners of the uni. :bleh::laugh:

the dude parks incorrectly DESPITE being told of the reasons, andrew gathers a bunch of people, including some of the guy's mates and SAFELY moves the blardy whale of a bike about 5m in an attempt to protect the priveleges granted to the WHOLE biking community and you think it's the GUY who's been punished?!?! what exactly do you see in this scenario that can be labelled as punishment that results in a negative outcome for the rider dush??:blink:

Squiggles
8th October 2008, 21:05
what exactly do you see in this scenario that can be labelled as punishment that results in a negative outcome for the rider dush??:blink:

Nah, he's fishing for the bites :laugh:
And a note for him, he can once again come collect the minimotard from my place, its been reassembled but is still weak

Ixion
8th October 2008, 21:12
Get a gun and shoot the fuck.

How does one get into this Glenn Owen Building (and who the fuck is Glenn Owen, not that I give a fuck). Ride round the barrier in the usual way ?

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 21:15
Get a gun and shoot the fuck.

How does one get into this Glenn Owen Building (and who the fuck is Glenn Owen, not that I give a fuck). Ride round the barrier in the usual way ?

Si si senora! Ah, sir.... :sweatdrop

And then ride round and round the barriers with no lane markings and get lost in the underground world that is the OGG carpark.

PS Glenn Owen is the guy who nicely gave Winston the hundred grand :)

Ixion
8th October 2008, 21:27
So for that he got a carpark named after him. Sort of appropriate somehow. He could have given me the money, I'd have named my cock after him,even more appropriate,

shingo
8th October 2008, 21:46
Actually, he got the whole building named after him. Cost him a few mil if i remember correctly.

P.S. his name is Owen Glen, not Glen Owen, hence the OGG part of the building name.

Ixion
8th October 2008, 21:51
For a few mil, I'd name not only my cock, but my whole arse after him. Much better deal.

de_wood_elf
8th October 2008, 22:48
Do you then walk up to the AUSA lockers, store your gear, then walk back down to business for class, in the rain?

No i put my helm on my bike and go to class in my gear because I can't be arsed taking it off

Real_Wolf
8th October 2008, 23:09
I didn't have a locker, so just walked round carrying/wearing my gear.

Was planning on getting a locker, never got round to finding out just where they are, or where to get them from, now no point till next year

Slyer
8th October 2008, 23:25
I left my bike parked nicely next to a cheesecutter in the middle of the motorway and they towed it. The nerve!! Cost me $180 to get it back.
Justified? Yes.

They moved a bike five metres because the dickhead left it in the middle of a walkway after being warned on several occasions not to put it there, he continued to do so knowing full well that he was fucking it up for everyone else who had worked hard to gain use of that parking area.
Justified? Yes.
</tencharrrrr>

motorbyclist
8th October 2008, 23:54

i considered placing a lock (along with a note to have him meet us for a key at the chiller), BUT that would be of serious and unreasonable inconvenience to him. moving the bike gets the same message across with much less drama

and again, it moved a maximum of three metres and i got as many riders as possible to ensure no damage would occur (and funnily enough no-one disagreed with the action)

as for talking to unisafe and getting a towie

once they've towed one bike i suspect they'll get a lot more trigger happy with towing other bikes
considering they "ticket" even the legal bike parks, i really don't trust them with a towie
i've seen towies tow bikes, and they generally don't give a shit about the damage they do while hauling it onto their truck. similar story for cars.
i've also met people who's only logical conclusion to a locked and immobilised car being stolen under certain circumstances and found 2 weeks later completely stripped in a towie's yard was that a towie stole their car - wouldn't be surprised if it happened to bikes too
tow trucks are the perfect way to steal a vehicle without questions asked - i don't want them welcome in the carpark

On a side note, if you know who he is, surely you can get his student number and have UNISAFE follow it up with him, possibly even 'fine' him?

as above for towies

as above for barely moving it 3 metres, and it still being within plain view of where he parked it

getting him fined would place an unreasonable burden - especially on a student - whereas moving the bike had no ill effects and still got the point across

i'm not devoting my time to having him ignore me again

we DO work with unisafe - that's how we got all this on-campus parking in the first place, and the deal is we self regulate as best we can and they will refrain from being dicks

and finally, i AM one of the people who set the rules, i am the person who set most of this parking in motion before handing it off to president, and it would appear self regulation does in this case include enforcement (remember i did ask club president first, got other bikers etc etc):Pokey:

parking in the middle of a footpath despite clear parking a few metres away is also laziness

(and you have the SMC to thank for the ogg parking;) - next on the list is lockers)

ital916
9th October 2008, 06:46
I'm a law abiding citizen in that crap park mr smc officers......I park following the rules, I just can't wait till someone parks a burgman out of place. Give me a txt first so I can get a beer and a deck chair and watch the ensuing acc claims develop as you try and move those land variants of ships.

Slyer
9th October 2008, 07:33
You're a terrible troll dushi.

bomma
9th October 2008, 09:03
I'm a law abiding citizen in that crap park mr smc officers......I park following the rules, I just can't wait till someone parks a burgman out of place. Give me a txt first so I can get a beer and a deck chair and watch the ensuing acc claims develop as you try and move those land variants of ships.

will do mate, glad to see you taking such an interest in smc activities :woohoo: bring some beers for me??

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 09:24

meh, depending on where ya look, a burgers only got 6kg on a gt250r :laugh:

MarkH
9th October 2008, 12:39
meh, depending on where ya look, a burgers only got 6kg on a gt250r :laugh:

Doesn't that depend on which Burgman? There is the 250, the 400 & the 650 - the Burgman 650 is not a light scooter! The B250 is not much heavier than the gt250r, but the B650 would be somewhere around 100kg more dry weight than a gt250r. My B400 would be about 70kg more dry weight than a gt250r.

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 14:34
My B400 would be about 70kg more dry weight than a gt250r. Depends where ya look for sure, one place reckoned a gt250r was 129kg, another 169kg :eek: with the burger weighting in a reported 174

bomma
9th October 2008, 14:44
let's ask red baron!!! :lol:

MarkH
9th October 2008, 15:09
Depends where ya look for sure, one place reckoned a gt250r was 129kg, another 169kg :eek: with the burger weighting in a reported 174

My manual lists a dry weight of 199kg - I don't think Suzuki overstate the weight so the real life weight would definitely be higher!

The B650 is noticeably heavier than my B400 so even if the gt250r is 169kg, that is probably a wet weight and the B650 could easily be over 250kg. I think the dry weight of the B650 is listed as 230kg.

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 16:29
My manual lists a dry weight of 199kg - I don't think Suzuki overstate the weight so the real life weight would definitely be higher!

meh, no two sites seem to agree on this, but if you're volunteering your burger to see if we can indeed lift it... game on :done:

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 16:39
Aye - I've seen pie-eating Harley moved by one average sized person with only the aid of a cunning mechanical device to allow the whole behomoth to pivot about its axis.

A thingy that used little rollers and went under the rear wheel.

The SMC outlaw gang should get us one so that we can do a metephorical "Shit on the Manicured Lawn of The Man"™ by moving bikes parked to demonstrate their owner's grasp of freedom of expression.

Any other suggestions to increase our "badass" quotient?

(With apologies to BDOTGNZA - surely outlaw gangs are not aware of the Ass/Arse dichotomy?)

MarkH
9th October 2008, 17:23
meh, no two sites seem to agree on this, but if you're volunteering your burger to see if we can indeed lift it... game on :done:

I believe that Princess Bandit has mentioned that her hubby has a Burgman 650, you should see if he will let you test your strength lifting that - I have seen posts on a USA forum that suggests the listed 230kg is not accurate and the scooter is noticeably heavier than that.

Patar
9th October 2008, 20:48
On a site note, I would like to see the parking sections we have marked up with actual parking spots so that the space can be utilised efficiently.
Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a gap just too small to fit a bike in, but big enough that it fucks everything up.
Symonds st. is horrible for this, and engineering is absolute chaos with people nigh on parking ontop of each other and spilling into the handicap area.
OGGB isn't that bad but some of the spots the parking is getting horrible, especially the odd shaped ones where scooters try to squeeze into gaps everywhere.

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 20:57
Symonds st. is horrible for this,
That be a dangerous one to walk imho, marked parks can easily lead to pay for parking... council tried this line with us end of last year when we were looking for moar. :2guns:

Start a trend down there, try and get them to all face the rising sun... :Punk:

Patar
9th October 2008, 21:03
imo it's either mark the spots or teach people how to park so it doesn't look like they have the mental capacity of a 3 year that was dropped in the delivery room and constantly falls down a flight of stairs.
There's always one idiot who parks diagonally when everyone else is parked perpendicularly to the road.
RAGE

bomma
9th October 2008, 21:08
mate i got there today, found a scooter parked like a fucking idiot!!! facing the barrier, taking up like 3 parking spots, left me just enough gap to fit between him and the bike next but cudnt handle lock without my handle hitting the scooter!!! got kyle to help swivle my bike around a bit and repark....:angry2:

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 21:29
imo it's either mark the spots or teach people how to park so it doesn't look like they have the mental capacity of a 3 year that was dropped in the delivery room and constantly falls down a flight of stairs.

That is a brilliant description of it. :lol:

motorbyclist
10th October 2008, 00:01
unfortunately if we mark spots they have to be sized appropriately so there is no chance of TL1000s leaning over the lines and burgmans still fit

which means you'll be able to fit two scooters to a spot

and then if we ask for enforcement, they'll go and stick up some parking meters to "cover their costs" at a huge profit while continuing to ticket for wofs etc that are clearly displayed

the only thing that stops them doing it is that we can't secure parking tickets to bikes - but that can be easily overcome

motorbyclist
10th October 2008, 00:03
and the probelm with engineering is it's such an odd shaped spot - if you can think of a good layout do tell us

mate i got there today, found a scooter parked like a fucking idiot!!! facing the barrier, taking up like 3 parking spots, left me just enough gap to fit between him and the bike next but cudnt handle lock without my handle hitting the scooter!!! got kyle to help swivle my bike around a bit and repark....:angry2:

i'e said it before and i say it again

i move scooters

i've swivelled GNs

but only if there's no other parking

got stumped by that 1300cc behemoth parallel parked though....

sunhuntin
10th October 2008, 09:40
unfortunately if we mark spots they have to be sized appropriately so there is no chance of TL1000s leaning over the lines and burgmans still fit

which means you'll be able to fit two scooters to a spot

and then if we ask for enforcement, they'll go and stick up some parking meters to "cover their costs" at a huge profit while continuing to ticket for wofs etc that are clearly displayed

the only thing that stops them doing it is that we can't secure parking tickets to bikes - but that can be easily overcome

when ive had to use pay n display parking, i managed to clip the paper underneath the petrol cap. might work if the cap is raised on your tank like it is mine, but might be more tricky if it sits flush.

and yeh, lining out parks doesnt work very well. theres one in invers that i used. my bikes got such a bitch of a lean that i basically took up 3 of the 4 lines the one time i did use it. every other time some cage was parked in them instead.

motorbyclist
10th October 2008, 12:13
frankly i don't trust that people won't just steal the ticket from your bike like they do wofs and regos

nor do i trust wardens to bother to look for them

heck i don't even trust that, parked on symonds street, my bike will still be there when i go to leave at the end of the day

Hanne
12th October 2008, 21:02
heck i don't even trust that, parked on symonds street, my bike will still be there when i go to leave at the end of the day

with good reason!:oi-grr:

motorbyclist
22nd October 2008, 23:16
and for the record, the other day i saw the hyosung rider has finally gotten the message and started parking in the bike parking

also, a few of the other regular retards seem to have caught on too

the system works!:)

GSXR Trace
23rd October 2008, 01:18
with good reason!:oi-grr:

shit how often are bikes stolen from symond st?

boostin
23rd October 2008, 07:07
I wouldn't say regurarly but often enough to bother people with nicer bikes. If you ride the Gsx-r to Uni I would part it somewhere safer than Symonds St.

Did you say you are doing Law? I think the safest place is the Law School M/C parking.

Squiggles
23rd October 2008, 08:37
I wouldn't say regurarly but often enough to bother people with nicer bikes.

Last reported theft was of a 1982? Drum brake GN250

boostin
23rd October 2008, 08:46
When was that?

Squiggles
23rd October 2008, 08:53
When was that?

About a month ago

boostin
23rd October 2008, 09:03
How many bikes have gone from Symonds street this year?

MarkH
23rd October 2008, 09:31

Maybe the thief didn't have a full license?

motorbyclist
23rd October 2008, 23:12
How many bikes have gone from Symonds street this year?

i've heard some pretty high numbers, but don't have anything definitive apart from "a lot"

Maybe the thief didn't have a full license?

or know that GN250 parts will go fast and without question