PDA

View Full Version : RIDE SH22 tomorrow - 9 Oct

TOTO
8th October 2008, 10:51
Anyone wanna join CHOCO and me on SH22 tomorrow.

meeting at Auckland Uni Gym. 10am. departure 10.30 ish or so. You can also meet us at BP autobahn at about 11ish. Look for White 250 Honda Hornet, rider with a green leather jacket.

Plan is to go down SH22, possibly down to Raglan. Have some feed, buy Lotto tickets (Coz the small towns always take the lotto) and come back up on Sh22.

On the way back I wanna stop over at Rick at Lifestyle Imports to get me some new boots, so if someone needs some motorcycle gear is welcome to come too. the dude lives exactly in the beginning of sh22 (mercer) so it is not a biggie.

Ride is not gonna be super fast as Sh22 can be a goat track at the best of times.

If you are still in the very begginning of your riding, this ride is probably not the best place to start. Otherwise everyone is welcome.

All is weather permitting. looks good at this stage.

Confirmation of Ride proceeding as planned will be in this thread around 8:30 am.

BANZAI
8th October 2008, 11:43
I wish I can go, but have tut 10am, lab 1pm and can't miss that...

SH22!!! I wanna go there!!! Maybe after Auckland uni exams??

Stupid uni calender! Can't they all start and finish on same date???

Choco
8th October 2008, 11:46
*bump*
I'm keen :D

Ragingrob
8th October 2008, 12:20
Uni 10 till 4 :(:(:(

TwoShades
8th October 2008, 13:13
Slight problem being its a weekday with uni n stuff...

Timati
8th October 2008, 13:33
Hey dude,

How long is the ride for?

Nagash
8th October 2008, 14:59
Sorry Todd, turns out I won't be able to join you afterall.

Hope you guys have a good ride, and watch out for those phantom sheep.

And also the pot holes will be especially crazy with the wet winter we've been having, so be careful of that.

But otherwise, have a good ride! Show them how the hornet's do it.

TOTO
8th October 2008, 21:44
lol no takers ay, oh well me and choco gonna have it all to ourselves then :p

In that case we are shooting straight to Bp Autobahn and not gonna be at uni at all. If there are any anonomous people who would like to join in , meet us at Bp Autobahn at 11.

timati, ride will be chilled out with no hurry so I'm guessing a good 5 hours or so. That means its gonna be about 5-6 when we return :rockon:

All is weather permitting ofcourse !

Timati
9th October 2008, 07:01
lol no takers ay, oh well me and choco gonna have it all to ourselves then :p

In that case we are shooting straight to Bp Autobahn and not gonna be at uni at all. If there are any anonomous people who would like to join in , meet us at Bp Autobahn at 11.

timati, ride will be chilled out with no hurry so I'm guessing a good 5 hours or so. That means its gonna be about 5-6 when we return :rockon:

All is weather permitting ofcourse !

Hey dude,

Sorry lost your number. Could you text me if it's on and I'll meet you at Autobahn.

TOTO
9th October 2008, 07:23
Weather is wicked. Ride is On ! :sunny: 11am BP Autobahn !

Timati sending you TXt now bro :mobile:

P.s. If you check my private field on my profile you would be able to get the number :stupid:

Choco
9th October 2008, 07:25
Hey dude,

Sorry lost your number. Could you text me if it's on and I'll meet you at Autobahn.

:banana:
Whooho!

BANZAI
9th October 2008, 08:08
Weather is wicked?? It's pissing down in city.... Hey if you guys cancel it, but weather looks ok after 2pm come ride with Me and EJ to Huia. Gonna do very short one. :)

TOTO
9th October 2008, 08:15
thanks banzai, but its only a small cloud you have on top of you I think , coz I see clear sky from my roof for at least 50km and the satelite shows no rain at all in 2 hours time so it should be good.

musicman
9th October 2008, 08:21
We'll be back at 5-6pm?? That's a pretty big chunk of the day... I'm still keen though, but would prefer to get home a little bit earlier... if possible... if not, oh well!

GSXR Trace
9th October 2008, 12:11
Man, how can you guys possibly go for a ride that long on a week day... don't you have work or class? I hate thefact that I'm sitting in Evidence for two hours, while you are out riding!:girlfight:

bomma
9th October 2008, 12:29
I'm sitting in Evidence for two hours,

sounds kinky, do tell more :Punk:

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 18:16
Man, how can you guys possibly go for a ride that long on a week day... don't you have work or class? I hate thefact that I'm sitting in Evidence for two hours, while you are out riding!:girlfight:

^^^Evidence eh... Is it just Scott Optican by himself this semester? (Peter Sankoff is on sabbatical I think? - no Sankoff cartoons - boo hoo!)

Law students are taking over the SMC! Hurrah :shifty:

sounds kinky, do tell more :Punk:

It's the very antithesis of kinky (Unless you get off on Res Gestae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxgY1sVV9c) hearsay exceptions or summat?) [linky is a lego you tube vid the lecturer loves...]

TOTO
9th October 2008, 18:50
It was a nice day boys and dirls :p

wend down Sh22, saw some little lambs, scared some cows, we saw turkeys, eagles (cool), a few Green parrots (super cool).

pretty cruisy to enjoy the scenery but fastish enough to get pleasure of the corners. Mint ride.

Choco decided to take a small detour and we discovered 31Km of uncharted territory with twisties, and some huge waterfall - it was just :gob:

a wee small feed and a gentle cruise back home. Thanks for nice day out boys.

Choco, picies ?

musicman
9th October 2008, 18:58
It was a nice day boys and dirls :p

wend down Sh22, saw some little lambs, scared some cows, we saw turkeys, eagles (cool), a few Green parrots (super cool).

pretty cruisy to enjoy the scenery but fastish enough to get pleasure of the corners. Mint ride.

Choco decided to take a small detour and we discovered 31Km of uncharted territory with twisties, and some huge waterfall - it was just :gob:

a wee small feed and a gentle cruise back home. Thanks for nice day out boys.

Choco, picies ?

Yeah, thanks TOTO and Choco for the great day!

I didn't see no eagles and parrots... where were they? I did see a bunch of chickens though... (EDIT: And LOTS of flooded paddocks... poor farmers...)

Bridal Veil Falls is awesome!

TOTO
9th October 2008, 19:08
The parrots and eagles were in front of us when I was at the beginning of 22 , just past those roadworks and into the forest. that made my day those green parrots.

O I also saw heaps of sparrows in raglan while waiting for you two to come to the bench. I even shared half my pie with the sparrows. love those little bandidos :D

Edit: We also saw a few blue pigies :Police:.They were happy pigs tho so they didnt drag us in the mud with them. :woohoo:

Choco
9th October 2008, 19:44

Choco: Wanna go see the waterfall?
Toto: WHAT?
Choco: WANT. TO. GO. SEE. THE. WATER. FALL?
Toto: HUH?
Choco: WATER. FALL. *points at sign*
Toto: Ah, ok!

Earplugs, Loud bikes and helmets fail :(

I didn't see no eagles and parrots... where were they? I did see a bunch of chickens though...

Haha, i saw them on the side of the road and just had to point and do chicken actions! Also saw a hawk and almost hit a black thing that tried to do a mid air u-turn in front of my bike!!

Edit: We also saw a few blue pigies :Police:.They were happy pigs tho so they didnt drag us in the mud with them. :woohoo:

First Checkpoint I've ever been through!

Choco, picies ?
Coming....

Choco
9th October 2008, 19:56
Moar Photographical Evidence!

Choco
9th October 2008, 20:01
Photographical Evidence!

No. 4: Oh shit!:shit:

TOTO
9th October 2008, 20:03
hahahaha , where is his head gone ? :killingme

Choco
9th October 2008, 20:04
And some hornety goodness :love:

TOTO
9th October 2008, 20:07
And some hornety goodness :love:

u didnt take picture of the toilet right next you you lol

Choco
9th October 2008, 20:07
Thats it! No videos today.

Choco
9th October 2008, 20:08
u didnt take picture of the toilet right next you you lol

Haha nah, bikes posing next to toilets dont look good :laugh:

musicman
9th October 2008, 21:32
Photographical Evidence!

No. 4: Oh shit!:shit:

Ah I should have done one bent over facing the other way! :lol:

Choco
9th October 2008, 22:03

:laugh:
Next time!
And we need to get Everything Burgers too!

Magua
9th October 2008, 22:10
Sweet waterfall. Where is it?

TOTO
9th October 2008, 22:22
Sweet waterfall. Where is it?

those were Bridal Falls (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bridal+Falls&sll=-37.894634,174.877367&sspn=0.047751,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.884473,174.877367&spn=0.047758,0.077162&z=14&iwloc=A)

GSXR Trace
10th October 2008, 09:25
^^^Evidence eh... Is it just Scott Optican by himself this semester? (Peter Sankoff is on sabbatical I think? - no Sankoff cartoons - boo hoo!)

Law students are taking over the SMC! Hurrah :shifty:

It's the very antithesis of kinky (Unless you get off on Res Gestae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxgY1sVV9c) hearsay exceptions or summat?) [linky is a lego you tube vid the lecturer loves...]

Yep its just Optican this semester... but he's a good lecturer. But thursday was a two hour video of Irving Younger (if you have done evidence, you no doubt know what Im talking about).
It really is not a kinky subject, more gruesome or funny rather than kinky!
If law students are taking over SMC... who else is a law student?

GSXR Trace
10th October 2008, 09:28
Looked like a gorgeous day guys! Id definitely be keen for you to show me the way soem weekend after exams (not during hte week because I will be doing research 8-5 at ESR over summer, and don't want to be working with knowledge you are all out there riding again!!!!):no:

Nivosus
10th October 2008, 11:25
that waterfall is pretty

retro asian
10th October 2008, 11:44

ROR ...... I mean LOL

TOTO
10th October 2008, 13:02
Looked like a gorgeous day guys! Id definitely be keen for you to show me the way soem weekend after exams (not during hte week because I will be doing research 8-5 at ESR over summer, and don't want to be working with knowledge you are all out there riding again!!!!):no:

yea, I do saturdays usually, so I will chuck a thread up again in the next few weeks after my exams are finished.

that waterfall is pretty

yea, it is very impressive. Pictures dont give it enough credit.

bomma
10th October 2008, 13:22
looks like you guys had a minter of a day!! nice lil piccies too shouldda got one of the "pant waterfall" going into someone's mouth like those ads they had a lil while back for deep spring(?)

Evidence sounded like "they're holding me in evidence and then there might be a strip search involved with three other hot police-women for 2 hours"......maybe it's just me :shifty:

Murray
10th October 2008, 14:11
Quick question!!! Is the road sealed all the way to the Waterfall???

GSXR Trace
10th October 2008, 14:19
Evidence sounded like "they're holding me in evidence and then there might be a strip search involved with three other hot police-women for 2 hours"......maybe it's just me :shifty:

Sorry to disappoint!! But then again, you already had that thought so you got something out of it!:woohoo:

Choco
10th October 2008, 14:55
Quick question!!! Is the road sealed all the way to the Waterfall???

Yup!
at the start of it says "twisties: next 31 km"!:shit:

Should havent taken a photo for evidence <_<

TOTO
10th October 2008, 22:09
yea , we gotta do that road again!