PDA

View Full Version : MC19 engine into a MC22

BentWing_Bird
8th October 2008, 18:33
Hi,
The engine in my 1991 CBR250 MC22 is poked and have found a 1989 MC19 engine. Am pretty sure the mounting is the same and would transplant with no troubles but haven't found a definite answer. Anyone know for sure?
Not much difference between the engines internally according to the manual and should be compatible CDI and carby wise.

Cheers

The Pastor
8th October 2008, 18:37
not too sure ask on www.cbr250.com

Looks like the sites down.

Give it ago - see what happens.

R6_kid
8th October 2008, 18:45
me and a mate put an MC22 into an MC19. so should work the other way. There was one or two minor differences, but it was pretty much plug and play.

BentWing_Bird
8th October 2008, 19:03
Sweet guys. Think I'll give it ago if I decide to buy this motor. Will just be using the bare MC19 engine and using all the carbs and bits off the MC22, so hopefully no probs with plumbing and electrics.

Cheers

BentWing_Bird
14th December 2008, 21:05
Got the MC19 motor into the MC22 frame no worries and shes running sweet. A few things needed changing. The two water inlets or outlets on the back of the block, the CDI trigger plate swaped and the pick up (or wire a new plug on the old one). The alternator wires are too short on the MC19 so either extend them or swap the coils over. Clutch cable holder was slightly different to but all swappable. Also the ports on the inlets were the carb synch gages can be connected were changed to.
Basically sit the two motors together and swap what's different!
Hope this helps to get your CBR back on the road if it happens to destroy itself :Oops:

roadracingoldfart
15th December 2008, 19:50
Got the MC19 motor into the MC22 frame no worries and shes running sweet. A few things needed changing. The two water inlets or outlets on the back of the block, the CDI trigger plate swaped and the pick up (or wire a new plug on the old one). The alternator wires are too short on the MC19 so either extend them or swap the coils over. Clutch cable holder was slightly different to but all swappable. Also the ports on the inlets were the carb synch gages can be connected were changed to.
Basically sit the two motors together and swap what's different!
Hope this helps to get your CBR back on the road if it happens to destroy itself :Oops:

Another happy Honda back on the road again :yes: