PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, power tripping, dumbass security guard!

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 00:08
not sure if this sort of thing has been dizcussed in another thread/set of posts, but here's a little overview of one interesting thing that happened tonight...

at about 8:30-ish kyle, ehab, hassan and myself were at the carpark, as usual, and were readying to leave. a friend of ours, who's learning to ride, decided to jump onto ehab's gsx (the white demon whale-bike), and run a few laps around the car park. - now most of us have done this (i know i did it as my means of getting my daily fix of motorbiking till i balls'd up to take my bike home), so u can understand that it's a "perfectly normal, natural thing". - god love the american pie movies. it's one of the few things the yanks have done right!

so anyway, as u all know, ehab's gsx haad kyle's old fzr's can on it, and so is somewhat louder than a normal bike...(just a little). haha. so as our friend was doing his laps, he caught the attention of a certain "passer bye":Police:. yes, our good friend, the security guard - who'll clearly only come to the car park when a muffler is making a lot of noise, but never in a million years, think twice about an alarm shrieking it's little batteries to death!..., dumass dip-shit, loser punk who has no life.... mumble mumble*.

now i undestand that the guard could've had a really rough day. a lot of stupid kids being all smart-arse about anything, just to piss others off. so, i sympathise, but what he did, was a bit un-called for.

haha, now back to the point...guard comes down, and tells us off for useing the car park to teach our friend how to ride, or for letting him practice in there. he "politely" - *cough!!, LIES!! - cough**cough* - suggested that we use teh main road for such lessons, as it was causing many disturbances where we were. sure, ppl are around uni at half 8, but really, the car park was virtually empty. most of the ppl around ater 8 are getting drunk at shads! or are too far away to hear anything...

back to the story.. so he tells us to turn off the engine becoz it's making noise - fair call. then he says we shouldn't hang around the car park, but should just start up the bike and ride on out straight away. now this is where ehab started to explain how the bike needs to warm up before being taken out, and how it coul cause serious engine damage... etc etc. and i gotta say. props to ehab for being so patient with the guy. he explained it really calmly and nicely. but no... the guard will "have none of that crap in his car park!"

the guard was like.. "that's absolute rubbish! i've seen ppl just start up a bike, hop on, and ride off! don't lie to me about starting it up and warming it up" he then points to prudvi's (hope i spelt that right) bandit which at this point was n the side, running, and warming up. he'd joined us a bit earlier and was on the side. he says "turn that off as well!"

again ehab was like "he's warming it up. the bike can't run when it's cold". but no... the guard didn't believe it! after all, cars can drive off right away, why should bikes be any different. and what the hell's so different between this fue injected bike nonsense and the carb ones! who gives a shit they run, so get them out now!" - well, that's the sorta mentality he had going anyway.

ehab suggested he then check it up online. no, he didn't want to hear it and then decided it a good point in time to say "look, if u keep this up, i'll get all your parking here take away!". he then walks along the corridoor, towards teh prayer rooms... stops facing hassan's bike along teh fence and says "this shouldn't be here! ure in teh way. and sometimes ppl park on the side there too. it's in the way. i can get it towed away! don't park there". he clearly ddn't notice the difference in colours of paint marking the floor. the white is parkable, yellow's not... - he's possbly senile, and colour blind, so again, well forgive him!

haha, of course, it's not just over yet. prudvi finds this exact moment the perfect one to run up tp kyle's honet and rev teh shit out of it! the security guard gets even more pissed off and is like stop doing that! i told u it's making noise". hahaha... very right, and totally uncalled for - the engine revving - but we had to stick to our guns, and so hassan says " no man, u see, we've gotta warm it up, and so taking it around in circles or revving it is the best way to do that" .. u can't go riding at a high speed on a cold engine! so u need to warm it up at low speeds in a safe environment!... hahah... (right?)

haha... so that's tonight's string of fun filled, power tripping, unknowledged guards who have nothing better to do but tell us off... again, we weren't rude or anything - jsut a few cheeky moments, that had to be made under the circumstances, obviously!

so, what says u all? any additions to this rant? im just posting this up as a favour to ehab. haha. plus it was a really funny moment!

PirateJafa
9th October 2008, 00:19
..... :slap:

motorbyclist
9th October 2008, 00:20
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 00:26
jaffa..how the hell could a newbie riding slower than your ganny pisses rev the shit out of a bike. he was giving it so little gas that he stalled it right in the beginning. he was riding really slowly man. quite literally practicing keeping teh bike going. the only thing that could've attracted the guard was the fact that ehab's muffler is just louder than normal. the guard didn't complain about us hooning around the carpark like nutty turds, but about the noise it created, just having the bike going..

come on man. circles, for a learner, are nothing load! gurad just flipped out of a general haate for uni students/bikers in general - tho prudvi didn't help the situation with his little bursts of bike revving here and there

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 00:27
HAHAAH u cheecky cheecky sod! u edited that post half way through my response!

motorbyclist
9th October 2008, 00:29
first of all, riding you bike, and revving them out do NOT count as warming.

quietly idling counts as warming

secondly, yes i appreciate that this guy is clearly a retard (otherwise he'd be in the police force:laugh:)

finally - DON'T ANTAGONISE THE GUARDS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE PEOPLE
at the end of his beat he'll fill out his form and say "rude bikers racing in carpark and making excessive noise".
then the arrogant assholes (and they are) further up go "right, fuck them then we'll take the parking".
that goes further up and all of us are reguarded as undesirable because of one guard who YOU worked up.

so where does antagonising guards get us?
our poor president has a lot of peace making to do to get things sorted again.
we lose parking.
guards don't give a shit when bikes are blatantly being stolen.

just like i moved that hyosung, i would've told you guys to shut up.

sure he's wrong, and i'm sure you were calm, but being cheeky and not saying "yes sir" just makes them get angry and it's pretty clear they aren't the brightest (or they'd be cops)

SO, next time just give squigs or me a shout and we will sort out another "arrangement" with unsafe so that the guards can't harass you for this. they still may, but when they fill in that form it will reflect badly on them not us.

i know it sucks, but unfortunatley we have to play the system. the trick is to use the system to work FOR you;)

so next time just do as he says, THEN explain the warming up situation. he's much more likely to listen to you if he thinks he's got control of the situation. once he's gone (and isn't just hiding round the corner) you start back up, warm up and leave. go to a nice quiet carpark somewhere, maybe a subdivision where the houses are still under construction, industrial estate etc etc

motorbyclist
9th October 2008, 00:31
come on man. circles, for a learner, are nothing load! gurad just flipped out of a general haate for uni students/bikers in general - tho prudvi didn't help the situation with his little bursts of bike revving here and there

ok, if you put it like that, fair enough with the riding. burnouts/wheelies/faster than running pace are another issue

tell pruvdi he's an asshat for me

HAHAAH u cheecky cheecky sod! u edited that post half way through my response!

cause i called first dibs to get an "official" club response until squigs edits my post

we have a very efficient propaganda machine going here on KB;)

remember the cops/unsafe may well be reading this forum

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 00:49
first of all, riding you bike, and revving them out do NOT count as warming.
fair call, and the only thing that we can say to this is to NOT use ehab's bike for learner lessons as it's too loud, and attracts teh wrong kind of attention! we know, but the loops that many of us have done have all been very harmless.

but then, yes the revving didn't help! we know it, but it was done none-the less... but we know it's not smart. it was just at that point where we just had to stick to our guns and keep with the whole "warming engine story. not the best excuse, but it was that or a few more bachings fromt eh guard - which now don't seem too bad an option. perhaps it'd have been better to just have apologised straight after the revving.

finally - DON'T ANTAGONISE THE GUARDS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE PEOPLE
at the end of his beat he'll fill out his form and say "rude bikers racing in carpark and making excessive noise".

honestly, ehab wasn't. he was just being honest. (i used the word honest too much there, methinks). some silly things were done, yes, and we know they shuldn't have been. sorry again for that... dam pridvi, put me into a bit of a mess here!

sure he's wrong, and i'm sure you were calm, but being cheeky and not saying "yes sir" just makes them get angry and it's pretty clear they aren't the brightest (or they'd be cops)

yea, but agreeing to some1 who doesn't even wanna hear truth, is a bit hard to do, and too superficial! if it's wrong, i dunno how i could just agree with it and let it go. he also needs to know about some things, to save him being an arse again - well, at east make him a slightly more educated ass!

SO, next time just give squigs or me a shout and we will sort out another "arrangement" with unsafe so that the guards can't harass you for this. they still may, but when they fill in that form it will reflect badly on them not us.

i know it sucks, but unfortunatley we have to play the system. the trick is to use the system to work FOR you;)

so, is this post passable as a recap of tonyt, to help prep for a possible verbal bash by unisafe? some parts we know could've been done better, or just not done at all, on our behalf, but some parts were ridiculous. it's a fine line; a knfe's edge to balance on. how u guys manage it, i'll never know, but u sure as hell do it well!

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 00:52
ok, if you put it like that, fair enough with the riding. burnouts/wheelies/faster than running pace are another issue

tell pruvdi he's an asshat for me

haha... consider it done! - kyle took care of that pretty quickly!

cause i called first dibs to get an "official" club response until squigs edits my post

we have a very efficient propaganda machine going here on KB;)

remember the cops/unsafe may well be reading this forum

well said! haha gotta love the hierachy! it's a great thing, but only when u're high up in the system. being at he bottom of the ladder bites!

motorbyclist
9th October 2008, 01:02
well we try not to be condescending pricks;)... position here only really comes from actually doing things for the club and earned respect

mind you, that only really applies to the months following stephen's election as el presidente - before then was dark times for the SMC. to think we trusted a scooter rider with all our money :doh:

ital916
9th October 2008, 06:51
Idiots :laugh:

CookMySock
9th October 2008, 07:19
"right, fuck them then we'll take the parking".One day you have to stop cowering in fear, and tell someone to get fucked, or else you will let everyone do this to you until you are old and burned and completely fucking sick of it. Trust me, if you think like this now, one day you will have to change it or resign to living your life as a door mat.

our poor president has a lot of peace making to do to get things sorted again.Get a different president - one that will stand up for you and get you what you need, rather than choose the person who is the best liked.

he's much more likely to listen to you if he thinks he's got control of the situation.Yup. And he's much more likely to leave you alone completely if YOU have control of the situation - they won't approach you at all then. Take control back and they won't touch you whatsoever.

You guys are being trampled. Sharpen up earlier rather than later, and have a much more interesting future.

Steve

scumdog
9th October 2008, 07:25
12 year olds + motorbikes + authority = tears'n'tantrums

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 07:27
One day you have to stop cowering in fear, and tell someone to get fucked, or else you will let everyone do this to you until you are old and burned and completely fucking sick of it. Trust me, if you think like this now, one day you will have to change it or resign to living your life as a door mat.

Get a different president - one that will stand up for you and get you what you need, rather than choose the person who is the best liked.

Yup. And he's much more likely to leave you alone completely if YOU have control of the situation - they won't approach you at all then. Take control back and they won't touch you whatsoever.

You guys are being trampled. Sharpen up earlier rather than later, and have a much more interesting future.

Steve

Haha, easy to say from behind a keyboard over 300klicks away eh? Being stubborn doesnt get you far with the university.
I dont blame the security guard, having seen Ehab nearly fall off a few times, his mate on a gpx nearly hit by a car, and banzai tryto do a burnout nearly launching into a car to name a few, im not suprised. Its a tiny carpark, laden with cars, common sense eh?

CookMySock
9th October 2008, 07:51
Haha, easy to say from behind a keyboard over 300klicks away eh? Being stubborn doesnt get you far with the university.
I dont blame the security guard, having seen Ehab nearly fall off a few times, his mate on a gpx nearly hit by a car, and banzai tryto do a burnout nearly launching into a car to name a few, im not suprised. Its a tiny carpark, laden with cars, common sense eh?Nah it's easy to say in real life too - try it. You will get massive umbrage the first time you do it, but it gets easier as they relinquish control to you.

Good to see guys having fun on bikes then. :laugh:

Steve

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 08:50
Nah it's easy to say in real life too - try it. You will get massive umbrage the first time you do it, but it gets easier as they relinquish control to you.

Already have, when they were in the wrong, but here i dont believe they are :baby:

vifferman
9th October 2008, 08:58
Nah, that's crap. The best treatment for your bike is to start it, put your helmet and gloves on, then ride off gently till it's warm.

The guard may have been a dick, but you've given him an excuse to hassle everyone who rides a bike now. Really good PR, dudes. :Pokey:

bomma
9th October 2008, 08:59
right, so we go back again tonight same time with a bigger group and hopefully he shows up so we can give him the learn. kyle bring some machettes, ehab, you're iraqi, bring the aks and zim bring you're whole range of weapons that you've illegally smuggled in from zimbabwe and i'll bring the cigar cutter :devil2:

oh and most importantly rob, bring.........just come along to serve some rob norris justice!!

nodrog
9th October 2008, 09:10
you should whine about it on the internet, that will fix everything.

Marmoot
9th October 2008, 09:15
Stupid, power tripping, dumbass motorbicyclers... <_<

bomma
9th October 2008, 09:15
you should whine about it on the internet, that will fix everything.

woop woooooooop

Real_Wolf
9th October 2008, 11:32
:P, too bad my bike wasn't there being warmed up.

Its fairly loud compared to most, and it would have been a gaert example of 'it needs to warm up'.

I could have said "Sorry, it needs to warm up, or else it will have alot of trouble, see", dropped the throttle if it was still cold, and it would stall.

But more to the point, its easier to just agree than to fight with them, a unified front works alot better than everyone fighting their own battles. Either that, or convince some of our older members to join Unisafe

ehab2weelr
9th October 2008, 11:41
having seen Ehab nearly fall off a few times, his mate on a gpx nearly hit by a car, and banzai tryto do a burnout nearly launching into a car to name a few, im not suprised. Its a tiny carpark, laden with cars, common sense eh?

dude, i never lost it in that car park :sweatdrop haha, f*ck that mother f*cker! i could have f*cked him up that old F*ck head only reason i was calm is so we dont loose the park...... thats me thinking b4 acting and i dont do that very much, so be glad that i did otherwise that cunt would be dead and me behind bars, too much bad shit happening in my f*cking life last thing i need is some F*ck head giving me shit bout something so pointless...... :argh::angry2::angry2::angry2:

sorry if thats heavy on some people but sometimes shit has to be spoken

bomma
9th October 2008, 12:00
dude, i never lost it in that car park :sweatdrop haha, f*ck that mother f*cker! i could have f*cked him up that old F*ck head only reason i was calm is so we dont loose the park...... thats me thinking b4 acting and i dont do that very much, so be glad that i did otherwise that cunt would be dead and me behind bars, too much bad shit happening in my f*cking life last thing i need is some F*ck head giving me shit bout something so pointless...... :argh::angry2::angry2::angry2:

sorry if thats heavy on some people but sometimes shit has to be spoken

you know there's no "*" in fuck right?? ;)

ehab2weelr
9th October 2008, 12:07
you know there's no "*" in fuck right?? ;)

no sh*t ???? ur mom taught it to me that way after the practical :shifty:
:done:

bomma
9th October 2008, 12:24
no sh*t ???? ur mom taught it to me that way after the practical :shifty:
:done:

although that makes no sense, why you gotta bring my mom into this mang?? :oi-grr: that's just not nice.......you're acting just like the guard (or as zim says "gurad" wtf is "gurad" zim?!?!) :angry2:

as limp bizkit so eloquently puts it "you'll get knocked the fuck out, coz your mouth's writing cheques that your ass cant cash" :girlfight:

Hanne
9th October 2008, 13:08
before then was dark times for the SMC. to think we trusted a scooter rider with all our money :doh:

...never to be seen again *sigh*

Man, 'dark times' makes me think of knights and jousting.
jousting on motorcyle-back, now there's an idea....
pocket rocket tournament anyone??

Hanne
9th October 2008, 13:12
Oh, btw I have noticed security down there heaps more yesterday and today. Like 5 guards walked past when I was waiting by the RD at 12 and 4 or so.

I agree with Andrew, don't piss them off, best thing is sort it out from the top becasue then the guards can't really do anything. Except guard. But pissed off guards lock cars in carparks (hmm another story. That was epsom campus, but same principle)

Magua
9th October 2008, 14:10
haha, of course, it's not just over yet. prudvi finds this exact moment the perfect one to run up tp kyle's honet and rev teh shit out of it! the security guard gets even more pissed off and is like stop doing that!

How is pissing off the guards going to help anything?

Nivosus
9th October 2008, 15:27
wall of text. but yah security guards here are kinda anoying. stealing ur drinks from the library etc. i dont really understand how water an be ok but juice in the exsact same container is not?

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 15:42
Any issues with security guards are best dealt with politely and assertively through the proper channels. [And assertively does not mean instructions to 'fuck off']

There are a number of stakeholders here - ie think of the bigger picture. We don't always make the best decisions under the influence of perceived antagonism.

If a un(i)safe guard gives you gyp - be polite. Don't dig yourself (or the rest of us!) a hole.

Get the guard's name - most of them seem to have name badges.

If they won't let you have their name/ID be sure to follow it up with unisafe - they are there for us, paid for with our fees and taxes. Perhaps even take a picture with your phone?

State that you disagree, but will comply on this occasion and that you WILL bring it up with the appropriate authorities.

Make a note of relevant details if possible - time, the 'issue' at hand, others present etc

Discuss with Squiggles to determine appropriate action.

Problem can then be raised with unisafe in such a way as to point out that their guards are being unreasonable

[doing things like unilaterally threatening to take away our parking IS UNREASONABLE AND BULLYING and completely beyond the pale - an individual guard has very little say in policy decisions]

^^This is real-world problem solving - it works on more than just un(i)safe.

Taking unilateral action makes you no better than a 'power tripping, dumbass security guard'

Overall, this situation could have been handled better on both sides.

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 16:15
although that makes no sense, why you gotta bring my mom into this mang?? :oi-grr: that's just not nice.......you're acting just like the guard (or as zim says "gurad" wtf is "gurad" zim?!?!) :angry2:

haha.. hey man. i said this thread was a favour for ehab, so i had to keep with his style of spelling, or rather MIS-SpelDing!

dude.. wtf's MANG?

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 16:20
How is pissing off the guards going to help anything?

no idea buddy... ask the culptrit. none of us were impressed, but there's little we could've done after he rev'd up the bikes now is there.. apologise? - yea, i'm sure we did. but nothing else.... we know he was a bit of a twat for doing it.

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 16:25
Any issues with security guards are best dealt with politely and assertively through the proper channels. [And assertively does not mean instructions to 'fuck off']......
....Taking unilateral action makes you no better than a 'power tripping, dumbass security guard'

Overall, this situation could have been handled better on both sides.

good approach. didn't look for a name badge, and most of the talking was done by ehab and hassan. the stupid shit by prudvi... i'm clearly the one who pulled the short straw and was tricked into typing this up <_<.

phone wouldn't have been able to take a clear pic (no flash). we've tried to take pics down there at night... never been successful - with my camera anyway.

^"Taking unilateral action makes you no better than a 'power tripping, dumbass security guard'"

haha... well said bud. i think most of us were pretty passive about it. i mean ehab only tried to explain the reason for letting te engine run. but i see what u're saying. will keep it in mind for next time

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 16:28
Just to clarify - taking photos of security guards would only be a very last resort if they were being difficult and refusing to confirm their identity.

It would just be so they take you seriously, and so you have some sort of proof of WHICH guard was being difficult to show their boss and drop them in it.

Nothing that was done by our 'lawless gang of miscreants' [to paraphrase Dushy] sounded too bad to me. Just could have been handled better. I appreciate that's very easy to say with the benefit of hindsight (and I wasn't there...)

bomma
9th October 2008, 17:46
(and I wsn't there...)

:shit::shit::shit::shit: BDOTGNZA shall eat you up for that one!!! QUICKLY NOW edit it!!!!:doh::no:

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 18:06
:shit::shit::shit::shit: BDOTGNZA shall eat you up for that one!!! QUICKLY NOW edit it!!!!:doh::no:

"You must spread some reputation around etc. etc."

Yeah, allright, allright. Inadvertant, typo generated 'txt spk'

Edit completed, BDOTGNZA appeased etc.

I can spell, and apostrophise, and generally use me some good England - but I can't type to save myself... Damn it! Why, oh why wasn't it compulsory in High School???

Squiggles
9th October 2008, 18:20
???

The man has a stuck keyboard, someone save him!

Phurrball
9th October 2008, 18:30
The man has a stuck keyboard, someone save him!

"Avoid excessive use of punctuation! It can make you seem over-excited!!!"

Nyeh - 3 of anything has a pleasing symmetry... <= Hence the greatness of the ellipsis!!!

I coooould blame my keyboard - I have the world's most beaten-up Powerbook (Has survived 3 motorcycle related incidents and a fall from an ironing board)

(OK, I'm going home to take my medicine now. I think all the dental anaesthesia done has made me squiffy and post all strange now.) :eek:

bomma
9th October 2008, 18:35
dude.. wtf's MANG?

:mellow:never seen scarface i see:shit: what a sad and sheltered life you must live......

and rolf at phurrball!!! caught out twice, in the same thread, IN TWO SUCCESSIVE POSTS NO LESS!!! :laugh:

firefighter
9th October 2008, 18:39
:mellow: lame. lame. lame. If he comes back completely ignore him, he'll go away eventually. When I mean ignore, I mean like he's invisible, and don't write gay shit like this again. You big bitch........You were basically shown up by an idiot.

twinkle
9th October 2008, 19:42
i dont really understand how water an be ok but juice in the exsact same container is not?

take your water. chuck it all over your desk at home. let it dry. hows it feel?
take your juice. chuck it all over your desk at home. let it dry. hows it feel?
and the "but I won't spill it!!" line students use...:laugh::laugh::laugh: whatever man.

scumdog
9th October 2008, 21:56
12 year olds + motorbikes + authority = tears'n'tantrums

Like I sed....

Slyer
9th October 2008, 22:16
Any one of those 3 will do, really..

shingo
9th October 2008, 23:01
take your water. chuck it all over your desk at home. let it dry. hows it feel?
take your juice. chuck it all over your desk at home. let it dry. hows it feel?
and the "but I won't spill it!!" line students use...:laugh::laugh::laugh: whatever man.

But what if we use sippy cups? Like what they give to little kids so they don't spill their drinks everywhere.

scumdog
9th October 2008, 23:03
wall of text. but yah security guards here are kinda anoying. stealing ur drinks from the library etc. i dont really understand how water an be ok but juice in the exsact same container is not?

How old ARE you?????:shit:

Zim_Invader
9th October 2008, 23:28
and don't write gay shit like this again. You big bitch........You were basically shown up by an idiot.

... let's practice then, shall we. i'll start by ignoring this!:confused:

haha. like i said in the first post of this thread, i thought it was funny. jees mate. it's just uni. lighten up. the internet's where we're meant to post the silly shit. that's why it's called the internet!:doh:

haha... hey nishe, yeah, scarface is on the "yet to see" list, but it's one of the classics. some of teh recents include taken and others that i cannot name, becoz nothing spectacular comes to mind! i but yea..i gotta download that movie!!!!:Punk:

HungusMaximist
9th October 2008, 23:38
Yea, that's right, take a chill pill and lighten up fellas.

If it wasn't for the likes of Zim, Ehab or Kyle, the security mofos would be already out of their jobs.

Just remember back to the days when you were a wee juvenile delinquent...

Live a little aye guys.. ?

motorbyclist
10th October 2008, 00:20
One day you have to stop cowering in fear, and tell someone to get fucked, or else you will let everyone do this to you until you are old and burned and completely fucking sick of it. Trust me, if you think like this now, one day you will have to change it or resign to living your life as a door mat.

you clearly haven't met this club.

and as i've said before - if you do it right and go through the proper channels you can use their own system against them. unsafe (and the university in general) are so crippled by their own beurocracies and internal politics it doesn't take much to get what you want. (of course, taking the second to check that you are infact in the right always helps)

you should've seen the letter i sent them last year to get the whole parking situation in motion:devil2:

Get a different president - one that will stand up for you and get you what you need, rather than choose the person who is the best liked.

.... that is exactly what we have.

Nah, that's crap. The best treatment for your bike is to start it, put your helmet and gloves on, then ride off gently till it's warm. +1 what i do.

but of course a few of the club bikes won't run without life support even on the warmest of mornings

infact, my dirtbike won't even warm up til it's been moving for a few hundred metres

The guard may have been a dick, but you've given him an excuse to hassle everyone who rides a bike now. Really good PR, dudes. :Pokey:

exactly

to multiquote, click the "multi" button just to the right of the quote button and continue reading thread. then when you're done, hit the "reply" or "quote" button and all the quotes are there and in order for you ;)

ital916
10th October 2008, 06:51
... let's practice then, shall we. i'll start by ignoring this!:confused:

haha. like i said in the first post of this thread, i thought it was funny. jees mate. it's just uni. lighten up. the internet's where we're meant to post the silly shit. that's why it's called the internet!:doh:

haha... hey nishe, yeah, scarface is on the "yet to see" list, but it's one of the classics. some of teh recents include taken and others that i cannot name, becoz nothing spectacular comes to mind! i but yea..i gotta download that movie!!!!:Punk:

It's all fun an games till somene knocks you the fuck out..but then I guess there will be a "stupid, power tripping guard knocked me the fuck out thread" :laugh::laugh:

Nivosus
10th October 2008, 07:34
How old ARE you?????:shit:

50!

I think the point i was trying to make, is that they treat us like kids rather than adults. On one occasion i had a banana sitting on my desk in the library as i didnt want to put it in my bag in fear of it getting squashed. I was studying away and the security guard (while doing one of his self for filling laps of the premises) wanted me to put it in my bag. i mean wtf, i wasnt eating it, it wasnt distracting anyone. To me that is power tripping, wasting my study time to bring it up and his time watching movies downstairs on the surveillance station.

oh and who ever used the spilling juice on desk vs. water. If you are able to spill a pump bottle or any bottle cap that you effectly open and close with your mouth then you are to retarded to be at university anyway.

bomma
10th October 2008, 08:49
It's all fun an games till somene knocks you the fuck out..but then I guess there will be a "stupid, power tripping guard knocked me the fuck out thread" :laugh::laugh:

more like "assaulted by a power-tripping guard: court time here i come" provided you're in the right, do as much as you can to push the guy's limits coz ultimately he can't legally get violent without facing criminal charges and losing his job

but in this situation (hehe my first comment re: the topic of thread) i think ehab did the right thing but think prudvi wasnt helping the situation....maybe next time you guys should say "sorry but without the engine being on, the disk locks don't come off"......chances are he'll believe it :stupid:

nodrog
10th October 2008, 09:03
... do as much as you can to push the guy's limits coz ultimately he can't legally get violent without facing criminal charges and losing his job ...:

for fucksake, you sound like one of these little sideways cap wearing, baggy pants, boy racing, wanna be gansta, mumma's boys that we get coming to work here. they think they can do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it. one of them got welcomed to the real world last week, still has the black eye to prove it.

why dont you cunts just do as your fucken told?

bomma
10th October 2008, 09:16
for fucksake, you sound like one of these little sideways cap wearing, baggy pants, boy racing, wanna be gansta, mumma's boys that we get coming to work here. they think they can do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it. one of them got welcomed to the real world last week, still has the black eye to prove it.

why dont you cunts just do as your fucken told?

wow it's like you know me so well!!! lol mate read the whole post before you pass of judgements.....that was simply a statement of fact given that witnesses were present and that one action could not occur without certain repercussions......you sound like a cop

ladies and gentlemen, i give you yet ANOTHER kb troll :stupid:

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:27
wow burning bridges........

i never had an issue with the security guards even when i had the thunderclap gb400.

You guys must be real assholes.

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:30
50!

I think the point i was trying to make, is that they treat us like kids rather than adults. On one occasion i had a banana sitting on my desk in the library as i didnt want to put it in my bag in fear of it getting squashed. I was studying away and the security guard (while doing one of his self for filling laps of the premises) wanted me to put it in my bag. i mean wtf, i wasnt eating it, it wasnt distracting anyone. To me that is power tripping, wasting my study time to bring it up and his time watching movies downstairs on the surveillance station.

oh and who ever used the spilling juice on desk vs. water. If you are able to spill a pump bottle or any bottle cap that you effectly open and close with your mouth then you are to retarded to be at university anyway.
I know your trying to talk like an adult.
But all i hear is
"Whaaaaaa i want my bottle"

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:32
to multiquote, click the "multi" button just to the right of the quote button and continue reading thread. then when you're done, hit the "reply" or "quote" button and all the quotes are there and in order for you ;)
and then loose it all to pd...... she's a gamble

Nivosus
10th October 2008, 09:34
I know your trying to talk like an adult.
But all i hear is
"Whaaaaaa i want my bottle"

"you're"

using examples to make a point is obviously me wanting my bottle. what was i thinking :laugh::laugh::laugh:

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:37
right, so we go back again tonight same time with a bigger group and hopefully he shows up so we can give him the learn. kyle bring some machettes, ehab, you're iraqi, bring the aks and zim bring you're whole range of weapons that you've illegally smuggled in from zimbabwe and i'll bring the cigar cutter :devil2:

oh and most importantly rob, bring.........just come along to serve some rob norris justice!!
or get a life and move on......oh wait, you cant

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:38
"you're"

using examples to make a point is obviously me wanting my bottle. what was i thinking :laugh::laugh::laugh:
tell mommy then - she will make you one

nodrog
10th October 2008, 09:41
tell mommy then - she will make you one

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY

Nivosus
10th October 2008, 09:41
lol troll more faggot

ahaha @ that youtube vid

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:45
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY
haha that is classic.

avgas
10th October 2008, 09:47
take you friend to the car pack outside dicksmith in st lukes.
i taught the misses how to drift there and the security guard didn't mind

Ragingrob
10th October 2008, 10:10
Oh my god... What a thread.

If the security guard says turn off the bike just turn it off and then you can explain to him all you like, if he's heard the bike loud enough and long enough for him to make his way to the carpark then I'd say the bike's warmed up enough.

If a lion approached you with meat in your hand, let him have it and get outta there, don't fight him off for it!

Where's the point in making a massive deal outta nothing here? Apart from getting more angst from security now.

These guys are just doing their job, they take orders from the boss and make a living from it. No point in arguing with them, take it to the top...

Although, if you wouldn't wanna make the argument of "All we wanna do is ride around in the carpark and rev our bikes" to Unisafe, then you're probably in the wrong.

Didn't a bike get moved for the greater good of the SMC? OK, so what's your guys' punishment? :bash:

bomma
10th October 2008, 10:48
wow these sorta threads are like troll magnets!!! holy shit!! it's funny how people who aren't even concerned approach this with a holier than thou attitude!! telling us to grow up, harden up, bend over.....oh well this is KB after all.....:lol:

and sorry rob but mate i have to disagree with you on the principle....this is clearly a complete twat acting alone, based on self-serving principles. It's a car park ffs, there's nothing wrong with vehicles being on or people going around there??

but i agree with you on your suggested course of action....turn the engine off and then try and explain when the guy's a bit more calm.....anyways, looks like this thread's gone to the trolls so im outtie :done:

motorbyclist
10th October 2008, 12:18

fucking hell - three thousand posts, clearly pretty effective at getting a thread sent to PD, and you STILL haven't mastered the multquote feature?

mind you, that would explain the 3 thou posts:rolleyes:

Real_Wolf
10th October 2008, 17:39
geez, love page 4, we got trolled hard.

avgas
11th October 2008, 00:07
mind you, that would explain the 3 thou posts:rolleyes:
dont worry there is hope - i saw a glimmer then.
but yes i got sick of posts getting pulled into PD......
also if you search my past you will see i really dislike <no really> multiquote as badly as i hate fwd:....... because you know all that will run next is some crap of some dumbass's bebo page.
bandwidth is cheap - save a whale not the post count in a thread i say.