-conn rods
-crank
performance plug
19mm carb upgrade and pod filter
racing exhuast
racing clutch
running 106 leaded racegas 1 to 55 on castroll tts

goes good....

just wondering can this still suit any race class?

thanks

racefactory
14th October 2008, 23:32
shite isn't that a bit lean? I used to run my modded b1 rep at 25:1.. saved having blown top ends...

DELLORTO
15th October 2008, 06:48
hey i just installed these mods on my aircooled mini moto

high compression big bore kit
-bored barrel
-alloy head and studs
-piston
-conn rods
-crank
performance plug
19mm carb upgrade and pod filter
racing exhuast
racing clutch
running 106 leaded racegas 1 to 55 on castroll tts

goes good....

just wondering can this still suit any race class?

thanks

the nationals club you'd be in proody mod.....

CookMySock
15th October 2008, 07:05
shite isn't that a bit lean? I used to run my modded b1 rep at 25:1.. saved having blown top ends...naw we're running our b1's at 100:1 :love:

Thats Amsoil 100:1 premix oil though - the top of the market. We'll let KB know when we blow our first engine, but I doubt we will.

Steve

racefactory
15th October 2008, 07:31
naw we're running our b1's at 100:1 :love:

Thats Amsoil 100:1 premix oil though - the top of the market. We'll let KB know when we blow our first engine, but I doubt we will.

Steve

I don't understand why some folk do this. I mean sure it's amsoil... but 100 to 1 is rediculous for these tiny motors... You will not gain power from running it at that mixture... I'm just curious... why the hell not run at least 50:1 mixture? It's not going to do ANY harm!

CookMySock
15th October 2008, 08:06
I don't understand why some folk do this. I mean sure it's amsoil... but 100 to 1 is rediculous for these tiny motors... You will not gain power from running it at that mixture... I'm just curious... why the hell not run at least 50:1 mixture? It's not going to do ANY harm!Mostly we do it to alarm hell outa everyone - always a horrified look! :laugh:

Seriously though, the main reason is they start real real easy. First pull prime, second pull start, perfect idle every time, no stalling. We see people pulling the bloody starter cords off their bikes in frustration trying to start the bitch, while we sit there idling waiting for them. It just makes my life easy, and anything that does that gets to stay.

Anyways, one drip of oil more or less, and we have 50:1 anyways, and we make sure we don't over-ratio, so its more likely to be in the 60-80:1 ratio.

Steve

racefactory
15th October 2008, 08:37
Ah ok I see.

Rodney007
15th October 2008, 20:58
55:1 mix i get startup after first prime with a light spray of engine start

also race gas has lead.... lead is a form of lubrication ,, hence running it leaner than normal

100:1 is crazy

fixed idle problems by putting spacer on idle screw to preload the spring more and hold it in place rather than vibrate loose

and if it has good compression it should start fine at 25:1