PDA

View Full Version : Failing to display wof/rego on your bike... yeh right

lemining
23rd October 2008, 12:05
With help of fairgo and our president and our great lawyer! (thanks ross) :doobey: i have finally got ride of my two fines for displaying but them not looking fines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATDPZ6QbrgI

They actually show where it should be displayed which is good, because everyone had different ideas where about wof/rego should be put on the bike.

ps. Good that they edited "enf is enf part" ay steven lol... :spanking:

PirateJafa
23rd October 2008, 12:09
With help of fairgo and our president and our great lawyer! (thanks ross) :doobey: i have finally got ride of my two fines for displaying but them not looking fines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATDPZ6QbrgI

They actually show where it should be displayed which is good, because everyone had different ideas where about wof/rego should be put on the bike.

ps. Good that they edited "enf is enf part" ay steven lol... :spanking:
Yeah Stevo finally got his ugly mug on TV. :niceone:

Strang0r
23rd October 2008, 14:08
HA! Love the missed ticket at the end :Punk:

Thanks for that, I missed out on seeing it on tv

Phurrball
23rd October 2008, 14:37
A really good result - and the world's most famous Zeal...

The council looked like the inflexible, bureaucratic twats that they are (who were only shamed into 'reasonableness' by media attention rather than resolving a genuine admin error).

I laffed and larfed and laughed at the end segment. Priceless.

I'll be emailing Mr Tomlinson to see if my case is an 'administrative error' and pointing out the strong likelihood that they will loose based on High Court precedent (and waste ratepayers' money doing it).

Unfortunately, I suffer from a lack of time and no interwebby at home.

Will keep y'all posted.

bomma
23rd October 2008, 15:06
tee hee hee saved that cager $200 :2thumbsup

and stevo shaved!!! guess that only happens for special occassions :niceone:

lemining
23rd October 2008, 15:13
tee hee hee saved that cager $200 :2thumbsup

and stevo shaved!!! guess that only happens for special occassions :niceone:

you should have seen the acc guy, he wasnt too happy about it ;)

TOTO
23rd October 2008, 17:14
Way to go Luke and Stevo, you showed them who is boss.

GSXR Trace
23rd October 2008, 21:13
who the hell is going to put a WOF on the windshield of a bike! both of mine are screwed onto back of number plate, and that is where the motobike shop put them!

Good on ya for sticking to your guns and fighting it, cause that is just pathetic! :2guns:

motorbyclist
23rd October 2008, 23:38
on my old viffer i had the wof holder bolted to the wingmirror mount, but really the "normal" place is by the number plate

but then again since when did a beurocracy adhere to common sense and best practice? i'll be sticking them at the back unless the front becomes convienient spot again.

portokiwi
24th October 2008, 07:08
:pinch: You got to be joking about the windscreen.... try scraping of the old to put on a new one.
Mine came on the back of the number plate.
Good on ya guys:woohoo::woohoo: That was great. Enjoyed everymoment.
Watching the ACC try to wriggle out of that one lol.

BANZAI
24th October 2008, 08:46
LOL :niceone:

klyong82
24th October 2008, 11:22
I think I gonna drill another hole on my number plate to out the rego and hope it covers the first number...tee-hee-hee

Squiggles
24th October 2008, 12:20
:pinch: You got to be joking about the windscreen....

Motorcycles dont have windscreens :msn-wink:

lemining
24th October 2008, 12:32
The windscreen is a bit off idea, i agree. I'm guessing you would have to put one of those plastic sieves i got on my bike atm with wof and rego, wouldnt you have to drill a hole through your windscreen though? :blank:

Ixion
24th October 2008, 12:39
As has been noted, no motorcycle has a legal windscreen (just as well, because if we did it would have to have windscreen wipers and washers too.) we have a "wind deflector". So no bike can have its WoF mounted on the windscreen

However I do have von Klunken's on the wind deflector. But it is an unusually large wind deflector. I just stick it on with one of those "sticky round the edges" plastic covers that AA have for free.

lemining
24th October 2008, 12:48
:doh: That's true. It is pretty sad that stuff like that isnt specified like it is for cars. It gives everyone a lot of room to exploit it or be creative, however you would call it.

Ixion
24th October 2008, 12:59
Well, I would disagree. If the law specified it, they would be bound to write some rule that a significant proportion of bikes could not easily comply with.

The reality is that bikes have far fewer places for such things than cars, and the greatly variable characteristics of bike design mean that what will be practical on one model will be difficult on another.

The law , quite sensibly, requires that it be "displayed" and readily visible. That should be enough. If the stickers can be espied with a few seconds looking I think no-one has a right to object.

Real_Wolf
24th October 2008, 19:00
on my xs, it had a wof and rego mounted on a swing-out-able bit behind the plate, but it'd sit behind the plate unless you moved it.

So i moved it to 'the side' of the bike, right by the motorbike

Here is a square diagram:
rego | | wof
-------
license

I remember I came up to a cop stop, they were checking rego's it seemed, and they just asked "wheres your rego", and looked at it when i pointed in roughly the direction. Didn't have to specify it, just pointed to a side and tehy looked, and went "k, you can go".

:P

Cr1MiNaL
26th October 2008, 11:25
Go AUCKLAND UNI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION !!! I want all your babies

musicman
26th October 2008, 13:02
As has been noted, no motorcycle has a legal windscreen (just as well, because if we did it would have to have windscreen wipers and washers too.)

But I've seen Goldwings with a windscreen wiper.....

Ixion
26th October 2008, 14:17
I know. I have serious considered one for the BMW. The only thing that stopped me was the problem of adapting it to the electric blade.

bomma
28th October 2008, 20:45
Go AUCKLAND UNI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION !!! I want all your babies

whatever you're smoking/snorting/shooting raj, i want some :mellow:

sunhuntin
29th October 2008, 07:46
good on ya boys! caught the rerun over the weekend. well done all of you! loved the bit at the end with that jerk missing another notch in his belt, lmfao.

rego here is below the plate, and wof is bolted behind the plate. the bottom part of the wof holder is clearly visible if you look for it a tad.