PDA

View Full Version : I love SUSHI

TOTO
24th October 2008, 23:13
SUSHI (http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/18/dining/18sushi600.1.jpg) :drool:

Can some japanese person tell me where is the best SUSHI in Auckland ?

cs363
24th October 2008, 23:44
MMMMMM yummy - me too!! :D

Curry ain't bad either! lol

xwhatsit
24th October 2008, 23:47
Roll Black on Victoria St, just coming down the hill from Albert Park.

Actually Koreans who run it (just like most Japanese food establishments in Auckland actually :laugh:) but I just love the taste :D It's just standard sort of sushi, no fancy sashimi stuff, but for what it is it's great.

I go all the time when I'm at uni, I'm shit scared they'll go out of business like all the other shops that used to be there, so I'm making the most of it :laugh:

TOTO
24th October 2008, 23:49
ou yea , must try. Whats it look like ?

cs363
24th October 2008, 23:53
You guys are making me hungry... :drool:

rainman
25th October 2008, 07:54

I'm not Japanese but Bian in Symonds St is pretty good, always a queue at lunch time...

bomma
25th October 2008, 09:50
yummy sushi on queent st is awesome!! it's opposite imax :drool:

ehab2weelr
25th October 2008, 11:14
nevr had sushi before.....but goooooooo sushi.....:wari:

BANZAI
25th October 2008, 12:35
SUSHI (http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/18/dining/18sushi600.1.jpg) :drool:

Why don't you ask your Latina to be your Sushi? :lol:

I heard Gion in Parnell is good but never been there.

TOTO
25th October 2008, 13:13
Why don't you ask your Latina to be your Sushi? :lol:

I heard Gion in Parnell is good but never been there.

O but she is ... ;)

Anyhow I expected you to know the BEST sushi restaurant. Start looking !

EJK
25th October 2008, 13:17
O but she is ... ;)

Anyhow I expected you to know the BEST sushi restaurant. Start looking !

Once I saw a Japanese restaurant in the BMW Owner's Magazine. I think it was more like a proper restaurant than a sushi bar. It had a nice back ground/ view of the Skytower and all, which means its in the city...

I don't think it'll be cheap tho... I can't remember the restaurant name... gah!

TOTO
25th October 2008, 13:23
lets all help EJ think.......about the name of the restaurant.

EJK
25th October 2008, 14:38

You planning to take someone out? ;)

PHATVW
25th October 2008, 15:00
hey toto, i eat japanese food pretty much everyday and i frequent this shop called "sushi q/donkey", check it out! it's owned by my friend (very friendly authentic japanese people), let's go sometimes!

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/s3wy/donkey-japanese-restaurant-and-bar/

TOTO
25th October 2008, 17:23
hey toto, i eat japanese food pretty much everyday and i frequent this shop called "sushi q/donkey", check it out! it's owned by my friend (very friendly authentic japanese people), let's go sometimes!

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/s3wy/donkey-japanese-restaurant-and-bar/

Wicked Stan, thanks for that :niceone:

bomma
25th October 2008, 17:28

Wicked Stan, thanks for that :niceone:

kb dating scene ftw :mellow:

motorbyclist
25th October 2008, 18:34
sushi = :puke:

retro asian
25th October 2008, 20:29
Just beware of the Fish Sperm Sushi, when you go into those flash sushi shops.

I'm not joking! This sh*t is real... Watch out!....Unless that is what you are into....

BANZAI
26th October 2008, 09:21
Try Salmon Roe everyone! Very nice! :niceone:

HungusMaximist
26th October 2008, 10:41
You what Yugi, I have a brilliant idea, you should organise a Sushi and Beer party after the exams.

Each of us will bring an ingredient of somesort and throw it all together under your watchful eyes. :2thumbsup

EJK
26th October 2008, 11:30

Found it. It is Soto Japanese Restaurant located at 12 St Marys Road Ponsonby, Auckland.

When you go there, I recommend you to wear nicely e.g. tux. Its a restaurant where all waitress wears Kimono. The price isn't very high as I expected however still it is not like La Porchetta.

Try it sometime ;)

klyong82
26th October 2008, 19:17
Found it. It is Soto Japanese Restaurant located at 12 St Marys Road Ponsonby, Auckland.

When you go there, I recommend you to wear nicely e.g. tux. Its a restaurant where all waitress wears Kimono. The price isn't very high as I expected however still it is not like La Porchetta.

Try it sometime ;)

Thanks for the pics EJ....I'll be sure to try out the place....it looks pretty good from the pics...

TOTO
26th October 2008, 19:24

Try it sometime ;)

So I cant go with my leathers ? :pinch:

Do I gotta take my biker boots off ?:confused:

xwhatsit
26th October 2008, 21:32
So I cant go with my leathers ? :pinch:

Do I gotta take my biker boots off ?:confused:
You can do whatever you bloody like in public -- it is Ponsonby after all :sunny:

EJK
27th October 2008, 13:28
Thanks for the pics EJ....I'll be sure to try out the place....it looks pretty good from the pics...

lol yeah I just found out that 2 people's serving (basic entree, main and a dessert plus a drink) costs equivilant as serving 5 at La Porchetta :lol:

You can do whatever you bloody like in public -- it is Ponsonby after all :sunny:

Public sex? :dodge:

:chase:

klyong82
27th October 2008, 15:59
lol yeah I just found out that 2 people's serving (basic entree, main and a dessert plus a drink) costs equivilant as serving 5 at La Porchetta :lol:

Well that is Japanese it is not suppose to be cheap....

BANZAI
27th October 2008, 22:56
You what Yugi, I have a brilliant idea, you should organise a Sushi and Beer party after the exams.

Each of us will bring an ingredient of somesort and throw it all together under your watchful eyes. :2thumbsup

Hmm I never made Sushi my self so not sure how good I am supervising.
Gotta get fresh and SAFE fish from somewhere tho, that's the biggest problem here when you try to make sushi by yourself.

Try it sometime ;)

It looks really nice, will try it after exam :)

Has anyone tried Gion in Parnell??? What's it like?

xwhatsit
28th October 2008, 13:56
Has anyone tried Gion in Parnell??? What's it like?
I always perve at the waitresses in their kimonos, then carry on walking up the road another ten metres to Renkon. Who don't do sushi, but do the yummiest udon around, and are bloody cheap and friendly too.

The Durham St branch in the city (there's four now including the one in Parnell) used to be my favourite restaurant until they renovated it and it lost its rustic charm (big bench tables made from old railway sleepers or something, creaky seats, unfinished wood everywhere, that old woman chef screaming at the top of her lungs, always flat-out busy, perfect).

CookMySock
28th October 2008, 14:42
best sushi is homemade.. its easy and delicious, and it doesnt really matter what you fill it with. mainly I put veg and cold-smoked salmon in it. If you have the rice in the fridge, its quick and easy to roll a couple of cones for lunch. Its hard to find the best soy sauce, as most is skinny and weak.

I don't get why japanese people won't make their own sushi. Most shop made sushi I have tried is plain and boring. Mine is strong and pungent.. mmm..

DB

TOTO
28th October 2008, 15:15
best sushi is homemade.. its easy and delicious, and it doesnt really matter what you fill it with. mainly I put veg and cold-smoked salmon in it. If you have the rice in the fridge, its quick and easy to roll a couple of cones for lunch. Its hard to find the best soy sauce, as most is skinny and weak.

I don't get why japanese people won't make their own sushi. Most shop made sushi I have tried is plain and boring. Mine is strong and pungent.. mmm..

DB

Damn I had sushi for lunch but you just made me hungry again :drool:

CookMySock
28th October 2008, 15:30
Damn I had sushi for lunch but you just made me hungry again :drool:haha, sushi for dinner as well then? avocado and smoked salmon filling? Hrm, I wonder if have any sushi rice... thick syrupy soy sauce is in the fridge, pretty sure theres some hot green wasabi there too.. ooh!

sushi session! sushi session! sushi session! sushi session! sushi session! LOL

DB

motorbyclist
29th October 2008, 00:26

there's a legal reason why they don't sell that in shops ya know;)

CookMySock
29th October 2008, 07:09
LOL, HOOSHI cones for lunch!