PDA

View Full Version : Spot the issue

dangerous
28th October 2008, 05:02
Emagine this... Greymouth street race, full noise down the front straight at 160kph, hook 6th and haul on up towards 200k... one pot quits, lose of power, BANG the the roudy thing under my arse stops producing noise the wee stick things with upside down egg cups locks solid... I head towards a dear net fence which is retaining people with a grin on there faces thinking they about to see a cool crash, Im thinking Id move if I was you lot cos this aint gona be prety...

... But no in fact I was exiting the slowest section of the track taps wide open, we drop a pod I think maybe, just maybe it will clear and keep it open for a sec but knowing this engine is a very sweet runner it wont be no fouled pulg... instent lock up, clutch in arm up pull over and lean on the dear neting thinking, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuk it.

So anyone spot the issues in the pics?

Kickaha
28th October 2008, 05:39
Was that the result of the crank spreading?

hayd3n
28th October 2008, 06:21
no beer!!!!!!!!!!!

NighthawkNZ
28th October 2008, 06:54

ummm its not going because its not in the bike....???

must be a bastard try to put that together with all them little pieces... how do you remember where they go??? :doctor:

sinfull
28th October 2008, 07:01
Ummm did you forget to fill in the race entry form ?

Well done stayin upright !

Bren
28th October 2008, 07:28
they look fooked

Cajun
28th October 2008, 07:29
doesn't look healthy

sure it will buff out

MSTRS
28th October 2008, 08:09
Hmmm...lunch!

NighthawkNZ
28th October 2008, 08:19
Now you know what the rattle was... :D

Trudes
28th October 2008, 08:23
Nothing some super glue and cable ties won't fix.:doh:

Static
28th October 2008, 09:45
Nothing some super glue and cable ties won't fix.:doh:

dont be dumb... thats one is gonna need duct tape :p

007XX
28th October 2008, 09:49
dont be dumb... thats one is gonna need duct tape :p

Pfffttt...#8 wire and chewing gum always worked for me.

Frak mate! well done on not breaking more organic matter eh! Hope you get to fix things with minimum of hassle.

Finn
28th October 2008, 09:52
Was it an electrical problem caused by the camshaft going through the distributor?

stanko
28th October 2008, 17:40
Too many layers of polish on the showpony caused a localised black hole that made the engine implode simple really, yes the drugs are very good today.

dangerous
28th October 2008, 18:18
no beer!!!!!!!!!!! dont worry I had pleanty of beer after that.

Was that the result of the crank spreading?
havent got to the nitty gritty yet, but its looking like it... how ever there are signs of the right hand pot running very lean (if crank spread should be left pot)

Too many layers of polish on the showpony caused a localised black hole that made the engine implode simple really, yes the drugs are very good today.
haha... yes I emagine you are making the most of them at the moment, and i did try a extra polish on the tank... but it didnt fix the problem.

As for the rest of yas... haha farking ha :niceone:

roy.nz
28th October 2008, 18:24
That looks pretty fucked ........ must of been a great moment..
:doh:

stify
28th October 2008, 18:43

doh...use the 3m scotch tape on te outside da motor au...and don't atempt any mechanical repairs after too many vino's

Mikkel
29th October 2008, 21:46
Custom lightened pistons - I reckon the reduction of internal intertia will give your bike an edge. Now you just need to do the other piston too :yes:

No damage to the crank? "Just" piston and conrod?

dangerous
30th October 2008, 04:17
No damage to the crank? "Just" piston and conrod?
Cranks not out yet... that will be the deciding factor, barrels damaged but on its origional bore and the heads munted but aperantly thats ok.

JMemonic
30th October 2008, 04:34
Duct tape, cable ties and super glue pfffft, what is really required here is some good old holts piston sealer (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_catalogId_10151_storeId_10001_partNumber_7 15086_langId_-1) if some one has a tube laying around :shutup:

Looks like you have a few busy nights ahead of you, have fun.

Max Preload
30th October 2008, 09:32
Cool jigsaw puzzle! How many pieces in that puppy? :rofl:

no-coast-punk
30th October 2008, 10:47
Looking at those piston skirts makes me think oil starvation.

scumdog
30th October 2008, 17:06

Yes.

It seems YOU didn't do the writing on those sheets your ex-engine is sitting on.:nya:

ManDownUnder
31st October 2008, 16:22
Cool jigsaw puzzle! How many pieces in that puppy? :rofl:

originally? About 7... and now???

dangerous
16th November 2008, 17:46
OK... the issue, well its farked as we have come to understand, but why is this???

a couple of things come to attention, 1st and up most it seems the right hand pot was running very lean, this causing a extreamly hot situation, lean means power, but it also means meltdown.

Now I found the idle jet was blocked, what this means is the idle jet being a size 20 and the main jet being size 220 then all up theres 240 sizes, with 20 left and 20 is a big number then the pot on the right was at 220 whic means rather a lean fule mix than it needs.
I run pre mix so a lack of oil wouldent have been the problem and had I not mixed in the oil then the left pot would have been dry aswell.

Now crank spreading may have been a factor but unlikely, I know the right pot when last checked was at its max tollarance, but its usually only the left side that goes in this case. To much side ways movment can generate a lot of heat starting the failing process, but in the opions I have gained its more likely a lean fuel mix that caused this catestrophic failer... and me new pistons, rings, rebore, gasgets, head repaires and crank over 1g

stanko
16th November 2008, 18:20
and me new pistons, rings, rebore, head repaires and crank over 1g

thats a pretty expensive lesson. Sucess is a poor teacher. Will it be ready for next weekend or u on the two fiddy ?

dangerous
16th November 2008, 18:23
thats a pretty expensive lesson. Sucess is a poor teacher. Will it be ready for next weekend or u on the two fiddy ?

not a shit show... and Ill be at a rally anyway.

scumdog
16th November 2008, 18:30
not a shit show... and Ill be at a rally anyway.

AND mixing with the finest of company I'll have you know....:wari::drinknsin:drinkup::woohoo:

scumdog
16th November 2008, 18:32
and me new pistons, rings, rebore, head repaires and crank over 1g

Naked arse, what is it? - a ferkin Harley???:eek5:

carver
16th November 2008, 18:41
broken con rod?
your pison is fucked, how much of that has spread through the engine?

dangerous
16th November 2008, 19:46
Naked arse, what is it? - a ferkin Harley???:eek5:

no, believe it or not... but a farking stroker.

broken con rod?
your pison is fucked, how much of that has spread through the engine?

the hole lot, and it tends to all end up in the exhaust

carver
16th November 2008, 22:09
no, believe it or not... but a farking stroker.

the hole lot, and it tends to all end up in the exhaust

how did that fail?
over rev?
too high on the compression?
its pretty bad!