PDA

View Full Version : End of Year Ride and BBQ - 21 November 08

bomma
28th October 2008, 12:56
Hey guys n gals,
had one of these at my place last year too to commemorate the end of the university year and to welcome the summer. Im thinking a coro loop starting around 9-9.30ish from uni ending at my place for a barbie. There is plenty of parking space at and around my place for both cars and bikes so if you cant make the ride, you're welcome to come to the barbie.

I will have some saussies and beers but would be helpful if people brought some to share around (maybe stevo could raid the community fridge again ;))

as it is still a little while away, I will update more info as the date nears.

this is an open invite (as it was last time) and does not only apply to SMC'ers so come one, come all :niceone:

0oooh and it would be good if people could let me know if they are coming so can gauge numbers for saussies, beers etc. (and so i can tell my parents we are expecting guests :lol:) PLEASE POLL UP OR PM ME (preferrably the polls)

EDIT

Route to be decided with vote at start of ride

Meeting time is 9am opposite gym a little further up Symonds st, leaving at 9.30 sharp

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 13:06
I'll be there for the ride and the barbi too probably :2thumbsup

shingo
28th October 2008, 13:29
I'm in for the ride and barbi as well.

EJK
28th October 2008, 13:31
Where is the poll for "I'm not comming" :lol:

I was also thinking the similar thing, A BBQ, FIX IT and THE CHILLER all combined together!

BANZAI
28th October 2008, 13:58
Me coming!!! :D

2wheeljunkie
28th October 2008, 14:06
automatic exile if an smc member does not attend.:)

TOTO
28th October 2008, 15:09
Will be keen for all.

Is the date 100% concrete, as I will be needing to pull a sickie for that day if it all goes ahead...?

Nagash
28th October 2008, 15:27
Yeah, if that's the date i'm keen to pull a sickie and come for a ride and a barbie.

Or even riding a barbie?

TOTO
28th October 2008, 16:29
Or even riding a barbie?

I can bet it has wheels - surely we can find a sloped road...

likelihood of that happening is directly proportional on how much have you had to drik i suppose...:innocent:

Nagash
28th October 2008, 16:51
I can bet it has wheels - surely we can find a sloped road...

likelihood of that happening is directly proportional on how much have you had to drik i suppose...:innocent:

Not the kinda barbie I meant :blip:

twinkle
28th October 2008, 16:57
working during the day, see you after the ride :niceone:

rie
28th October 2008, 17:45
I was also thinking the similar thing, A BBQ, FIX IT and THE CHILLER all combined together!

your plan has no riding component. EXILE. @_@

klyong82
28th October 2008, 17:57
Why on a Friday?? Well I wont be able to make it because AUT's having their christmas party there....free good food....a wine and beer muahahaa

TOTO
28th October 2008, 17:59
I'd be more than keen for a saturday ...

PirateJafa
28th October 2008, 18:01
21st of November?

It's a plan. :niceone:

Slyer
28th October 2008, 18:05
I shall get the day off work.

Phurrball
28th October 2008, 18:26
I'll know closer to the time...

Keen for it all - but also keen to have sufficient $ to survive = working on Fridays.:bye:

bomma
28th October 2008, 19:01
yep date's set in stone for those asking

i suppose the only dependant is the ride part which is dependant on the weather but, assuming it's going to be beautiful for us, it's a go on all cylinders at this point in time:niceone:

it's a good chance to meet some of the other club members and kbers in general

EDIT: oh and if you are coming to either the ride or the barbie or both, could you please let me konw via the poll?? it's the best way for me to keep track of numbers and who exactly will be there. will update main post so everyone knows!!!

Frenchy
28th October 2008, 19:16
Would that dozen Heinken you owe me be there?? with interest over the last year you must owe me about 20 dozen!!! So you provide that and it will be my shout :clap:

bomma
28th October 2008, 19:48
Would that dozen Heinken you owe me be there?? with interest over the last year you must owe me about 20 dozen!!! So you provide that and it will be my shout :clap:

funny thing is i have no idea who you are :lol: yep i'll suss out at least a dozen beers and few saussies depending on numbers

hehe but my memory's horrible (and i mean full on "say something to me now and i wont remember in half an hour" bad) only bikers i remember owing beers to is grahameeboy and phurrball and the only reason i remember that's coz graham gave me leather pants that i wear everyday and ross lent me his cycle hehe

i vaguely remember owing someone else some beers but i just cant remember details!! refresh my memory.....maybe knowing your real name would help lol :blink:

klyong82
28th October 2008, 20:18
i vaguely remember owing someone else some beers but i just cant remember details!! refresh my memory.....maybe knowing your real name would help lol :blink:

Now where's the 50" plasma and the 6 bottles of Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir that you owe me? Interest is counting bro.....I aint Mr charity man cos I am in the business of making money.....all your money!
:whistle:

bomma
28th October 2008, 20:24
Now where's the 50" plasma and the 6 bottles of Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir that you owe me? Interest is counting bro.....I aint Mr charity man cos I am in the business of making money.....all your money!
:whistle:

from what i remember kim, we have a legally binding contract wherein you offered to purchase my hornet for 2 dozen bottles of a beer of my choice. an offer which i accepted, stating the preferred beer as (cant remember name) the one which cost an excess of 1000 pounds per bottle......oh ross :devil2:

EDIT: thought it find it here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=74088&page=2) and corrections, the cost of the beer is around 500 pounds per bottle which equates to an excess of $1000NZ per bottle.....so kim, im still waiting for the beers :shifty:

EJK
28th October 2008, 20:47
your plan has no riding component. EXILE. @_@

Oh yeah? Well I don't see your name up on the poll :chase:

TOTO
28th October 2008, 21:02
Hey Nish, are you planning on a Whole hardcore Coro loop or a Half pansy one ?

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:10
If we start early enough I'm keen for the whole loop... Going to a gig that night though so yeah only if we start early!

Slyer
28th October 2008, 21:12
Scenic group anyone?

EJK
28th October 2008, 21:13
Can we please please please please have some time to take some cornering photos? I LOVE to do that! just don't bin and fly towards the camera lads....

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:15
Yep I'm pretty sure we'll have two seperate groups... I'm keen to lead/TEC the slower group for part of the way, then swap with someone.

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:16
Pfft, do it properly and stay on the loop, else if you do the half loop you do more k's going to and fro than actually doing it. If you stay on it, you get to do it at least twice...

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:17
Can we please please please please have some time to take some cornering photos? I LOVE to do that! just don't bin and fly towards the camera lads....

Thats the sorta stupid shit that provokes people riding harder than they can, and results in bikes like yours ending up in a ditch.

EJK
28th October 2008, 21:18
Thats the sorta stupid shit that provokes people riding harder than they can, and results in bikes like yours ending up in a ditch.

I meant I love to be behind the camera :niceone:

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:21
Pfft, do it properly and stay on the loop, else if you do the half loop you do more k's going to and fro than actually doing it. If you stay on it, you get to do it at least twice...

I think he was just meaning 'scenic' as in a slower paced group.

Wow this is the most up front post I've ever seen from you! :doctor: That flu must really be getting to ya :bleh:

bomma
28th October 2008, 21:22
well i guess we can set the exact route a lil later on but right now im thinkin the whole loop with only the required petrol stops and one food stop or we wont make it back till late....i mean if we leave uni at 9.30 and have minimal stops, we should be back around 4.30ish

the thing that usually slows us down is that people get lost or separated and this causes confusion and leads to waiting around.....i dont know why we stopped using the conventional method of 1 leader, 2nd rider stops at any turn offs and waits for tec to go by.....

speaking of which, im keen to lead the slow pack.....will need leader for the other pack and tec's for the two groups....preferrably experienced riders on bigger bikes.....no point sticking banzai as tec coz if anything happens the chances of him catching up on his gn are......nuff said.....sorry to pick on you yui but i was just using you as an example......

oh and banzai sorri i didnt reply before but i was at the gym and didnt get your text till a lil bit later....no i dont have the spare key. me n my bro have the exact same disc lock so we kept a copy of each key with us in case we took the other's lock.....a key which has now been lost by my brother......moral of story: dont lose key or your gn will be transformed into an expensive paper weight

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:23
I meant I love to be behind the camera :niceone:

Shooting pictures of guys taking retarded lines in an attempt at looking cool? :niceone:

bomma
28th October 2008, 21:26
Shooting pictures of guys taking retarded lines in an attempt at looking cool? :niceone:

hey, genghis khan, you coming on the ride or what??:Offtopic:

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:28
Wow this is the most up front post I've ever seen from you! :doctor: That flu must really be getting to ya :bleh:

I've also always wondered why everyone is so keen to be TEC of the 'slow' group...

EJK
28th October 2008, 21:31
I thought it would be nice to have people to have a photo of their own in action. Sertainly not a bin one like me.

Whenever I took those photos and showed to the ones, no one complained.

It was an idea...

bomma
28th October 2008, 21:31
I've also always wondered why everyone is so keen to be TEC of the 'slow' group...

i sometimes volunteer if im not in the mood for a thrash....also is a good opportunity to lag back and work on your own line....i mean you're not exactly going to follow the line of the guy tailing the slow group :baby:

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:37
i sometimes volunteer if im not in the mood for a thrash....also is a good opportunity to lag back and work on your own line....i mean you're not exactly going to follow the line of the guy tailing the slow group :baby:
Shouldn't you always be? Why's it called the 'slow' group though, in my experience they tend to end up ahead of the 'fast' group sooner or later

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:38

:Oi: What's up with you bro! To give a helping hand just like the club president has done many times in the past. Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about what the person behind you is doing too.

bomma
28th October 2008, 21:42
Shouldn't you always be? Why's it called the 'slow' group though, in my experience they tend to end up ahead of the 'fast' group sooner or later

well i use the slow time to learn to pick lines at an easy pace and when im not in slow pack i put it to practice at greater speeds.....

lol i agree with you on the second part though....i remember one ride where i was tec for "fast" pack and a biker i wont name held us back so much that the slow pack (led by you, genghis) caught up.....think that was the ride ehab had his first crash.....:rolleyes:

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 21:42
:Oi: What's up with you bro! To give a helping hand just like the club president has done many times in the past. Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about what the person behind you is doing too.

I'm picking at the 'slow' part, not the tec part :headbang:

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:46
I'm picking at the 'slow' part, not the tec part :headbang:

Oh... :headbang:

Well it's safer to divide the groups into 'slow' and 'fast' based not only on bike cc but greatly experience, than it is to ride in one big group with a mix of speeds, experience, and attitudes :2thumbsup

:hug:

GSXR Trace
28th October 2008, 21:51
hey whats the latest we can let you know? because that is my first week back a work, and so there is possibility that may be able to get friday off, but won't know until during that week probably, is that too late?

Ragingrob
28th October 2008, 21:54
hey whats the latest we can let you know? because that is my first week back a work, and so there is possibility that may be able to get friday off, but won't know until during that week probably, is that too late?

I'm sure you could let him know on the day, a minute before the ride. :scooter:

Slyer
28th October 2008, 22:13
He only needs to know for the food, and I'm sure you can come to the barbie anyway right? :)

Squiggles
28th October 2008, 22:18
Oh... :headbang:

Well it's safer to divide the groups into 'slow' and 'fast' based not only on bike cc but greatly experience, than it is to ride in one big group with a mix of speeds, experience, and attitudes :2thumbsup

:hug:

Of course its safer to divide it up into smaller more managable groups, however theres an interesting wee tale on the experience angle, however much searching has failed to reveal the post to which i refer... I'll have to tell you sometime, its to do with levels of experience and whether you consciously react to things or if you do so subconsciously. Many fall into a trap and ride outside their subconscious abilities and thats when the shit can hit the fan.

I pick at the word slow as the 'slow' group often catches up to the 'fast' group because someone had a booboo :clap:

TOTO
28th October 2008, 22:18
of course she can. girls can go any where, any time. Espessially those that ride flashy mint looking GSX-Rs.

Am I Right Nish ?

Slyer
28th October 2008, 22:31
Yes, and it's pronounced AMIRITE?! :)

rie
28th October 2008, 23:08
I'm sure you could let him know on the day, a minute before the ride. :scooter:

amen, brother.

motorbyclist
29th October 2008, 00:45
i'll be keen - but saturday is preferable

as for groups i'll be doing my own pace regardless - 110 max: get out of my way on the twisties or make sure you get a good lead when you wheelie past at 250kph.

I thought it would be nice to have people to have a photo of their own in action. Sertainly not a bin one like me.

Whenever I took those photos and showed to the ones, no one complained.

It was an idea...

what squigs is saying is that whenever people are showing off for the camera, and they will be, they are prone to pushing too far and fucking up big time. you've done it yourself, heck even i've done it in the past (why i don't do wheelies no more:o)

because the average speed up until the inevitable accident is higher, so bleh:bleh:

having a rough time during exams? or offended at you tractor being considered slow?;)

:corn:

EDIT: and now i see the second page of posts :doh:

Squiggles
29th October 2008, 06:47
having a rough time during exams? or offended at you tractor being considered slow?;)

:corn:

EDIT: and now i see the second page of posts :doh:

nar, i'm cruising, spent a couple of hours in the shed yesterday tearing apart a vtr :2guns:

HungusMaximist
29th October 2008, 08:29
I'll be keen, but be real keen to have Stephen along.

It's been ages since we've gone for a proper ride, time to unleash the orange beast mate.

BANZAI
29th October 2008, 08:39
Wow this is fast growing thread!!

Btw EJ don't forget we gotta take 0-100m Accerelatioon Vids!!! :D

bomma
29th October 2008, 08:58
lol i love the smc!! :lol:

hey yea trace, you are welcome to just rock up as im sure having one extra bike and stomach to feed won't be too much of an issue!!

and i agree with andrew, if you're gonna be doing dumb shit then please do it when nobody's around so the only person you hurt is yourself....and also i'll make this clear again on the day but "Slow" and "Fast" classifications don't refer to speed (mostly)...they are more for experience and confidence.....learners have in the past thought they were "Fast" like fast eddie, often leading to crashes or the "slow around corners and gunning it on straights" syndrome which is the most fucking annoying thing ever.....do yourself and others a favour and think more deeply than "ooooh i like going fast" :niceone:

klyong82
29th October 2008, 10:42
from what i remember kim, we have a legally binding contract wherein you offered to purchase my hornet for 2 dozen bottles of a beer of my choice. an offer which i accepted, stating the preferred beer as (cant remember name) the one which cost an excess of 1000 pounds per bottle......oh ross :devil2:

EDIT: thought it find it here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=74088&page=2) and corrections, the cost of the beer is around 500 pounds per bottle which equates to an excess of $1000NZ per bottle.....so kim, im still waiting for the beers :shifty:

Yes I remembered that offer and I am still up for the offer. I have the beer stocked in my secret bunker cool room. Only problem is it is sitting there brand spanking new appreciating in its value as time goes but your Hornet has since done a few thousand km's and got more stone chips than originally so I think it does not reflect the true fair value of our initial offer and acceptance contract. :shutup:

I'll be keen, but be real keen to have Stephen along.

It's been ages since we've gone for a proper ride, time to unleash the orange beast mate.

Just checked I might be able to go this ride (i think i might be sick that day)....I bet that orange bike is still running on a cyclinder. Strange but I see Stevo riding around on the Rd than his TL....:shit:

GSXR Trace
29th October 2008, 11:07
He only needs to know for the food, and I'm sure you can come to the barbie anyway right? :)

sweet as, yep if i have to work i will be done by 5 at the latest, so should be able to make it

of course she can. girls can go any where, any time. Espessially those that ride flashy mint looking GSX-Rs.

Damn straight girls can go anywhere any time! :wari:

hey yea trace, you are welcome to just rock up as im sure having one extra bike and stomach to feed won't be too much of an issue!!

sweet thanks man! but am hoping to be able to come on the full coro - as totally keen to ride the whole loop, and sounds like its going to be a big group!

good luck with exams everyone!

motorbyclist
29th October 2008, 13:56
nar, i'm cruising, spent a couple of hours in the shed yesterday tearing apart a vtr :2guns:

and you didn't call me?!

(btw, from what i've done the vtr is a pretty easy bike to work on. just gotta think honda (makes sense) rather than suzuki (convoluted legacy designs):bleh:

(protip: radiators should hinge out of way)

motorbyclist
29th October 2008, 14:13
Wow this is fast growing thread!!

Btw EJ don't forget we gotta take 0-100m Accerelatioon Vids!!! :D

now, keeping in mind what we've said earlier here and in other threads, there isn't much to go wrong here provided we do it with traffic in mind and technically won't be speeding or racing.

i will be bringing my helmet cam btw

Frenchy
29th October 2008, 17:06
funny thing is i have no idea who you are :lol: yep i'll suss out at least a dozen beers and few saussies depending on numbers

hehe but my memory's horrible (and i mean full on "say something to me now and i wont remember in half an hour" bad) only bikers i remember owing beers to is grahameeboy and phurrball and the only reason i remember that's coz graham gave me leather pants that i wear everyday and ross lent me his cycle hehe

O Shit i just checked out your profile and your not even who i thought you were!! Now i could of said nothing and just turned up and drunk your beer and made up some story but would of felt a little guilty :crazy:

bomma
29th October 2008, 17:13
O Shit i just checked out your profile and your not even who i thought you were!! Now i could of said nothing and just turned up and drunk your beer and made up some story but would of felt a little guilty :crazy:

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's awesome mate!!! ive been racking my brain since you posted tryna figure out who you were!!! :2thumbsup :lol: good entertainment when you're sitting in front of a computer with a never-ending supply of lectures to memorise :wacko: (and they tell you not to rote learn:oi-grr:)

well like ive said, you are more than welcome to come on the ride and/or barbie!! if i didnt want randoms to turn up i wouldn't have posted an open invite :niceone:

ill be pming my addy to those who wish to come to just the barbie closer to the date

Blakomen
29th October 2008, 20:39
I wanna come, but the last time I tried coro loop was epic fail :pinch:

and yeah, "we'll go 100 max"...>.> yeah right :P

do you have a maybe answer? or an automatic-corner-machine?! and yea i normally work on fridays. not that it matters since nobody knows who i am (apart from maybe banzai/squiggles), so dont go changing everythin now

BANZAI
29th October 2008, 22:21
I wanna come, but the last time I tried coro loop was epic fail :pinch:

and yeah, "we'll go 100 max"...>.> yeah right :P

do you have a maybe answer? or an automatic-corner-machine?! and yea i normally work on fridays. not that it matters since nobody knows who i am (apart from maybe banzai/squiggles), so dont go changing everythin now

Um slyers coming to ride as well right?

If you have changed your tyre by then (and possibly handle bar :p) then you could possibly come with us. I'll be in slow bunch, I don't mind TEC coz I can't take corner that fast but want to gun the thing on straight :p (It does go up to 130 remember!! :bleh:)

But then it's just my nooby opinion, probly every other senior member say nha stay off with it, get another 5000kms with you etcetc...

Do come to SH16 with us sometime at least like 3times before the ride, then you might be able to LOL

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 00:47
uh, point of TEC is to pick up those who bin - ie not a newbie ;)

Ragingrob
30th October 2008, 13:13
I'm fine to be at the rear for the first couple hundred k's or so. I enjoy to cruise the road up to coromandel taking in the scenery etc!

bomma
30th October 2008, 13:56
I'm fine to be at the rear for the first couple hundred k's or so. I enjoy to cruise the road up to coromandel taking in the scenery etc!

should go tec for fast group (before banzai volunteers :lol:) it's a great opportunity to have a blat without having idiots bum jamming you tryna egg you to go faster or going through a corner and finding an fxr150 doing 50 through that nice little sweeper.....mostly why the slow group eventually catch up :doh:

Ragingrob
30th October 2008, 14:05
should go tec for fast group (before banzai volunteers :lol:) it's a great opportunity to have a blat without having idiots bum jamming you tryna egg you to go faster or going through a corner and finding an fxr150 doing 50 through that nice little sweeper.....mostly why the slow group eventually catch up :doh:

Could be a plan :clap:

Whatever works!

BANZAI
30th October 2008, 14:08
LOL I see, I thought I could go nuts on straight if I am the last one in group hahaha

TOTO
30th October 2008, 14:23
there aint no skill in going fast in a straight line Yui...

Master the cornering, the speed will come by itself later...

bomma
30th October 2008, 14:42
there aint no skill in going fast in a straight line Yui...

there is if you're riding a gn250!! :shifty: fast and gn's are mutually exclusive words :lol: unless you're riding twinkle's beast, that's a different story:Punk:

GSXR Trace
30th October 2008, 15:50
ok, dunno if i want to come now, because i have a few years riding under my belt, and feel confident riding the corners - but all this talk about fast and slow groups - i would have initially opted for the fast group as consider i can ride well enough to do so, but don't want to be the one that is slightly slower and holds the last rider up, and also don't want to be sitting with the learners in the slow group (no offence, because i have been there and had to learn to keep up with my dad on his ZZR pretty damn fast) :no:

Nagash
30th October 2008, 16:10
ok, dunno if i want to come now, because i have a few years riding under my belt, and feel confident riding the corners - but all this talk about fast and slow groups - i would have initially opted for the fast group as consider i can ride well enough to do so, but don't want to be the one that is slightly slower and holds the last rider up, and also don't want to be sitting with the learners in the slow group (no offence, because i have been there and had to learn to keep up with my dad on his ZZR pretty damn fast) :no:

Haha, you're taking these guys bollocks far too seriously.

Fast group and slow group is utter crock, it really should just be called gorup 1 and group 2. Splitting it into two groups for larger numbers is just an easier way to keep track of numbers and speeds up the whole ride by instead of waiting for say, 20 riders to hit the meet point. You only have to wait for 10.

If you go in the fast group, you won't be holding anyone up. Nor will anyone care. If there's somebody who you think's faster then you behind you, then just pull over and give him the flick with your hand to go past.

If you go in the slow group, you can go as fast as you want, just make sure you know where the next meet point is.

Essentially both groups will probably be sticking together, the faster of the 'slow group' will keep up with the slower of the 'fast group' and everyone will meet up anyway.

Okay.. after riding all my tripe seems i've taken it too seriously too, but anyway, t'is all good. It's a social ride, ride your own ride and all that.

bomma
30th October 2008, 16:20
you've got a bike that has 350cc more than required to be in the fast group!! :niceone:

lol agree with nagash though, we are all just talking shit trying to scare the little ones :devil2: it's like when parents tell kids about the boogieman to get them to stay in bed instead of wandering about the whole night and then being tired all day, eventually creating a pattern of self-destruction for the parents wherein they will be kept awake by the little monster all night and then need to work all day to make money and please their bosses......little bastards!! why the hell dont they just stay in bed like they're told to?!?! cause problems for everyone!! i mean is it really that hard!?!?!? annoying little brats....:oi-grr:

hope that clears everything up :)

GSXR Trace
30th October 2008, 16:27
how the hell are us newbees meant to know when you people are serious or talking shit? :innocent: im a confident rider til i get around you lot talking shit

Nagash
30th October 2008, 16:29
Oh, and to add.

I'll be electing to go in the 'fast group' and i'll be riding a 250cc 10 year old bright yellow cruiser that max's out at 130km/hs and takes for ever and a day to get there.

And what bitches?! I'll waste you on the corners G, if you're not scraping the exhaust on the coro loop you're not trying hard enough..

klyong82
30th October 2008, 16:30

Dont worry about the groups....I doubt any of us are that fast plus SMC's riders tend to have stops every 5 mins to regroup :msn-wink: You will be fine most riders will be riding between 100-110 max.

TOTO
30th October 2008, 16:32
how the hell are us newbees meant to know when you people are serious or talking shit? :innocent: im a confident rider til i get around you lot talking shit

you will get used to is soon enough...

Oh, and to add.

I'll be electing to go in the 'fast group' and i'll be riding a 250cc 10 year old bright yellow cruiser that max's out at 130km/hs and takes for ever and a day to get there.

And what bitches?! I'll waste you on the corners G, if you're not scraping the exhaust on the coro loop you're not trying hard enough..

LOL it works for you that scraping stuff.

If I be scraping exhaust, something has gone horibly wrong :nono:

Squiggles
30th October 2008, 16:32
Can we stop calling it fast, most of you are slow anyway :lol:
Call it lead and tail, or 1 and 2... When i run them you get 1, and you get 2, 2 does usually contain me and the newer riders... we go at a more cruisy pace (that all are comfortable with, we increase the pace if they're happy to), if someone in 2 wants to venture out they go ahead of me (We all know where we are heading, so nobody gets lost), and they'll find group 1... likewise if someone from 1 drops off from the pace, they wont be forgotten, they'll end up in 2

Everybody's happy :)

TOTO
30th October 2008, 16:38
Call it lead and tail, or 1 and 2... When i run them you get 1, and you get 2, 2 does usually contain me and the newer riders... we go at a more cruisy pace (that all are comfortable with, we increase the pace if they're happy to), if someone in 2 wants to venture out they go ahead of me (We all know where we are heading, so nobody gets lost), and they'll find group 1... likewise if someone from 1 drops off from the pace, they wont be forgotten, they'll end up in 2

Everybody's happy :)

The words of wisdom :yes:

bomma
30th October 2008, 16:39
just another note, ive noticed in some of the other rides that riders near the front of a pack often just pull over for no apparent reason, usually to wait for a particular person to catch up or what not.....can we please NOT do this on this ride??

not only does it waste a shitload of time, it also causes confusion for the other riders who don't know whether the person pulled over is in trouble or is the lead rider or wtf to do.....if you're going to pull over for a stupid reason or want to ride with someone then wait for a group stop and take off together....if you have a cramp or are genuinely in trouble, then pull over as soon as it is safe to do so and either wave the others on or flag them down if needed :niceone:

bomma
30th October 2008, 16:41

them's fightin words :girlfight:

twinkle
30th October 2008, 17:04
Call it lead and tail, or 1 and 2...
or 'more likely to crash' and 'less likely to crash' :eek::chase:

Phurrball
30th October 2008, 17:21
just another note, ive noticed in some of the other rides that riders near the front of a pack often just pull over for no apparent reason, usually to wait for a particular person to catch up or what not.....can we please NOT do this on this ride??

[words about gammyness of said random pulling over]:niceone:

Agreed hand signals at start of ride?

"I'm fine"
"I need to go poos"
"My bike is FUBAR"
"I want my mummy"
etc...

Nagash
30th October 2008, 17:31
Agreed hand signals at start of ride?

"I'm fine"
"I need to go poos"
"My bike is FUBAR"
"I want my mummy"
etc...

Something like this..?

Ragingrob
30th October 2008, 17:52
Yep main slogan is "Ride at your own pace"... If someone behind wants to go faster then they can pass ya, if someone behind wants to go slower then they can go slower. If someone's riding like an idiot then they can be sent home :clap:

Grahameeboy
30th October 2008, 18:03
Hey guys n gals,
had one of these at my place last year too to commemorate the end of the university year and to welcome the summer. Im thinking a coro loop starting around 9-9.30ish from uni ending at my place for a barbie. There is plenty of parking space at and around my place for both cars and bikes so if you cant make the ride, you're welcome to come to the barbie.

I will have some saussies and beers but would be helpful if people brought some to share around (maybe stevo could raid the community fridge again ;))

as it is still a little while away, I will update more info as the date nears.

this is an open invite (as it was last time) and does not only apply to SMC'ers so come one, come all :niceone:

0oooh and it would be good if people could let me know if they are coming so can gauge numbers for saussies, beers etc. (and so i can tell my parents we are expecting guests :lol:) PLEASE POLL UP OR PM ME (preferrably the polls)

Hum....non students work on weekday...Saturday, Saturday....please

bomma
30th October 2008, 18:10
Hum....non students work on weekday...Saturday, Saturday....please

i was thinkin about it but a couple of my really good mates are leaving for oz on saturday so im gonna be helping em with last minute packing and will be their ride to the airport so yea ;)

can meet em at the barbie if ya come along mate, bring nat if she's keen too. more the merrier :banana:

GSXR Trace
30th October 2008, 18:58
right well i will try to get the day off work, just wasn't sure from the tone of the thread whether it was ok with everyone, but now appears you are all far more relaxed than it came across
Good luck with exams, and see you afterwards hopefully :niceone:

Ragingrob
30th October 2008, 19:14
right well i will try to get the day off work, just wasn't sure from the tone of the thread whether it was ok with everyone, but now appears you are all far more relaxed than it came across
Good luck with exams, and see you afterwards hopefully :niceone:

Lol yeah honestly! We're definitely not the Serious Motorcycle Club!

On a group ride some people say that you should just ride by yourself and then it's just great that when ya stop all your mates are there. But you shouldn't exactly be "riding with your mates".

Patar
30th October 2008, 20:39
On a group ride some people say that you should just ride by yourself and then it's just great that when ya stop all your mates are there. But you shouldn't exactly be "riding with your mates".

I reckon for inexperienced riders it can be good to follow a more experienced person to show them lines and also entrance speeds (given that the experienced person knows that the newbie is following and rides accordingly).
It gives the newbie a bit more confidence when approaching the corner because they can be sure that the corner can easily be done at that speed (given of course still that the lead person is riding appropriately).

That said, for a long ride like the coro loop I would think it best that everyone can judge their own entrance speeds and be comfortable doing so and not relying on the person in front, again the story of riding your own ride.

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 22:28
LOL I see, I thought I could go nuts on straight if I am the last one in group hahaha

uh, but then you'd be passing the people you're meant to be following wouldn't you?

just bugger the groups and ride between them. tis a pain in the ass when the guy in front is too slow to sit behind yet too fast to safely pass, and is so focussed on keeping his pace he forgets it isn't a race and should just let ya through (if he knows you're there)

i'm sure the gixxer will keep up with the riffer - only actual ride it's been on was that short ride to piha so i'm still learning how it behaves

come to the chillar!

That said, for a long ride like the coro loop I would think it best that everyone can judge their own entrance speeds and be comfortable doing so and not relying on the person in front, again the story of riding your own ride.

seriously, if your aren't yet capable of judging the line and entry speed for a corner you shouldn't be racing around coro loop - or any loop for that matter until you're confident and competent to ride on your own

GSXR Trace
31st October 2008, 10:53
sweet as, i am more than comfortable at being able to judge my own entry speeds and lines etc, but am still taking it a little easy on my bike, as still relatively new, and so may take it a little easier than one may expect.
But i am more than confident that with my own ability, when relaxed and enjoying it (not worrying about whether im fast enough) i ride better and will keep up

so hope to see you on the ride - but until after 10th November, that is my last post, as i am procrastinating from studying by being on the internet too much! :angry:stupid exams!

Hanne
31st October 2008, 13:17
but until after 10th November, that is my last post, as i am procrastinating from studying by being on the internet too much! :angry:stupid exams!

Haha that sounds oh-so-familiar!
I have been sitting her meaning to study for, oh, almost an hour ><

Hmm, might have a functional bike for this ride.Might not.
Might pillion.
So many choices....
(any spare hondas need a thrashing?? Don't think the GN would make even it to the tip top corner atm!!!)

klyong82
31st October 2008, 17:08
(any spare hondas need a thrashing?? Don't think the GN would make even it to the tip top corner atm!!!)

I dont think you can even handle a Honda Hanne.....you blew up the kawasaki, the DR aint operational...GN does not move too well either......do you even know how to ride?:eek:

bomma
31st October 2008, 21:49
I dont think you can even handle a Honda Hanne.....you blew up the kawasaki, the DR aint operational...GN does not move too well either......do you even know how to ride?:eek:

:corn::corn::corn::corn:

Slyer
31st October 2008, 21:54
I think that's par for being Squiggles' Mrs!

swee
6th November 2008, 23:26
sorry, whats a TEC?

have my new bike arriving on the 10th, so will be keen to go for a ride, in group ummm 2 :shifty:

Ragingrob
6th November 2008, 23:28
sorry, whats a TEC?

have my new bike arriving on the 10th, so will be keen to go for a ride, in group ummm 2 :shifty:

Tail End Charlie... Just brings up the rear and makes sure everything and everyone is all good... Stops for anyone who has a problem and all.

Mint dude what ya getting!

Hanne
7th November 2008, 14:38

Now Kim, that is not ENTIRELY true!

The DR does quite good wheelies. It just has no brakes.

No comment on the other two.

And I have only broken my leg once in two-wheel related activities!

PirateJafa
7th November 2008, 21:25
And run over your own foot. :whistle:

twinkle
8th November 2008, 08:21
And I have only broken my leg once in two wheel related activities!

I heard about the scooter, what happened the other time?:bleh:

klyong82
8th November 2008, 08:28
I heard Hanne was just sitting on a bare motorbike frame from stevo's shed and mysteriously fell and broke a bone in her legs...reports seems to suspect foreplay may have been the caused :dodge:

bigfoot
8th November 2008, 08:56
I am in ! Probably be my last ride with you guys as an SMCer:... time to graduate ! woohoo:.

bomma
9th November 2008, 10:28
And run over your own foot. :whistle:

and there was that time when you were taking madison off the centre stand and forgot to take the side stand off.....looked painful when madison crushed your toes :gob:

p.s. so after a little abusing of power at the last chiller i would recommend everyone read the first post VERY CAREFULLY!!! suffice to say that it wasnt me who included that little comment <_<

motorbyclist
10th November 2008, 16:07
:clap: good to see the mods missed a bit of my handiwork here and there

PirateJafa
10th November 2008, 16:26
:clap: good to see the mods missed a bit of my handiwork here and there

Heck, we need some record of our infractions eh?

ital916
10th November 2008, 21:50
Hey nish, I will be there for the barbie but am workin all day so can't make the ride. I'll bring some brews and some meat too.

Ragingrob
10th November 2008, 21:56
What!!! Get work... off!!!!

TOTO
10th November 2008, 23:02
+1 on the work off thing.

I have already applied for leave so I can go to a "very important conference" on friday 21st...:yes:

PirateJafa
10th November 2008, 23:16
Grow a pair and either use some leave or take a sickie Dushy. :P

ital916
11th November 2008, 07:30
I start full time work on the 20th, so no I can't take a sicky the day after. Ill be at the barbecue, you all have fun on the ride, take lots of photos.

Ragingrob
11th November 2008, 07:48
Why start full time work on a thursday! Just wait till the next monday.

klyong82
11th November 2008, 09:33
I'll try to apply for off day been the reason for my professional development :rolleyes:

bomma
11th November 2008, 09:43
hehe hey dushi sweet azz mate ive been in teh same position as you before but for BDO back when metallica played....had just started at the job and didnt want to pull a sickie so had to give my ticket away :crybaby:

oh btw in future it's probably best not to publicly advertise that you are pulling a sickie in order to go on a ride....you never know what part of the interweb your bosses might be surfing :doh:

bomma
13th November 2008, 09:54
so i see that kyle, ehab, dan and a few others have not signed up although i know they are coming!!! you don't want to make me angry, you wont like me when im angry

**tries to rip shirt, eyes dont go green, realises he's not the hulk and, with everyone watching his pathetic shrieks and attempts at ripping shirt, he quietly sits down and sobs.....why couldn't he be the hulk**

Phurrball
13th November 2008, 10:44
If it is the 21st, that would be a Friday - and I'm too damned poor not to go to work, soz.

I should be able to make it to any after-match function though?

Slyer
14th November 2008, 15:05
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1809761#post1809761

bomma
14th November 2008, 19:42
ffs......<_<

TOTO
14th November 2008, 23:44
should be finished by the time we get there, we just gotta watch it on the new surface as sometimes the kindly forget to sweep it after resealing it. I'll be there no matter what :niceone:

as long as we keep the speeds reasonable, gsxr's should stay upright I reacon ;)

P.s I wanna be TEC for group 1, can I please , please please.

bomma
15th November 2008, 09:23
i was thinkin bout it and last time i was there they had just finished works over the kopu hills or whatever so how bout instead of doin the coro we head to whangamata then down to tauranga, paeroa etc.?? thoughts?? id rather avoid roadworks and unexpected patches of gravel if i can :P

Ragingrob
15th November 2008, 14:33
From what I hear, Toto may hit the coro on thursday as well and check it out for us :niceone:

GSXR Trace
15th November 2008, 16:57
as long as we keep the speeds reasonable, gsxr's should stay upright I reacon ;)

single us out why don't you!!! just because there are a swarm of hornets doesn't mean you have to pick on us :crybaby:

anyway, don't know if ill be coming yet, as haven't started work. will let you know before friday

Nagash
15th November 2008, 18:43
Seems i'm out for this one unfortunately..

The mighty rebel's has got itself into abit of a state, i.e. The chain managed to rip off every tooth of the sprocket to near enough bald..

Anyone got a spare bike? Haha.

TOTO
15th November 2008, 22:56
Anyone got a spare bike? Haha.

maybe :rolleyes:

motorbyclist
16th November 2008, 00:35
just tighten the chain right up and use it like a belt drive:D

DUCATI*HARD
16th November 2008, 08:43
:stoogie::doobey::eek::chase::scooter::spanking::d evil2::bleh::niceone::msn-wink::chase:

Nagash
16th November 2008, 09:14
just tighten the chain right up and use it like a belt drive:D

Haha, that's what I did to get home from Kaiawa!

Got home to notice a somewhat major problem that could of seen me in a whole world of hurt..

The bolt that goes through the rear tyre (Holding it to the frame), well the nut has unscrewed and jumped ship somewhere on the ride back and the bolt was a good... 1cm from coming out when I noticed it at home. That gave me a wee bit of a fright.

So much for side-of-the-road bodge job aye?

And Todd, if you're serious I may well take you up on that offer.. Promise i'll be good :eek:

[EDIT] Wild West Honda offers courtesy bikes! I may not need to a borrow bike.. if all turns out well i'll be taking back all negativety I may have said about Wild West. Even though i've never complained about their workshop.. just their ability to order in parts.

motorbyclist
16th November 2008, 10:38
you have a bolt throught your tyre?!

lol this must be the 3rd SMCer this year to forget to tighten their axle nut

Nagash
16th November 2008, 10:54
you have a bolt throught your tyre?!

lol this must be the 3rd SMCer this year to forget to tighten their axle nut

Couldn't think of the right term at the time :clap:

And 2 things,

1 - I'm not an SMCer. Just hang around you guys too much >.>

2 - I did tighten it, but because I just sorta tightened the chain as tight as it would go, it ended up being uneven which caused the nut to grind and then unscrew itself.

That's my defence at my stupidity! It was the bike! Eat the bike!

EJK
16th November 2008, 15:12
Wait, it's Friday? Oh fuck... I got work...

PirateJafa
16th November 2008, 16:49
No, you've got a cold.

*nudge nudge*

Jahdafario
16th November 2008, 20:46
i am so fucking there! yoooo!

BANZAI
17th November 2008, 02:30
Hey what time are we meeting at where? We can't use Uni gym anymore, maybe eng building???

portokiwi
17th November 2008, 08:03
If you are free we are having a BBQ the next night at our place. All KBers are welcome.
the is for Gabby who has been in New Zealand for one whole year.
BYO. its on the calender if interested let me know.
Will have the sports on inside for the leauge fans. and those that are still there in the morning the rugby lol

Ragingrob
17th November 2008, 13:44
Looking forward to this, better confirm a meeting/leaving time so we can all get sorted. I'll meet you guys at Autobahn I'd say, at whatever time you leave uni + 20mins.

BANZAI
17th November 2008, 13:52
Yea we need meeting place and time, what's Nish doing? Does he still have exam?

portokiwi
17th November 2008, 13:53
Wish I could go. but I am working.:bye: Have fun guys.

Ragingrob
17th November 2008, 13:57
Yea we need meeting place and time, what's Nish doing? Does he still have exam?

Nope dunno what he's up to. Original post says meeting prob 9 or 930 so I guess whatever suits everyone.

TOTO
17th November 2008, 15:08
My summer school started today, and I have found out I have lectures on friday morning. This means I wont be meeting you guys the gym , but rather meet you on the coro loop :niceone:

ital916
17th November 2008, 15:40
umm turns out I got a 21st on friday so will show up to the bbq but can't stay, anychance someone can um pick me up out of the gutter in the morning and drop me at maccers for some brekkie :niceone:

bomma
17th November 2008, 15:41
hey guys ill update the first post when we decide on a time but right now im thinkin 9am meet, 9.30 take off from uni (as 9am is quite early for students on a break ;)) head to autobahn for fuel up and meet any chuck norris look alikes, and then go riding.....

currently, due to construction work or whatever, the route has changed from coro loop to half coro, down to whangamata, tauranga, paeroa then back up mway.....all suggestions are welcome, very open minded and just wanna ride :niceone:

meeting place can be opposite eng building i guess, it's just a lil further up the road, opposite the gym....hows that sound??

ital916
17th November 2008, 16:13
SCRATCH THAT! no 21st so I'll be at the bbq, hey nish whats your addy, pm me breh, Ill bring saussies and booze, I apologise in advance for any drunk and disordely behaviour. Town after?..keen.

TOTO
17th November 2008, 16:17
I'll have me camera with me too just for you Dushi - "yes officer , it was that guy with the blue bike"...:niceone:

Ragingrob
17th November 2008, 18:26
hey guys ill update the first post when we decide on a time but right now im thinkin 9am meet, 9.30 take off from uni (as 9am is quite early for students on a break ;)) head to autobahn for fuel up and meet any chuck norris look alikes, and then go riding.....

currently, due to construction work or whatever, the route has changed from coro loop to half coro, down to whangamata, tauranga, paeroa then back up mway.....all suggestions are welcome, very open minded and just wanna ride :niceone:

meeting place can be opposite eng building i guess, it's just a lil further up the road, opposite the gym....hows that sound??

Apparently the road works aren't as bad as first made out. And someone's heading to Whitianga tomo so they're gonna update this thread http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=86184&page=2&highlight=coromandel

I'd rather do the top half than the bottom me thinks :bleh:, gotta looove the coastal road up to Coromandel.

motorbyclist
17th November 2008, 20:04

engineering is directly opposite the gym

architecture is further up the hill:spanking:

bomma
17th November 2008, 20:18
engineering is directly opposite the gym

architecture is further up the hill:spanking:

i apologise to the architects :bleh::laugh:

klyong82
18th November 2008, 08:23
The weather on Friday is set to be perfect so I think it is going to be a stunning ride...

edit: once again no Stevo on this ride

motorbyclist
18th November 2008, 15:36
yeah well that would entail him actually riding the TL, rather than just fixing it

Ragingrob
18th November 2008, 20:52
Just got back from the dentists in Whitianga and here's the latest update.

Coro Hill - Same as last Friday - full width reseal for about 150 metres at the bottom of the hill on the western side. No attempt to clean up the loose metal yet. That's the only resealing on the hill itself.

Castle Rock cafe to Matarangi. Only the odd spot of patch sealing, nothing to worry about although there is the odd spot of loose chip on corners.

Matarangi - about 3 km of full width reseal with deep chips. Probably done yesterday. Don't know when it will get swept.

Kuatunu - about 1 km of full width reseal with deep chips. Only laid this afternoon and still working on it.

The roading gangs are clearly working clockwise towards Whitianga.

10charssss

PirateJafa
18th November 2008, 21:01
Meh.

I don't think there's many nubs on this ride bar Banzai, so what's the big fuss?

Ride to the conditions and your skills, and with the knowledge that there ARE roadworks on the loop.

Game on IMO. :niceone:

BANZAI
18th November 2008, 21:50
Meh.

I don't think there's many nubs on this ride bar Banzai, so what's the big fuss?

Ride to the conditions and your skills, and with the knowledge that there ARE roadworks on the loop.

Game on IMO. :niceone:

Sam's coming too :bleh:

And I'm asking Swee to come along with his new ride :)

motorbyclist
18th November 2008, 22:28
but stones and stone chips!:baby:

BANZAI
18th November 2008, 22:33
Hey, can we have exact route on google map?????

motorbyclist
18th November 2008, 22:38
what difference does it make?

we're all going to get lost anyway :clap:

Ragingrob
18th November 2008, 22:39
Don't think Nish has confirmed which way we're heading yet. I'm keen for the usual up west coast across to Whitianga down to Tairua and back over Kopu, but maybe we're gonna head to Whanga then Paeroa and back up.

PirateJafa
18th November 2008, 23:40
If we're going around the Coro, we'll do it anti-clockwise.

Clockwise is just silly.

klyong82
19th November 2008, 07:40
anti-clockwise would be more challenging....

racefactory
19th November 2008, 09:57
Alright so how much V4 FORCE will be there?

4, 5 bikes? Let's see- pirate jaffer, me, motorbyclist, joelost- damn it this ride still needs more V4 power.

Slyer
19th November 2008, 10:09
Kiwibiker ban FAIL

racefactory
19th November 2008, 10:14
Kiwibiker ban FAIL

:Offtopic:

bomma
19th November 2008, 10:34
here are details - will update first post with em

Meeting time is 9am opposite gym a little further up Symonds st, leaving at 9.30 sharp

see you guys there :niceone:

GSXR Trace
19th November 2008, 10:59
Don't think im going to be able to make this one boys, as too much work to be done. but if i happen to get through enough today and tomorrow and happen to turn up at the start of ride, well you will have an extra tag along!

Ragingrob
19th November 2008, 12:49
Alright so how much V4 FORCE will be there?

4, 5 bikes? Let's see- pirate jaffer, me, motorbyclist, joelost- damn it this ride still needs more V4 power.

Moi aussi.

Ragingrob
19th November 2008, 12:50
here are details - will update first post with em

see you guys there :niceone:

Sweet so like 10am Autobahn yeah?

racefactory
19th November 2008, 15:20
Moi aussi.

Excellent, 6 V4's- that's getting better.

A good representation of the ''V4 moar powar crew'' :yes:

PirateJafa
19th November 2008, 17:39
Excellent, 6 V4's- that's getting better.

A good representation of the ''V4 moar powar crew'' :yes:
I only count five? :P

racefactory
19th November 2008, 21:03
I'm being optimistic here mate, come on.

bikerboy011
19th November 2008, 21:25
Am coming to the ride and maybe to the bbq.

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 12:36
Yeah, if that's the date i'm keen to pull a sickie and come for a ride and a barbie.

Or even riding a barbie?

lol careful leaving that on a forum :)

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 12:37
If we're going around the Coro, we'll do it anti-clockwise.

Clockwise is just silly.

agree,
lunch time cup'o'tui at coroglenn, not late avo

EJK
20th November 2008, 12:42
Have fun </10char>

bigfoot
20th November 2008, 13:11
Assessing the extent of the financial damage here to a very very broke student. Can anyone help me out by telling me how many kms approximately the whole loop is ? How many 18l tanks are we talkin here ? Any numbers welcome, I will do the math and then figure out how many banks to hold up before 4.30pm. Shit theyre about to close soon ! Hit me up people !

klyong82
20th November 2008, 13:27
Assessing the extent of the financial damage here to a very very broke student. Can anyone help me out by telling me how many kms approximately the whole loop is ? How many 18l tanks are we talkin here ? Any numbers welcome, I will do the math and then figure out how many banks to hold up before 4.30pm. Shit theyre about to close soon ! Hit me up people !

About 500-600km's? We might be conserving fuel since Nish reckon we will be riding SH1 till the turn-off to Thames. But $100 would be a good amount to have.

bomma
20th November 2008, 14:32
tbh ive done the coro on about $35 + food but i had a near full tank to begin with....as petrol prices have dropped, unless you're revving the balls off your bike, you shouldn't need more than $50-$60 for petrol and another $10 or whatever on food.....

Nagash
20th November 2008, 16:10
Well, as it turns out it would seem i'm both out of the ride and the barbeque.

Bugger.

Sgtjackass
20th November 2008, 19:09
could sumone text/pm the address of the barbie (0274162380). mite be able to make it afta work, id love to take the coro loop but work has conned me out of good times.

bomma
20th November 2008, 19:34
could sumone text/pm the address of the barbie (0274162380). mite be able to make it afta work, id love to take the coro loop but work has conned me out of good times.

will be sending pms out tonight to those on the "attending barbie only" list:woohoo: and you sarge :niceone:

Slyer
20th November 2008, 19:54
Send to me too, I'm not coming to the ride anymore

Sgtjackass
20th November 2008, 20:09
cherz bud.

motorbyclist
20th November 2008, 22:03
shit i suppose i'd better reassemble the riffer then!

trust me to disassemble my bike the afternoon before a big ride, and then go watch TV for a few hours before trolling KB:rolleyes:

PirateJafa
20th November 2008, 22:09
Should head out east to mine then Andrew and help me bash up some more camera mounts. ;)

Chrislost
20th November 2008, 22:10
man, i recon ill mett you guys at the pub...

dont think i can handle the pace for a SMC ride

id love to come along though!

motorbyclist
20th November 2008, 22:28
Should head out east to mine then Andrew and help me bash up some more camera mounts. ;)

considering my ready supply of tools, aluminium, bog and now some carbon-fibre reinforced repair/filler epoxy stuff that i bought today, perhaps it is you that should come to my place ;)

edit: might put up a review of this stuff - i'm tempted to shape it into a dogbone sample and perform a tensile test at uni to see how it stacks up against the plastic i'm trying to repair with it cause i'm pretty sure it's stronger

Slyer
20th November 2008, 22:38
Any recommendations for large amounts of gpx fairing missing? :D

motorbyclist
20th November 2008, 22:41
in your case you just need bog - and lots of it

a fibregalss repair kit might help too

BANZAI
20th November 2008, 23:46
Just done cleaning entire my rear section and chain tightening at trademe900s place :D

Took us whole evening todo and I just got back.

Everything on GN seems to work perfectly and now I'm ready for it :yes:

So am I the only 250 gonna be there? Nooo waaayyyyyy!!!!!

PirateJafa
21st November 2008, 02:00
considering my ready supply of tools, aluminium, bog and now some carbon-fibre reinforced repair/filler epoxy stuff that i bought today, perhaps it is you that should come to my place ;)

And you've got my fucking beer too!

BANZAI
21st November 2008, 04:58
OMFG!!!! I'm awake from hour ago and so excited!!! :blink:

Weather seems really good, its gonna be nice as ride!!! :)

bigfoot
21st November 2008, 07:02
This is gonna be popping my coro loop cherry. What a day to lose it to !

motorbyclist
21st November 2008, 08:28
spose i better get there then

Ragingrob
21st November 2008, 09:31
Bummer I was really looking forward to that! Might catch you guys at the BBQ.

Magua
21st November 2008, 10:06
Err, think I slept in a bit much.
(post 1,111, sweet).

ital916
21st November 2008, 14:41
whats the addy for thebbq. just give me a street name, I'll spot the bikes.

Squiggles
21st November 2008, 17:20
If anyone else needs the address gives me a txt 0212685528

racefactory
21st November 2008, 20:51
fucking sick thanks people.

bomma thanks again for your hospitality bro

BANZAI
21st November 2008, 21:28
That was meeaaaaann asssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Nish for organising and BBQ that was really good :yes:

And thanks Trademe900, James and other people who put up with my riding :p

I'm so exhausted so gonna have shower and sleep now :)

bikerboy011
21st November 2008, 21:56
What an awesome day!!

Zim_Invader
21st November 2008, 22:26
automatic exile if an smc member does not attend.:)

bud.. u've just sentenced yourself to be dismembered! where the fuck were u today man! perfect weather. fuel cost total'd up to about $30(max for me, so i'm thinking 45 for u, tops). u missed one kick ass ride!

I reckon for inexperienced riders it can be good to follow a more experienced person to show them lines and also entrance speeds (given that the experienced person knows that the newbie is following and rides accordingly).
It gives the newbie a bit more confidence when approaching the corner because they can be sure that the corner can easily be done at that speed (given of course still that the lead person is riding appropriately).

mate i reckn niche is the man for putting me behind toto after my little cross lane incident. toto's speed is good, and his line is awesome! a slight late apex. i followed him for the better half of the loop and felt so comfortable on the turns. that's the sorta line i wanna be able to see and use when riding myself! toto bud. i cant wait to do another ride with u. if u don't mind, i'd follow u again! that was a graet line! towards the end, i was falling into a pattern, and each corner got easier to take. that was a great ride mate. u made it all the better for me! it was one bloody steep learning curve, and i'm glad a went through it... now to practice that sorta line more so i can get better!

bomma thanks again for your hospitality bro

That was meeaaaaann asssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Nish for organising and BBQ that was really good :yes:

And thanks Trademe900, James and other people who put up with my riding :p

I'm so exhausted so gonna have shower and sleep now :)

haha... it was! u guys said it! how was the barbie! sorry i couldn't make it. was a bit tied up.

haha, the funniest thing was i wrapped my cell phone up twice in plastic or tissues, leaving teh camera part open and clear, so i could make a recording of my first ever corro. stupd idea! at auto barn i taped it up to the dash of my bike, and didn't realise i stopped recording at some point and so was riding with a phone taped above me headlight for no good reason! i'm gonna fashion a case/mount for it, for the next ride. lets see what i can do! haha.... i doubt it'd be any better than jaffa's camera mount, but hey, it's better than nothing, and wort the try.

thanks loads niche! this was one bloody fun ride! i learnt loads! and can't wait to go out and do some slow speed practicing of lines some time soon!

PirateJafa
22nd November 2008, 09:27
fuel cost total'd up to about $30(max for me, so i'm thinking 45 for u, tops).

Was about $50 something here.

mate i reckn niche is the man for putting me behind toto after my little cross lane incident.

Which one? :slap:

What an awesome day!!

Fuckin' oath. I've got some video of you going down the coast road by the way mate.

V4 Moar. :niceone:

Zim_Invader
22nd November 2008, 09:55
Which one? :slap:

hehe.... just that township where u two on your vfr's shot out ahead of the group. (so, it was just after that stint where i followed u). - hahaha, passing that truck doesn't count as i had a clean view of the road ahead from where i was, and so took the open stretch as my chance.

haha... the first part of the ride was full of sweepers, so and i didn't expect the tightness of the corners later on. so i completely mis judged that first tight turn, was in too high a gear, and couldn't pull the bike round enough so just figured cross over to the outside of the oncoming lane (as i was already half way there - i thought it'd be a faster way out of the line of traffic). - not the smartest move, i admit, but there after i made sure i didn't screw up again.... hehe, and that's also when i was told to follow toto:whistle:

i can't wait for the next ride tho! that was such a fun! i just wanna get out there and practice more!

BANZAI
22nd November 2008, 10:05
niche? you mean Nish?

Zim_Invader
22nd November 2008, 10:33
niche? you mean Nish?

haha... well if we wanted to be all exact n stuff, haha, we could start typing it as nischal chakravati, but that just takes too long... nish is fine, but too many ppl already use it. nisch is a bit much, so i decided to stick with niche.. i just type it differently. haha dael with it (:buggerd:)

is it still pedophelia if the kid's dead

motorbyclist
22nd November 2008, 11:42
great ride guys :D

maybe next time we put up the route on the forum before we leave eh?

wtf?

bikerboy011
22nd November 2008, 14:30
Haha ;) can you upload it on here, i wanna see it... lol
Total fuel cost for me was 25$ pretty good ay.

Fuckin' oath. I've got some video of you going down the coast road by the way mate.

Patar
22nd November 2008, 16:09
Wait wut?
Why was I under the impression the ride was tomorrow?

-_-
wow I am some kind of retard, got the newbie ride and end of year one mixed up, fucking /cry

racefactory
22nd November 2008, 18:17
because the learner ride is tomorrow mate.

bomma
22nd November 2008, 20:00
hehe yea was a badass day guys!! awesome to go for a ride with a great bunch of fullas and on such a beautiful day on such beautiful roads!!!

still a bit rusty from the lack of riding but was good to get back into it over the coro!!!

motorbyclist
22nd November 2008, 20:06
still a bit rusty from the lack of riding but was good to get back into it over the coro!!!

ditto, even if i was doing the whole thing on my own:first:

bomma
22nd November 2008, 20:30
ditto, even if i was doing the whole thing on my own:first:

from memory you didnt make it north of kopu.....CORO FAIL!!! :lol:

klyong82
22nd November 2008, 21:08
Alrights boy and girls...here are some of the photos from the ride.....but thank bomma for organising a fun ride and the suzuki's for making us ride to our limits :laugh: and bomma once again for the bbq...

1.Nicest Fireblade
2.Waiting opposite the gym
3.Chris what are you wearing under there?
4.GSXR750 nice bike
5.CBR's
6.AutoBahn BP

klyong82
22nd November 2008, 21:13
More pics

1.CBR's Kopu Mobil
2.Lunch Coroglen Tavern
3.Looks familiar? The Flying Hornet
4.You know Nish you got 2 cans on ya bike to do that
5.BBQ
6.Stevo just arriving for the food; gave all sorts of excuses for not riding coro

klyong82
22nd November 2008, 21:16
This ones for Ewen always only interested in the ladies...

racefactory
22nd November 2008, 21:36
Of course, the Viffers were there in true FORCE V4. Despite 2 of them not making it for the day, a very tardy arrival from motorbyclist reinV4orced us.

bikerboy011
22nd November 2008, 21:51
How do you upload photo's on here?

racefactory
22nd November 2008, 21:54
How do you upload photo's on here?

Go advanced reply and then go to the manage attachments section. :done:

racefactory
22nd November 2008, 22:00
great ride guys :D

maybe next time we put up the route on the forum before we leave eh?

wtf?

Yes that would be good. Must remember to set alarm clocks too- it's got to go both ways!

HungusMaximist
22nd November 2008, 22:39
Sweet ride, cheers Nish for the hospitality, and best of all, like Kim said "No casualties".

Nice meeting some new peeps and saw some great cornering lines. Nice gravel missiles from the new seals and Goldilocks managed to turn up!

Here's some Honda porn.

*Crappy over exposure on the group photo, ahem, excuse me.

motorbyclist
23rd November 2008, 02:16
Yes that would be good. Must remember to set alarm clocks too- it's got to go both ways!

i did set my alarm, i just didn't get out of bed;)

"bah they'll dick around so long just getting there i'll catch them by kopu"

and to be fair, i DID meet you guys in kopu:D

PirateJafa
23rd November 2008, 12:17
Okay guys, first attempt at compressing/'tubing from my camera.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQLmqeAHVPI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQLmqeAHVPI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zim_Invader
23rd November 2008, 14:01
nice vid jaffa. it's really good. good to watch a few times to learn lines. where to enter the turn and where u wanna be on when u exit. haha... i've watched it a couple of times now, trying to get familiar with it, so i can imagine the line when i ride around! (oi, it helps me learn.... don't hate, it's an attempt at getting better! - u all were nube's at some point):nono:

Slyer
23rd November 2008, 15:52
nube's
I think I'm going to learn every possible spelling of every word by reading your posts. :bleh:

EJK
23rd November 2008, 19:44
GN burnout fail?

PirateJafa
23rd November 2008, 20:07
GN burnout fail?

Repeatedly.

Don't worry, I'm sure one day he'll realise that noone is impressed by burnouts regardless of which bike is doing them.

Proper stunts on the other hand...

Edit: Youtube upload fail! Hurry up, by crikey!

PirateJafa
24th November 2008, 00:26
Moar V4 Powar!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/owB1q_Al_Ds&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/owB1q_Al_Ds&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PirateJafa
24th November 2008, 01:17
I think I spy a Ewen...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETbb8pfO338&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETbb8pfO338&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PirateJafa
24th November 2008, 09:50
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRGVKJlheCE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRGVKJlheCE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BANZAI
24th November 2008, 10:57

Hmm perhaps NO? If aged between 13-18 then it will be called Lolita :bleh:

GN burnout fail?

Big FAIL!!!

TOTO
24th November 2008, 12:29
lol all of yous shiny-plastic-bike-fairing-having-slow-ass-gravel-riders-because-my-plastic-is-is-too-precious-to-me need more gravel riding on ya road bike to master that wonderful gravel skill. The faster you go the less chips you will get.

motorbyclist
24th November 2008, 13:36
that faster you go the more extensive the damage, actually :bleh:

you just get less hitting you headlight/visor cause you're moving faster

the rest bury themselves in radiators/fairings at higher speed

Squiggles
24th November 2008, 13:40
Stopping can also be problematic in the gravel at speed, meh