PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keen for a CORO This FRIDAY 31st OCT ?

TOTO
29th October 2008, 16:41
As per thread name. Seeing that weather is supposed to be nice , I'm keen to do a CORO if I got a company of at least 2-3 people.

Any takers ?

RIDE IS ON :niceone:

EDIT - Ride details: FRIDAY 31st OCT

Some of us North Shore boys are meeting at BP Onewa Road at 8:45 and leaving at 9:00am

Going to fuel up at BP Autobahn at about 9:30 - 9:45 and we shooting at 10:00am. Anyone keen can meet us there.

Planning to be in Kopu by 11:00 - 11:30max. So if anyone outside of Auckland wants to meet us there, you can wait for us at the Mobil Petrol Station at Kopu from 11am.

Loop Clockwise as per usual. Lunch at yummy tavern at Coroglen. Plan is to do the whole loop and even stop at the gold mine for a look.

I do not recommend the loop for super novice riders i.e. less than 6 months constant riding experience. apart from that all welcome.

I'm going on the baby hornet, ride will be kept at legal speeds but not slow as a nana in the corners. In saying that , Anyone is wellcome to ride how they like (i'm not your mummy) and also have no problem waiting for people on the turns :niceone:

Weather forcast is looking quite sweet, but ride is weather dependent after all. Final Confirmation of ride going ahead is going to be in this first post by 8:00am

bomma
29th October 2008, 17:19
man you've got waaaay too much free time on your hands todd......and where the hell are you getting money for new tyres from?!?! im dreading the upcoming change of tyres i'll have to fork out for...keeping a very close eye on the old bank balance :oi-grr: :weep:

shingo
29th October 2008, 17:23
man you've got waaaay too much free time on your hands todd

My thoughts exactly.

And surely you have some exams to study for as well, or you're some super genius that can cram in a semesters work in one night. Wish i could do that.

PirateJafa
29th October 2008, 17:29
Somewhat interested.

kevfromcoro
29th October 2008, 17:32
I MAY BE IN MATE......just got a new scoot....
had to chain it up..otherwise its going to go without me.....
not much time,,,,have to go to the naki sat morning.....
pop up some times ..might do a bit of a run with yis...
its time thing for me...
Cheers Kev

musicman
29th October 2008, 18:27
As per thread name. Seeing that weather is supposed to be nice , I'm keen to do a CORO if I got a company of at least 2-3 people.

Any takers ?

Ooooh a Coro loop, eh? Sounds like an appropriate "last ride" on the Zeal before chucking it on Trademe...

kevfromcoro
29th October 2008, 18:34
JUST done a run to-day.....up the coast...
noobs take it easy.......the corners are tight..and there are logging trucks coming at ya......
slow down......

TOTO
29th October 2008, 21:37
man you've got waaaay too much free time on your hands todd......and where the hell are you getting money for new tyres from?!?! im dreading the upcoming change of tyres i'll have to fork out for...keeping a very close eye on the old bank balance :oi-grr: :weep:

2 jobs :p

My thoughts exactly.

And surely you have some exams to study for as well, or you're some super genius that can cram in a semesters work in one night. Wish i could do that.

Had one exam today - 3 to go , but not till monday anyway. Going to all lectures and taking detailed notes about whats on the exams = less revision time

Somewhat interested.

Wicked :niceone:

I MAY BE IN MATE......just got a new scoot....
had to chain it up..otherwise its going to go without me.....
not much time,,,,have to go to the naki sat morning.....
pop up some times ..might do a bit of a run with yis...
its time thing for me...
Cheers Kev

More than welcome mate. Will be nice to meet ya :niceone:

Ooooh a Coro loop, eh? Sounds like an appropriate "last ride" on the Zeal before chucking it on Trademe...

hell yea :)

JUST done a run to-day.....up the coast...
noobs take it easy.......the corners are tight..and there are logging trucks coming at ya......
slow down......

thanks for yr concern man.

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH RIDE DETAILS...

Gubb
29th October 2008, 21:43
I'm in.
10 fucking char.

nosebleed
29th October 2008, 22:24
Sounds promising. Probably see youse at karaka/Drury.

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 01:19

lol, last guy to do that ended up selling to insurance... and cancelling the new cbr600 he had just laid down a deposit for until his wrist healed up enough to allow him to continue work

*touches wood*

yep, i can be a dick sometimes

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 05:44
just got up..and my strom has broken the chain and escaped by itself..... must of read the thread.....
met ya at the gas station Orks south........got a new road .,,to get to kopu.....its top secret.....if i show you guys i will have to slit your throats after the ride......cant do all the loop... but a few hours is better than nothing...
getting organised....
check out that new road on the way up....
might be a bit of adventure in it......
cheers Kev.................

TOTO
30th October 2008, 06:41
just got up..and my strom has broken the chain and escaped by itself..... must of read the thread.....
met ya at the gas station Orks south........got a new road .,,to get to kopu.....its top secret.....if i show you guys i will have to slit your throats after the ride......cant do all the loop... but a few hours is better than nothing...
getting organised....
check out that new road on the way up....
might be a bit of adventure in it......
cheers Kev.................

Dude you are up way to early...

Not sure if you read the title of the post right, but ride is on Friday (Tomorrow) not thursday (today).

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 07:57
Dude you are up way to early...

Not sure if you read the title of the post right, but ride is on Friday (Tomorrow) not thursday (today).

yeah sweet mate......got to come up to orks to-day...pick up a trailer.....and my 600r...will ride the strom up in the morning....FRIDAY..........
Just leaving ...will check out that road......
Kev

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 09:54
got a new road .,,to get to kopu.....its top secret.....if i show you guys i will have to slit your throats after

is it this one?

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&saddr=maramarua&daddr=-37.21953,175.268154+to:miranda&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=-37.244815,175.322399&sspn=0.100849,0.175095&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.22117,175.308323&spn=0.100881,0.175095&z=13

bloody awesome yet the SMC usually hops off sh1 long before it on the straightest, most boring miranda route imaginable

Blackbird
30th October 2008, 10:21
Keep your eyes peeled in the hills just north of Wilson's Bay. When I went down to Thames on Tuesday, there were some patching crews working up there and they hadn't done a good job at all in cleaning up the pea gravel they'd scattered about. Might be ok by now but better safe than sorry....

TOTO
30th October 2008, 11:33
Keep your eyes peeled in the hills just north of Wilson's Bay. When I went down to Thames on Tuesday, there were some patching crews working up there and they hadn't done a good job at all in cleaning up the pea gravel they'd scattered about. Might be ok by now but better safe than sorry....

Thanks, we'll keep an eye out :niceone:

EJK
30th October 2008, 12:41
lol, last guy to do that ended up selling to insurance... and cancelling the new cbr600 he had just laid down a deposit for until his wrist healed up enough to allow him to continue work

*touches wood*

yep, i can be a dick sometimes

No worries! Hes already got a Raptor 650 :Punk:

glice
30th October 2008, 13:36
Mate, Id be keen as a running bean. but I'll have work. I keep meaning to txt you on one of my early finishes to go for a ride.

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 13:52
hi mate,,, want to do a stop in south auckland.....dury offramp..up to the roundabout....... ride down through the back roads...
may be 3 or 4 of us.......

TOTO
30th October 2008, 14:17
hi mate,,, want to do a stop in south auckland.....dury offramp..up to the roundabout....... ride down through the back roads...
may be 3 or 4 of us.......

I'm keen on a whole coro tomorrow ay so I wanna be there as per the time I have put. Would be keen for the back roads some other time. Let us know what you find.

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 16:44
I'm keen on a whole coro tomorrow ay so I wanna be there as per the time I have put. Would be keen for the back roads some other time. Let us know what you find...
all good,,,, pop up a time to meet me.. got a road ..no gravel...will still get you down to kopu at 11am.......its a lot beter ride than the going on the main road.......ask beyond,,,and ducati hard...... think scratcha may be in........
pop up some times...and bring your cameras........
cheers kev...

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 19:26
OK... will be at dury roundabout at 11am,,,,,, pork pies and coke...get back to me......toto.........................
we are riding up from the coro to meet you guys....
txt me 0212661077....
cheers .....................kev

TOTO
30th October 2008, 19:58
OK... will be at dury roundabout at 11am,,,,,, pork pies and coke...get back to me......toto.........................
we are riding up from the coro to meet you guys....
txt me 0212661077....
cheers .....................kev

Na man , whole loop is long enough for me - 650k all up so I'm gonna pass on your back roads ay.

You know where we gonna be and at what time so more than welcome to join us.

Have a good one :niceone:

kevfromcoro
30th October 2008, 21:01
dont think toto understood.........iam going to be at the dury roundabout att 11am....taken the back roads.anyone in ...meet at the kopu 11.15.......
toto is half hour shorter..and s good run.......just trying to help..
KEV

Ragingrob
30th October 2008, 21:05
dont think toto understood.........iam going to be at the dury roundabout att 11am....taken the back roads.anyone in ...meet at the kopu 11.15.......
KEV

You're getting from Drury roundabout to Kopu in 15 mins? :chase:

TOTO
30th October 2008, 21:12
KEV

So you are not actually joing us at all. Man your posting so confusing I must admit , so many dots and commas without an exact answer. And I was beeting myself coz I'm foreign :blink:

Drury to Kopu is 100km. 15 min it means he is averaging going 400km/h. Thats takes some skill :clap:

Gubb
30th October 2008, 21:42
He wants to meet at Drury instead of Autobahn, with enough time left to get to Kopu by 11am.

I'm keen. He will be at Kopu at 11am anyway.

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 22:31
He wants to meet at Drury instead of Autobahn, with enough time left to get to Kopu by 11am.

I'm keen. He will be at Kopu at 11am anyway.

how the hell do you get that from "will be at dury roundabout at 11am"??

cave weta
30th October 2008, 22:38
the last of the twisties betweem Whiritoa and Waihi was being sealed today-
it wont be finished by tomorrow but once it is it will be Lurvelly for the rest of the summer!

watch out for marbles and big yellow trucks with flashing lights

cave weta
30th October 2008, 22:42
And any bike problems on the loop- RING ME 021 205 7266 I do salvage and storage for bikes in Waihi. cheapest rates.

musicman
30th October 2008, 22:46

Ah, but he ended up with a 2006(?) ZX6R, much better than any CBR (in the looks department anyway, damn those 05/06 636's are sexy!).

motorbyclist
30th October 2008, 22:58
did he? havn't actually heard from him since

user name was Dakara wasn't it?

musicman
31st October 2008, 00:09
did he? havn't actually heard from him since

user name was Dakara wasn't it?

Yep, Dakara, he got a 636 not long after the accident, before his wrist was healed enough to ride it. Can you imagine having a 636 sitting in your garage but actually being physically unable to ride it? I'd probably be just sitting on it all day! :lol:

motorbyclist
31st October 2008, 00:39
ah yeah i remember reading about that!

poor bugger, lucky he only broke his wrist though:crazy:

PirateJafa
31st October 2008, 00:47
Sorry guys, looks like I'll be doing other things. Like liberating my bikes from a certain school.

kevfromcoro
31st October 2008, 06:31
got up.....gearing up..... pop up a meeting spot in south aucks...anywheres,
txt me on 021 2661077...
kev

kevfromcoro
31st October 2008, 06:56

told ya it was a shortcut......ok iam out the door..meeting scatcha.....
txt me please..............021 2661077......
south aucks....ok
KEV

TOTO
31st October 2008, 07:09
And any bike problems on the loop- RING ME 021 205 7266 I do salvage and storage for bikes in Waihi. cheapest rates.

Yes man, got yr number in my cell :niceone:

Yep, Dakara, he got a 636 not long after the accident, before his wrist was healed enough to ride it. Can you imagine having a 636 sitting in your garage but actually being physically unable to ride it? I'd probably be just sitting on it all day! :lol:

Dakara is back riding again :yes: We actually may go out for a spin with him tomorrow.

Sorry guys, looks like I'll be doing other things. Like liberating my bikes from a certain school.

This means we gotta do another coro just for you :niceone:

told ya it was a shortcut......ok iam out the door..meeting scatcha.....
txt me please..............021 2661077......
south aucks....ok
KEV

TXT sent

kevfromcoro
31st October 2008, 13:31
JUST got back from the ride.......
met up with scatcha at ytakarooo....
if you want a good feed go to the mooloo cafe..
couple of old ladies...reckon they will look us bikers......
pop the number up soon.........
me and scatcha road to the castle... toto txt me so we waited there......
scratcha picked a fight with some moari cunt....
was going to run our bikes over......
fuck the cunt....if he had of touched our bikes...he wouldent be awake yet...
good run....down the back roads... to miranda.....
hyosung blew a piston.....
never mind its all sorted......
hope you guys had a good ride.......
i had to go to town and do a bit of bus...
in the cage.....
drove out to kopu ..... and had a bit of japenese sushi for din din....
was so good ...went back and had the other one.......
nod,,,, nod...wink...wink...scratcha..think you know what i mean....
hope you guys had a good ride....
shit no cameras.....
Regards KEV

TOTO
31st October 2008, 18:42
Thanks for all you guys turning up. Nice to meet you all new ppl. Next time will take out the hooligan and play with the italians :niceone:

LOL them japanese girls were nice ay. U should let them stay at yr place :)

kevfromcoro
31st October 2008, 18:52
Thanks for all you guys turning up. Nice to meet you all new ppl. Next time will take out the hooligan and play with the italians :niceone:

LOL them japanese girls were nice ay. U should let them stay at yr place :)... well they are still here...fucking about in g strings......
fuck sake give me a hand................
wheres steve.... good to meet you guys......................
ride safe .....
kev

Blackbird
31st October 2008, 18:53
Did any of you guys peel off and explore the road that goes round the northern edge of Coro Harbour? Saw a blue and white multi (250?) go past whilst I was in the garden.

scracha
1st November 2008, 08:19
... well they are still here...fucking about in g strings......
fuck sake give me a hand................
wheres steve.... good to meet you guys......................
ride safe .....
kev

Hope your pacemaker is charged up buddy. I should do the loop more often.

Did anyone find out who the two lassies were at the castle? Lol

The rear tyre is now 25% canvas and the front pads are like rizlas.

nosebleed
1st November 2008, 08:33
Good ride, thanks TOTO for getting that together. Bit of a rocky start but we got there, it's all good on a Friday. Wee bit longer than I thought i'd do so now I've got a Panadol/ Codeine/ Volataren and every other bastard pill loaded day.

Good to meet Scracha (some good wit there brother "He rides an Italian Bike he'll have an AA Membership") and Kev - sure Kev went back to find those girls at the Castle to see if they wanted to come over for Sushi as well - Poon Hound!

Bad luck with the Hyo Gubb - and big ups to scracha for going back to find him.

kevfromcoro
1st November 2008, 09:00
- sure Kev went back to find those girls at the Castle to see if they wanted to come over for Sushi as well - Poon Hound!

him.[/QUOTE]

Not me mate,,,, time id finished with the jap sushi.......didnt have enuf energy to hold the bike up......
see yas in a month.........
pop up another ride....iam keen as mustard.......
Cheers Kev

Choco
1st November 2008, 10:30
lucky buggers! I had school :weep:
Pic's or it didnt happen by the way.

musicman
1st November 2008, 11:25
lucky buggers! I had school :weep:

Nobody had cameras, haha, and I had my friend's camera but I'd left the memory card at home :pinch:
TOTO has a couple of pics of the big L&P bottle at Paeroa in his phone though.

It was a nice ride, good to meet you guys, being an Asian I had a hard time understanding some of what scracha was saying! :o Hahaha.

TOTO
1st November 2008, 11:26
ucky buggers! I had school

you sound more and more like Ej :)

nosebleed
1st November 2008, 15:31
...being an Asian I had a hard time understanding some of what scracha was saying! :o Hahaha.

mate i still don't have clue what he said all day.. i just nodded and laughed at the appropriate times :2thumbsup

edit: i did understand the turning to me with - "hurry up you useless twat!"

scracha
1st November 2008, 19:26
Only guy I understood was the Scotsman with the BMW..... You kiwi's all talk funny like. Top moment was the 2's up action on the 250 hornet. The coro loop probably isn't the best place for a pillion virgin.

Was looking forward to carver and ducatihard giving us noobs the learn.

Musicman....gawd that thing is gutless even for a 250. Pretty wee thing though (and yes, i'm talking about the bike).
Kev....practise makes perfect (sashimi wo tabetai desu yo!)

Oh bike thang....haven't got a bloody spanner big enough to get he rear wheel nut off (single sided thing defies physics i tells ya).

fuggin bbq rained off........... :argh:

Gubb
2nd November 2008, 08:24
Ah well.

Pottered around in Thames until 2.30 when the missus turned up. Headed back to the B&B, got the bike.

Finally got home at 7pm after dropping off the trailer and being stuck in horrendous traffic.

Took off all the fairings, seat, pulled out the plugs. From what I could see it wasn't a piston.

Loaded it up and dropped it off to Spectrum, they will have a look when they get a chance, but being a mechanic down, that won't be till late next week.

Gutted.

Awesome meeting Scracha, Nosebleed and Kev though.

I think Nosebleed passed us on the Harbour Bridge at about 6pm.

EJK
2nd November 2008, 14:20
It was a nice ride, good to meet you guys, being an Asian I had a hard time understanding some of what scracha was saying! :o Hahaha.

Yeah me too I had some difficulty but just laugh at the end of each full stop and it's all good :innocent:

you sound more and more like Ej :)

Hes got the same job as me too

TOTO
2nd November 2008, 17:33
here you go choco - proof that we were there :wari: