PDA

View Full Version : 08 Ninja noises

SilentNinja
5th November 2008, 16:19
Hello, just a quick question,

while riding my new 08 Ninja EX250J (970kms total), when i rev up to about 9k then throttle off with no brakes and let the engine do the braking, around about 6k the bike makes a fizzing, buzzing sound like something lightly touching something and rattling, then the sound goes away when the revs drop below 5.5k - 5k ???

ohh and it didn't do it while in the first 300-500kms, so just wondering what might have happened, or needs looking at, its going for its first service on the 10th, just wanting some info???

Cheers
Bryce

disenfranchised
5th November 2008, 16:32
Engines will have resonance points, where the vibrations are at their worst....I would expect that it's just this.
My Hyo certainly vibrates a long more at 5.5k than at any other point in the rev range

BuffaloNinja
5th November 2008, 16:33
Could be a few things ...

Check the headers aren't loose.

Check something's not touching the headers.

Depending on the side the sound's coming from, might be the clutch.

When you take it in for the service (and they do the oil change) make sure they do an oil analysis - you need to know if there are any fragments floating around.

Nice bike!

marty
5th November 2008, 16:43
how ironic - silentninja's ninja isn't a silent ninja!

honda929
5th November 2008, 17:01
Its a kwaka so get used to it, but dont worry its quite normal, my zx7 sounded like a jar of nails being shaken, when i took it back to the dealer and questioned it the reply was "they all sound like that sir".

SilentNinja
6th November 2008, 15:34
haha thanks guys, yer im sure its nothing much being a brand new bike, and if it is anything it will be covered. yer my bike wont be silent after my two bros pipe is put on :D