PDA

View Full Version : Ride to NP - Monday 10th Nov

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 12:50
Hi guys,
just in case anyone was going to be heading down, thought i would post up that after my exam on monday i will be heading to new plymouth - at about 1:30 hopefully
I have to have a drug test done for pre-employment purposes first and then will be heading out of town straight away.
So plan to be filling up with petrol and checking tyres at the BP off the motorway south of papakura hopefully around 2pm at latest
no real certain times, unless there is definitely someone thats coming - then will fix times

PirateJafa
8th November 2008, 13:03
Dibs on spiking your pre-ride ginger beer.

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 14:11
Dibs on spiking your pre-ride ginger beer.

Thanks a lot Jafa - do you want me to get fired! :stupid: not to mention i would then have to undergo constant drug tests to stay working there
Its one of hte perks for working for the Crown, and with/around such sensitive evidence

but will most definitely be having a beer when i get home to the NAKI!!! with no more exams for 6 months! yay... but have to get through this last one before can celebrate

ital916
8th November 2008, 14:31
Hi guys,
just in case anyone was going to be heading down, thought i would post up that after my exam on monday i will be heading to new plymouth - at about 1:30 hopefully
I have to have a drug test done for pre-employment purposes first and then will be heading out of town straight away.
So plan to be filling up with petrol and checking tyres at the BP off the motorway south of papakura hopefully around 2pm at latest
no real certain times, unless there is definitely someone thats coming - then will fix times

I don't think we have ever met before, my name is dushy, nice to meet you but now I guess your leaving. Sounds like it's not temporary though?? *not jinxing it* so I'll say hi if you come back up lol. And if jafa spikes your drink just give ti back to him and leave him in a bk with a doggy bag. :msn-wink:

PirateJafa
8th November 2008, 14:54
Now now Dushy, no need to hit on *every* girl who turns up to a SMC event. :jerry: And you can hardly talk - what was it, running across the whole of Wellington naked after some chick tried to rape you? Or was it a dude? The story seemed to change every time you told it. :rofl:

BANZAI
8th November 2008, 15:03
Yea man, you didn't even go and chat to those three girls sitting at Strata yesterday.

When they left you were saying to Andrew "Damn we should have talked to them, that pink one was hot as etc..."

Anyway Tracy, don't listen to Dushy. Btw 10th I have my violin concert so I can't come X(

ital916
8th November 2008, 15:05
Now now Dushy, no need to hit on *every* girl who turns up to a SMC event. :jerry: And you can hardly talk - what was it, running across the whole of Wellington naked after some chick tried to rape you? Or was it a dude? The story seemed to change every time you told it. :rofl:

:corn::corn::corn: you show him jafa.....oh wait :wari:.

And it's never been a guy, always a girl and that was one mean girl essay. Anyway I had my pants on by 30m down the road.

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 15:17
haha well this thread took a very dramatic turn rather quickly!
sounds like a lot of you boys have some stories that you should never have told the others!

no my trip home is not permanent, only for a week, before i return to auckland to work for the summer
and still have at least another 4 years at uni... so its gonna be a while til ya get rid of me! :blink:

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 15:20
Btw 10th I have my violin concert so I can't come X(

good luck with your performance banzai, :2thumbsup but i have evidence exam in morning, and then have to get home becasue am babysitting my three month old nephew tuesday
I always hated test perofrmances, i loved performances that were for enjoyment - and always seemed to play better then too

EJK
8th November 2008, 15:25
Got my first exam on monday. Take care going down there, as you know State Highway 3 is a very good piece of road.

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 15:56
Got my first exam on monday. Take care going down there, as you know State Highway 3 is a very good piece of road.

not sure how to take the tone of that comment?
personally after you get past ngaruwahia i think it is a good ride
but when coming back up i think ill divert at whatawhata and come up SH22 - so ill let you know what day i decide to do it, and maybe some of you want to come through adn meet me and make the return trip with me

Slyer
8th November 2008, 15:59
Working! Interested in one right before christmas though.

PirateJafa
8th November 2008, 16:25
Well I would come along for the ride, but I only have Fri/Sat/Sun free for motorbike-related activities. When are you coming back?

GSXR Trace
8th November 2008, 18:54
well i will be returning either fri 14th, sat 15th or sun 16th. not sure yet. but have to be back for work 8 am monday mornin. but will let you know closer to the date

And yes Slyer, i will definitely be heading down just before christmas... ill let you know. hopefully we are heading down the same day

Edit: just wanted to note my estatic (bit of an over description but sounds good) to my realisation that below my name i am no longer a "scooter boy" or "moped rider"!!! ah procrastination from exams has at least paid off for something! At least now im considered a "rider" whether it is fair weathered or not :woohoo:

Phurrball
9th November 2008, 15:06
Happy trails down home - and good skills and luck for the evidence exam.

It's always a challenge (but interesting).

GSXR Trace
9th November 2008, 17:15
Happy trails down home - and good skills and luck for the evidence exam.

It's always a challenge (but interesting).

yeah thanks Ross, i can't wait for it to be over and go home, but gonna need all the luck i can get because of it being a subject where have to chuck out really quick short answers - no room to flounder

this one i am actually nervous about - and still just going through my masses of (shorthand) notes

well will post up when im returning sometime next week, but gotta get on with study... have a good week guys

motorbyclist
10th November 2008, 16:10
lol these tags rule

hope the weather holds out, 'fair weather rider' :p

GSXR Trace
11th November 2008, 12:34
lol these tags rule

hope the weather holds out, 'fair weather rider' :p

the weather was great! got home with no rain and still with some day light to spare!

Thanks Toto and shingo for joining me down 22! hope the trip back went well

TOTO
11th November 2008, 20:28
It was great fun Trace. We went back on 22 and when we got to auckladn met with a the hornet swarm and kept riding till 11....

was a good riding day :yes: