PDA

View Full Version : Fire/drill at engineering today (rant)

motorbyclist
12th November 2008, 13:44
so finally deciding to come into uni today, i order my subway to avoid the usual queue due to the sandwhich technitians being useless twits, and head in...

get there and my foot long is only a 6 inch. the 3 people in the queue (oh the irony) then had to wait while the girl attempted to make another 6 inch, but didn't seem capable of reading the order infront of her so proceeded to put a filling in, then remove it, then put in another, and remove, etc etc for five fucking minutes

then finally get to uni to eat my lunch, and whaddaya know i've arrived just as the firetrucks arrive to what appears to be no fire.

last time this happened was at 1am on the morning of a large design project being due, where the whole of 2nd year was in the computer lab trying to finish it.

*looks over at engineering* - nope, firemen still assessing that there is no fire.

and to think i thought i'd get more work done at uni than at home:rolleyes:

EJK
12th November 2008, 13:45
Hard day huh?

motorbyclist
12th November 2008, 13:47
and sure enough the sandwich i didn't watch her make has all sorts of shit in it that i don't want nor particuarly like

insert whaaaaabmulance pic here

EJK
12th November 2008, 13:49
and sure enough the sandwich i didn't watch her make has all sorts of shit in it that i don't want nor particuarly like

Called "Vegetables"? :msn-wink:

Slyer
12th November 2008, 13:52
Time for a university shootup methinks.

Phurrball
12th November 2008, 14:49
Let's BURN IT and give the firemen something real to do... :devil2:

ital916
12th November 2008, 17:33
so finally deciding to come into uni today, i order my subway to avoid the usual queue due to the sandwhich technitians being useless twits, and head in...

get there and my foot long is only a 6 inch. the 3 people in the queue (oh the irony) then had to wait while the girl attempted to make another 6 inch, but didn't seem capable of reading the order infront of her so proceeded to put a filling in, then remove it, then put in another, and remove, etc etc for five fucking minutes

then finally get to uni to eat my lunch, and whaddaya know i've arrived just as the firetrucks arrive to what appears to be no fire.

last time this happened was at 1am on the morning of a large design project being due, where the whole of 2nd year was in the computer lab trying to finish it.

*looks over at engineering* - nope, firemen still assessing that there is no fire.

and to think i thought i'd get more work done at uni than at home:rolleyes:

The fire brigade have procedure and need to follow it, it's the stupid fire alarm that seems to get engineering young uns like you all worked up, there there, in time you will learn to chill when the alarm goes off and have a siestsa on the lawn whilst the firemen do their job.

motorbyclist
12th November 2008, 17:52
The fire brigade have procedure and need to follow it, it's the stupid fire alarm that seems to get engineering young uns like you all worked up, there there, in time you will learn to chill when the alarm goes off and have a siestsa on the lawn whilst the firemen do their job.

i know they have to, i'm more annoyed at subway staff than the twit who set off the alarm

unless it's just a spastic alarm, in which case why the hell isn't it replaced!?

although, after having my lunch and trolling kb from the quad (honesty, can they play worse music?), the building was mostly deserted and quiet

i need a ride.. or sex.... and beer....
all three would be good - just 5 moar days!

even a blowjob would be nice

Jeremy
12th November 2008, 17:57
i know they have to, i'm more annoyed at subway staff than the twit who set off the alarm

unless it's just a spastic alarm, in which case why the hell isn't it replaced!?

although, after having my lunch and trolling kb from the quad (honesty, can they play worse music?), the building was mostly deserted and quiet

i need a ride.. or sex.... and beer....
all three would be good - just 5 moar days!

even a blowjob would be nice

Screw the subway. Walk a bit further upto the dairy (forte convenience) go buy the Lebanese bread for $1.70. Wander back to uni and go get a thing of chinese (get it on rice, important, noodles don't work very well for this. BBQ pork + chilli beef with veges is okay) for $8 or whatever they're charging now. Combine, and you've got 4 chinese kebabs for ~$10. Feeds 2-4 people for the price of subway.

BANZAI
12th November 2008, 18:05
Screw the subway. Walk a bit further upto the dairy (forte convenience) go buy the Lebanese bread for $1.70. Wander back to uni and go get a thing of chinese (get it on rice, important, noodles don't work very well for this. BBQ pork + chilli beef with veges is okay) for $8 or whatever they're charging now. Combine, and you've got 4 chinese kebabs for ~$10. Feeds 2-4 people for the price of subway.

Hey you are the ex-GN owner!! :D

How you doing man? Your GN is still running well :yes:(with bit of modifications:p)

Jeremy
12th November 2008, 18:11
Hey you are the ex-GN owner!! :D

How you doing man? Your GN is still running well :yes:(with bit of modifications:p)

All hail the mighty GN250. I'm still alive trying to get everything sorted out to start my PhD next year. Still tossing up what to get for the next bike though, I'm leaning towards something I can go touring with, since I don't need transport to/from uni since I can abuse the tamaki bus.

motorbyclist
12th November 2008, 18:25

i am far too lazy for that

and both the two times i went to the chinese place at uni (hello food?) ended with food in the bin and "NEVAR AGAIN" being announced. sure it's cheap but the lemon chicken isn't even meat and nor is the sweet and sour pork

bomma
13th November 2008, 09:49
and both the two times i went to the chinese place at uni (hello food?) ended with food i the bin and "NEVAR AGAIN" being announced. sure it's cheap but the lemon chicken isn't even meat and nor is the sweet and sour pork

plus the food from that joint inevitably leads to excess release of gas and the consequent need to shit to avoid following through on the farts:pinch::Oops:

BANZAI
13th November 2008, 10:48
All hail the mighty GN250. I'm still alive trying to get everything sorted out to start my PhD next year. Still tossing up what to get for the next bike though, I'm leaning towards something I can go touring with, since I don't need transport to/from uni since I can abuse the tamaki bus.

All hail the mighty GN!! :headbang:
Hehe theres so many bikes to choose :p

i am far too lazy for that

and both the two times i went to the chinese place at uni (hello food?) ended with food i the bin and "NEVAR AGAIN" being announced. sure it's cheap but the lemon chicken isn't even meat and nor is the sweet and sour pork

Yea I had dinner from there last night and had to throw half of it away.

breakaway
14th November 2008, 15:19
That subway on symonds st sucks. I went in there yesterday and the manager was giving one of the employees the biggest yelling I have ever seen, something about how he received complaints.

I stopped going there, I always go to the one on Mt Eden rd now, friendly dudes there, they even talk to me about my bike.