PDA

View Full Version : 06 rmz250 engine noise

chipsnmuck
15th November 2008, 15:16
hi guys,

my rmz250s just been rebuilt and its got a weird ticking noise coming from the engine -i think its from the head.

any ideas as to what this could be from and any solutions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Katman
15th November 2008, 15:42
hi guys,

my rmz250s just been rebuilt and its got a weird ticking noise coming from the engine -i think its from the head.

any ideas as to what this could be from and any solutions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Rebuilt at a bike shop?

If so, take it back for them to sort out.

chipsnmuck
15th November 2008, 17:30
yea unfortunately i bought it on trademe but yip it was rebuilt by a bikeshop (dannevirke honda) for the previous owner, but u recon the mechanic will stand by his work?

Motoxparts
19th November 2008, 17:15
This is a problem that effects RMZ alot

In order for late model 4-stroke dirt bikes to be competitive with 2-stroke power output, they need the capability to rev higher. By reducing the valve train mass with titanium valves, softer springs can also be used. Valve spring pressure produces parasitic losses on the engine (drag) so designers try to keep spring rates in check with valve materials. There are two types of valves, two-piece titanium ome stock valves or stainless steel one piece long life valves. All OEM titanium valves are made of two pieces with a cast head inertia welded to a stem rod. Inertia welding involves spinning the stem and head in opposite directions at high rpm and merging the two pieces together with pressure. When a two-piece titanium valve breaks, it is usually on the stem next to the weld, which will destroy the engine, by fitting Faction MX stainless steel valve kit this will not happen and alot less valve adjustments. When fitting Faction MX stainless steel valves if the job is done correct the stainless valves will last the life of the engine why use poorly made stock ome valves it will cost you, some dealers will say there is no problem no true just search the net for stock ome valve problems .

We have been building and machining performance engine for more than 25 years and over $350,00 worth of machinery just to make sure the job is done right.

if you need anymore info just drop as aline through our website

www.motoxparts.co.nz