PDA

View Full Version : What bike?

humphrt
16th November 2008, 19:32
Hey there, in new to pocket bikes so am after some advice. Im after a new and cheap(ish) pocket bike that i can get upgraded parts for.

What do i get? iv seen plenty on trademe but am unsure of models and parts. All they parts have what models they fit but none of the bikes have any model numbers so it makes it a bit confusing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Coyote
16th November 2008, 19:52
You pretty much can't go wrong with any of the cheap minimoto bikes. Though they're made from many different factories, they all have copied the same design. Most parts from one bike will fit another.

There's a few types. 40cc and 50cc air cooled bikes (to be honest, I don't know which of the 2 my bike is), and the 40cc watercooled bikes. Air cooled is the best place to start. Cheaper and simpler to work on. Watercooled is faster, but they'd be best left as an upgrade if you've enjoyed your cheap aircooled bike.

I haven't dealt with anyone that has upgrade parts. Haven't had the money for them yet. Plus when I have the money I'd like to get an old 80cc MX engine. www.minimoto.co.nz has a lot of upgrade parts. These guys do to, though their site is under construction: www.xminimoto.co.nz

DELLORTO
16th November 2008, 20:00
hae go on here www.pocketdyno.co.nz, this is the man to ask

humphrt
18th November 2008, 08:55
thanks for the replys