PDA

View Full Version : Summer holiday work - Show off your bike, almost $20/hr

Jahdafario
16th November 2008, 20:59
Hi Guys,

ACC is running a programme to help prevent injury and promote safe motorbike riding etc etc..

So on Thursday 27th November we need 15 bikes, good looking bikes to be on display in Auckland at a venue, there will be heaps of biker people turning up, and we need you to bring your bike and just hang around,

what we need:

6 bikes - flash ones, so really only 400cc and higher and they have to look pretty sweet, no crashed/scuffed bikes as these are on display and need to promote the safety of motorcycling. These 6 bikes will need to be on display with you standing around talking shit from about 3.45 to 8.30, and these 6 people will get $80 in petrol vouchers, not cash.

Also 10 other bikes, these can range in anything cc. wise, yes 250's even you :), big to little, but once again, no crashed bikes. These guys will be around from about 3.45 til 5ish and will get a single $20 petrol voucher.

These aren't really jobs, and this isn't really work, it's just stand around and talk bikes for about 4-5 hours and get petrol vouchers at the end of it,

simple :)

please get back to me if you are interested

blaksin@gmail.com

and please let me know:

Your name:
Bike:
Contact cell phone no:

cheers,
Dan

021 748 224

musicman
16th November 2008, 22:03
Hi Guys,

ACC is running a programme to help prevent injury and promote safe motorbike riding etc etc..

So on Thursday 27th November we need 15 bikes, good looking bikes to be on display in Auckland at a venue, there will be heaps of biker people turning up, and we need you to bring your bike and just hang around,

what we need:

6 bikes - flash ones, so really only 400cc and higher and they have to look pretty sweet, no crashed/scuffed bikes as these are on display and need to promote the safety of motorcycling. These 6 bikes will need to be on display with you standing around talking shit from about 3.45 to 8.30, and these 6 people will get $80 in petrol vouchers, not cash.

Also 10 other bikes, these can range in anything cc. wise, yes 250's even you :), big to little, but once again, no crashed bikes. These guys will be around from about 3.45 til 5ish and will get a single $20 petrol voucher.

These aren't really jobs, and this isn't really work, it's just stand around and talk bikes for about 4-5 hours and get petrol vouchers at the end of it,

simple :)

please get back to me if you are interested

blaksin@gmail.com

and please let me know:

Your name:
Bike:
Contact cell phone no:

cheers,
Dan

021 748 224

Keen! But what petrol station's vouchers?

PirateJafa
16th November 2008, 22:18
E-mail sent. :)

Squiggles
16th November 2008, 22:48
Attached is what i've been informed of by ACC:

I've also attached a poster promoting the Ride Forever in Counties Manukau motorcycle event we're running in the Manukau Square at Manukau Shopping Centre on the 27th November.- late night shopping...
It's fairly self-explanatory.
The motorbikes on display are local riders who are keen and willing to support the event & attending with their own bikes to help spread the good oil about motorcycle rider safety and quiz competitions to engage motorists and their families to enter quiz competitions and promote to them the need for motorists to "Look out for motorbikes!".
If you or anyone in your networks is keen to participate in this event, the first 20 bikes receive $20 reimbursement for petrol, plus a T-shirt to wear, promoting the event.
They also need to be at the venue between 3pm and 3.45pm on the day, & of course remain with their bikes until we finish around 8-8.30pm.
We're hoping to have comedian Ewen Gilmour, who is a bike rider, and Aaron Slight there, supporting the event also.
If anyone in your networks can contact me directly, asap, re participation, that would be great.

Gremlin
16th November 2008, 23:09
I'll let the students get in on first dibs, but I am local, if you need another bike.

2008 KTM 990 SM... let me know prior to the weekend... as it means I would have to clean it :puke:

Zapf
16th November 2008, 23:14
Local too.

08 Aprillia Tuono with bling. Looking mint.

Or more conservitive would be a 06 Blackbird

PM me for details.

Squiggles
16th November 2008, 23:15
lol @ my failed flyer post.. ill try again when i can resize the original better

Gremlin
16th November 2008, 23:24
08 Aprillia Tuono with bling. Looking mint.
What?! It exists?! Who would have thought... it hasn't seen a road in how many months? :lol:

TOTO
16th November 2008, 23:46
email sent.

motorbyclist
17th November 2008, 00:02
not local but could use the 80 bucks

emails away!

Squiggles
17th November 2008, 00:20

emails away!

Read my post, im pretty sure theres no cash and its just one voucher for the event, which is to promote motorcyclists yadayada

edit: They've upped the voucher value since they emailed me, guess they werent getting anyone

motorbyclist
17th November 2008, 00:38
yeah i know it's a voucher, but half my budget is spent on fuel anyway so it's not like i wont use 'em

or could just "cash in" at the Bank of Mum... or chuck it in the starlet while i'm driving around today picking up robots etc etc (check your PM)

klyong82
17th November 2008, 08:20
hmmm...I wonder should I go...?

Alright email sent.....I wanna be in the flash bike exhibition... show me the $80 bucks vouchers

portokiwi
17th November 2008, 09:44
:lol: mine has toooooo many scratches cracks and dents. Still hope you guys & girls have fun. Great to here the let the students have first go.

Choco
17th November 2008, 14:52
:lol: mine has toooooo many scratches cracks and dents. Still hope you guys & girls have fun. Great to here the let the students have first go.

Mine has a few too :weep:
If you need a mildly dinged 250 there let me know lol

klyong82
17th November 2008, 16:37
I think Chrislost should bring his bike there too. Should come up with a story of what happens when motorists do not abide to the rules.... :whistle:

pocketcracker
17th November 2008, 20:33
May have to bring the Custom copper n black Gxxr 1000 out for a ride catch up wid the boys and take part in the Oldest tridition *talk shite session.*Also a good excuse for a ride from whangarei - auckland ..

pocketcracker
17th November 2008, 20:40
Email sent also ! :done:

GSXR Trace
17th November 2008, 21:32
is this a boys only gig or a chicks allowed to join in?

will need to get the afternoon off work if so... could definitely do with $80 worth of petrol!

Patar
17th November 2008, 22:57
Rarrrr drunk ramble expresssing interest in original subject raarrr

man the doruma (i thing thatwas supposded to be forum) isn't a fan or cruise control

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 23:54
Keen! But what petrol station's vouchers?

shit, I didn't think to check back on this thread,

MTA I'm guessing, and if not, BP, Mobil? not sure aye, but you'l be able to use them for petrol thats all I know

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 23:55
Attached is what i've been informed of by ACC:

cheers steveo

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 23:57
I'll let the students get in on first dibs, but I am local, if you need another bike.

2008 KTM 990 SM... let me know prior to the weekend... as it means I would have to clean it :puke:

thanks man, we have all the bikes we need, thankyou, you can still turnuip however, but now only those who turnup, spaces limited to 10 will get $20, but will not be able to take bike off premises until 8.30 (shopping centre closure) for the safety of the public hehe *thats a load of bs. But thats the reason I was told too*

Jahdafario
20th November 2008, 23:59
Read my post, im pretty sure theres no cash and its just one voucher for the event, which is to promote motorcyclists yadayada

edit: They've upped the voucher value since they emailed me, guess they werent getting anyone

Indeed, everyone is meant to get $20 only, however desperate times called for these types of measures

Jahdafario
21st November 2008, 00:00

I agree regarding the student part, yet some of them students have bikes that many working people cannot even afford, haha, you should see the Korean bike club :eek5:

Jahdafario
21st November 2008, 00:12
is this a boys only gig or a chicks allowed to join in?

will need to get the afternoon off work if so... could definitely do with $80 worth of petrol!

Doubt it, if all girls applied, they would probably get priority over guys because positive representation to the public regarding chick motorcyclists is an good thing :) I reckon anyway

*hmm, dangerous grounds I may have tread on here, but screw you cunts that think otherwise*

motorbyclist
21st November 2008, 00:54
but will not be able to take bike off premises until 8.30 (shopping centre closure) for the safety of the public hehe *thats a load of bs. But thats the reason I was told too*

wtf really? i'd say the idiots driving their truck sized "sports utility vehicles" are more a danger to the public than a bike

I agree regarding the student part, yet some of them students have bikes that many working people cannot even afford, haha, you should see the Korean bike club :eek5:

seen some of the asian cars around? saw one guy my age attempting to parallel park a brand new holden commodore thing with all the sports bits attached

Zim_Invader
21st November 2008, 02:09

emails away!

ahaha... i'd have paid money to see u pitch up for the part with the old viffer! i can see it now. u and chris pitch o your banged up beautes and be like,... "what? it's just a flesh wound!"

I think Chrislost should bring his bike there too. Should come up with a story of what happens when motorists do not abide to the rules.... :whistle:

haha.. his first action on camera would prob be a rolling stoppie combo to a rolling burnout -wheelie!

bomma
22nd November 2008, 20:54
blah blah blah

maybe you're just a noob.........

bomma
28th November 2008, 09:09
what a mean fucking day!! got to meet some great people that i would never have gotten a chance to otherwise!! dan's mum sure was popular and it was great of her to organise the event :)

was good to chill out after at mission bay and cheers for the peeps to push the ride!! thanks justin for rocking up and leading the late night ride out there!! and cheers to all those people that i got to meet and ride with :niceone:

TOTO
28th November 2008, 11:38
Dan, thanks for the great fun day man. Was nice to much round bikes and fine people like yourselves talking bikes and stuff. I'm in with bells on for the next one :)

musicman
28th November 2008, 19:15
I'm in with bells on for the next one :)

Yep, me too. They're planning for it to be at Botany Downs, which means there will be more hot Asian girls! :woohoo:

klyong82
28th November 2008, 20:09
Yep, me too. They're planning for it to be at Botany Downs, which means there will be more hot Asian girls! :woohoo:

I think there were plenty of hot asian girls there also yesterday. You just forgot to open your eyes ;)

edit: you just love to be arrested again eh Toto....I still pics at the bar woohooo

musicman
29th November 2008, 21:07
I think there were plenty of hot asian girls there also yesterday. You just forgot to open your eyes ;)

Hey come on now, I'm an Asian, I can't help that I can't open my eyes fully. And where were the hot Asian girls? There were a few that could possibly be classed as slightly hot in the mall but none out where the bikes were. :(

klyong82
29th November 2008, 21:14
Hey come on now, I'm an Asian, I can't help that I can't open my eyes fully. And where were the hot Asian girls? There were a few that could possibly be classed as slightly hot in the mall but none out where the bikes were. :(

hahaha....you got big eyes....:eek:all the nice one I saw were working in the mall. well there was a Japanese girl among the bikers....she is pretty cute and even better after a few bottles of alcohol :shutup: