PDA

View Full Version : 675 rear sprocket 2 up at the rear

saul
17th November 2008, 16:55
I have a very new vortex 675 rear sprocket that is 2 more teeth than standard.:wari:

I am happy to lend it out to the clever 675 lads so you can see what the different gearing feels like.:sunny:

You just have to pay for the postage (there and back)

I enjoyed it:sunny: maybe you will toooo

Just PM me. Happy to lend it out for a month at a time or whatever as long as you look after it.

It moves the rear tyre quite a way foward and makes it super punchy.

Installing the sprocket is super easy.

MIXONE
17th November 2008, 16:59
I bet it pulls good wheelies!

saul
17th November 2008, 18:45
I bet it pulls good wheelies!

Yep I believe that it does:2thumbsup

MD
17th November 2008, 19:28
Hi ya Saul,
So how did you find the change? Tell us more. And why are you not leaving it on yourself?

I can't fault the standard gearing myself. I know the fun of gearing a bike down though. I did that to my CBR929RR once, but it was too snatchy and caused unpleasant vibes.

Did you notice if it threw the speedo out? To test that you will need to speed towards a Cop numerous times and he will give you a written speed calibration notice. They do charge a roadside fee though for verifying your speed.
Cheers
Mark

saul
17th November 2008, 21:12
Hi ya Saul,
So how did you find the change? Tell us more. And why are you not leaving it on yourself?

I can't fault the standard gearing myself. I know the fun of gearing a bike down though. I did that to my CBR929RR once, but it was too snatchy and caused unpleasant vibes.

Did you notice if it threw the speedo out? To test that you will need to speed towards a Cop numerous times and he will give you a written speed calibration notice. They do charge a roadside fee though for verifying your speed.
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark

Yep threw the speedo out for sure, about 7.5% but I used the tuneboy software on the grey ghost to sort that. Clever that is:niceone: I love that program but the triumph peeps don't.

I really enjoyed gearing it down, no problems or vibrations at all. Changing the wheelbase was fun and clutching it up in third was also fun:niceone:

I'm pretty happy with the stock gearing so just thought I would offer it up for others to have a go with.

No hidden agenda lol.

saul
19th November 2008, 16:10
Just a bump but no worries if we are all happy:sunny:

MD
19th November 2008, 16:37
Thanks.

I might finally meet you at the MotoTT track day 7 December - if you are going.

If no one wants your cog by then and you can bring it down I will borrow it if that's OK. For scientific molecular vs velocity plus anti-gravitational force research data collection purposes only.

ps- I've registered for the Tridays event at Taupo in January too.