PDA

View Full Version : CBR250RR - help not running right

light
21st November 2008, 14:34
Hi Im looking for a little help. My CBR isnt running right atm.

I think from the reading I have dont and whats going on with the bike that it is either one or a combination of carbs needing balanced and spark plugs needing replaced.

I also need the chain and sprockets replaced. wondering if anyone is able to help me or advise a good place to go to get help thats not to pricey is?

I talked to the shop that I got the bike from and they adv around the $700ish mark, to me that sounds like a lot of money but I could be wrong.

Any advise appreciated

Ragingrob
21st November 2008, 14:54
Chain and sprockets head to Cycletreads should be around the $220 mark I think.

The Pastor
21st November 2008, 14:56
Spark plugs are going to be a bitch to replace :) have fun!

The Pastor
21st November 2008, 14:57
Spectrum on the shore will sort your carbs out - make sure to remove all the fairings before you take the bike in - helps reduce the labour a little bit

Quailboy
21st November 2008, 15:16
I got carbs balanced @ Botany Honda for a good price- can't remember how much dosh but it was good.

I did the plugs myself (big mistake), $20 each, NGK Cr9eh-9.

Previous owner got a full service, new sprockets and chain, WOF for $500

klyong82
21st November 2008, 23:09
Carb balancing will be around $300 from the shops. When you say your bike isnt running right ... what is the problem actually? is it running rich or lean? Are the plugs fouling? Is your rev counter bouncing up and down? Is it using alot of fuel? If you tell us the problem we might be able to give you solutions for you to try.

Plugs going to be expensive $80, chain sprockets $200+ plus labour so $700 bucks is about right.