PDA

View Full Version : SH22 Thursday (27th)

Ragingrob
25th November 2008, 21:07
EDIT : OK make this ride on Thursday, already got Jafa, Toto and Shingo booked. Weather looks to be just as mint. Same time, same place. I'll still do a quick ride somewhere Wednesday though for those keen.

Alright... Missed the coro, can't make the learner ride on Sunday, might be able to do the northland loop on Saturday. So I thought, weather looks sweet Thursday, I wanna ride, so why not!

Gonna do SH22 - http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&saddr=Southern+Mwy&daddr=-37.245635,174.955902+to:Highway+22+to:main+road,+r aglan&hl=en&geocode=Fej6yf0dOG5tCg%3B%3BFbBUxv0dFhxuCg%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1,2&sll=-37.2008,175.084991&sspn=0.503173,0.884399&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.286073,175.003967&spn=0.502604,0.884399&z=10

Always good to have a few buddies around, don't think you guys have been riding south with me yet so come along!

Plan to leave nice and early as I gotta be back for work. Leaving Autobahn around 9:30 sounds good to me.

Should be around a 4hour trip, probably have a quick bite to eat down south.

Not fussed about pace, if you go too fast for me then I'll see ya when I see ya. If you go too slow for me I'll hang round with ya, so learners welcome.

So post up in here, PM me, or gimme a text if you've got my number!

Open to other suggestions if someone's already riding tomo.

:scooter:

NOMIS
25th November 2008, 21:41
Bloody uni students arrghh i working man gayyy

TOTO
25th November 2008, 21:54
ok, i'll be at bp autobahn at 9.

Ragingrob
25th November 2008, 21:56
ok, i'll be at bp autobahn at 9.

:2thumbsup

I like your way of thinking Todd.

Choco
25th November 2008, 22:00
I'll see how "study" goes and let you know!

Ragingrob
25th November 2008, 22:05
I'll see how "study" goes and let you know!

Mint, been a long time!

Choco
25th November 2008, 22:09
Mint, been a long time!

Thats why I'm thinking of coming, haven't seen you in a while or your new bike in fact!

Slyer
25th November 2008, 22:17
Workday = Me working

Quailboy
25th November 2008, 22:42
Woohoo! Exams all done for me!

Put me down for a 'definite maybe' if I may.

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 07:16
Woohoo! Exams all done for me!

Put me down for a 'definite maybe' if I may.

See ya there :woohoo:

GSXR Trace
26th November 2008, 09:41
Bloody people riding during the day on a work day! I have already taken the afternoon off to do my part for safety, and have arranged with someone else exactly what im doing that morning, so cannot skip out on it!

It appears everyone is coming out of the woodworks and wanting to ride ride ride at this time of year!

But ill be there saturday and most likely sunday!

bomma
26th November 2008, 09:45
hey cuz, sorry mate i wont be able to make it, i was already working that day from 3pm till 8pm but i just got a call from work and now im working from 9.30am till 8pm :doh:

gijoe1313
26th November 2008, 10:06
Warms the cockles of me heart when there are bikes out n'about, zootling over hills and dales, sweeping the corners, tightening their lines, powering out of turns, deftly avoiding hazards, encountering vistas and panoramic scenes of majesty, the riders gracefully becoming a fusion of skill, technology and environment ...

Fair makes the ol'ticker go pitter-pat. Wish I was riding. Now. :weep:

Have a good ride there, have some good eats in Raglan by the sea and may the traffic be light, the weather glorious and the biker gods smile upon you. :yes:

TOTO
26th November 2008, 10:15
Warms the cockles of me heart when there are bikes out n'about, zootling over hills and dales, sweeping the corners, tightening their lines, powering out of turns, deftly avoiding hazards, encountering vistas and panoramic scenes of majesty, the riders gracefully becoming a fusion of skill, technology and environment ...

Fair makes the ol'ticker go pitter-pat. Wish I was riding. Now. :weep:

Have a good ride there, have some good eats in Raglan by the sea and may the traffic be light, the weather glorious and the biker gods smile upon you. :yes:

Give the little bastards some free periods and come riding :done:

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 10:41
Sweeeeeet

Guys, I think I just found my own backyard playground :woohoo:

Left just after 9am this morning, headed for the motorway until Bombay and then off towards Tuakau. Cruised SH22 down till Naike where I stretched my legs and turned around.

What a mint little piece of road! Very very nice sweeping corners with all the little twisties thrown in too.

It's a road where you have to keep more in reserve than usual, gotta have a bit more room for error, as there are a few surprises around some corners :bleh:

1st surprise : Came around a 45 to find a hawk eating a... GOAT... in the middle of the road. Yes, a hawk eating a goat who lost to a car. Went one way but the hawk already dibbed that escape route so I had to tack right across the other side of the aforementioned mammal.

2nd surprise : Cruising the back country and there were a few roadworks, one section had quite decent gravel which was actually fun to build my confidence on. Only about 100m worth but I got the rear kicking all over the place. :banana:

3rd surprise : On the way back now, thought I may as well step the pace up a little. Around another 45 and woopsy there's a cow (alive and kicking) in the middle of the road. Onto the brakes and slowly does it past Daisy. Pulled over and let a farmer down the road know someone's meat was out.

4th surprise : Heading along a straight this time, two pheasants decided to pop out from the side of the road up ahead, saw them well in time, yet they decided to use the road as their runway! So I had to tailgate them till they pulled over.

All in all, wow! Beautiful road, beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather... Looking forward to the same tomorrow!

TOTO
26th November 2008, 10:50
yea, sh22 is a goat track at the best of times. extra caution required. cant believe you never done 22 before and you live so close to it.

Choco
26th November 2008, 11:15
Looks like I'll be coming boys!
Is there any chance we could have a quite stop at Lifestyle Imports (www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz) so I can buy some Kevlar jeans?

Getting stuck in town wearing leathers is getting at tad hot :yes:

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 11:29
Is there any chance we could have a quite stop at Lifestyle Imports (www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz) so I can buy some Kevlar jeans?

Awesome! Where abouts is that? Can't find an addy on the website lol.

TOTO
26th November 2008, 11:30
its just on the beginning of sh22 when you take the mercer exit...

Choco
26th November 2008, 11:33
its just on the beginning of sh22 when you take the mercer exit...

Lots of bike gear to oggle at :niceone:

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 11:36
Should be all good then, guess we'll stay on motorway for a little bit longer!

Choco
26th November 2008, 11:38
Sweet, I'll call the dude and see if he'll open up for us :woohoo:

GSXR Trace
26th November 2008, 11:50

any idea which are the best ones to get, was going to get me some since riding to work everyday. I want ones that don't look too motorbikerish, so that i can wear them at work, but have some form of protection for riding around town

Choco
26th November 2008, 11:53
any idea which are the best ones to get, was going to get me some since riding to work everyday. I want ones that don't look too motorbikerish, so that i can wear them at work, but have some form of protection for riding around town

Toto's tested a set of these for us so we know their good, they also have knee Armour too apparently! I only want them for around town really when i'm going sub-50 and the leathers get too hot.

Squiggles
26th November 2008, 12:11
He's not far from you rob, he was the one who brought over the old man's Raptor

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 12:13
He's not far from you rob, he was the one who brought over the old man's Raptor

Sweet

Now, come on the ride! You're not working tomorrow I know it!

Squiggles
26th November 2008, 12:22
Sweet

Err, yah i am, close to the new bike now ;)

PirateJafa
26th November 2008, 12:23
Sweet

Shit, he's even got a VTR he can ride.

motorbyclist
26th November 2008, 13:17
thursday = lan

GSXR Trace
26th November 2008, 13:32
thursday = lan

what is that?

GSXR Trace
26th November 2008, 13:32
Toto's tested a set of these for us so we know their good, they also have knee Armour too apparently! I only want them for around town really when i'm going sub-50 and the leathers get too hot.

so are they draggins or another brand? can you only get them from out where you are going?

BANZAI
26th November 2008, 15:33
Meh got work in morning and going to mission bay afterwards :p

Choco
26th November 2008, 16:03
so are they draggins or another brand? can you only get them from out where you are going?

There not draggins jeans but the same sort of thing -$100 on the price tag

Choco
26th November 2008, 16:09
He'll open up the shop for us :Punk:
And the jeans come WITH armour, unlike the draggin ones

mister.koz
26th November 2008, 16:09
Just noticed the top link is a google map, there's another site - its a bit of a pain to use but you can save routes:

www.motowhere.com - quite useful :)

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 22:34
Sweet see you guys tomorrow. Leaving Autobahn at 9:30, probably don't wanna hang around the shop tooooo long ay so make a quick purchase Choco :bleh:

TOTO
26th November 2008, 22:40
cant wait.

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 22:41
cant wait.

Lol definitely, you seem very enthusiastic!

:rolleyes:

TOTO
26th November 2008, 22:47
riding bikes and sex has that effect on me :p

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 22:49
riding bikes and sex has that effect on me :p

Oh dear! Feel free to bring a pillion then! :scooter:

Yeah that's why I need to ride... My gf's over in Aus :bash:

TOTO
26th November 2008, 22:50
I'm sure we can pick up something along the way...:)

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 22:53
I'm sure we can pick up something along the way...:)

Dead goats don't count :Pokey:

PirateJafa
26th November 2008, 22:53
My gf's over in Aus :bash:

Also explains your sunscreen question. ;)

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 22:55
Also explains your sunscreen question. ;)

Mate I've got a bright red, wait, intense crimson patch straight down the middle of my back where I couldn't reach. Oh apart from a bright white spot where I somehow got a dollop of sunscreen!:no:

TOTO
26th November 2008, 23:03
should have called Jafa to help ya...

...or are you aftraid to turn your back on him...

Ragingrob
26th November 2008, 23:05
should have called Jafa to help ya...

I'd never turn my back on Jafa...:laugh:

See ya tomorrow.

PirateJafa
26th November 2008, 23:13

Of course he's afraid - I'd be parting his bike out between myself and TradeMe900 within seconds if he was foolish enough to blink. ;)

racefactory
27th November 2008, 00:35
:corn: did i hear parts??

mmm parts are good.

Choco
27th November 2008, 06:44
see all you guys inna bit!

TOTO
27th November 2008, 06:49
:wari::wari::wari::wari::wari:

Ragingrob
27th November 2008, 06:56

Finally, a ride where I only have to leave 10mins before the meeting time!

Quailboy
27th November 2008, 07:01
Yep, seeing you lot soon! :sweatdrop

PirateJafa
27th November 2008, 07:05
What kind of godless hour of the morning is this.

Ragingrob
27th November 2008, 07:12
What kind of godless hour of the morning is this.

Didn't even know 8 in the morning existed!

shingo
27th November 2008, 07:16
Didn't even know 8 in the morning existed!

Tell me about it. I still have to ride down the southern in morning traffic too :bash:

Ragingrob
27th November 2008, 07:22
Tell me about it. I still have to ride down the southern in morning traffic too :bash:

Shouldn't be much traffic on the Southern southbound. The Northwestern citybound might be shit though lol.

See ya there. :wari:

GSXR Trace
27th November 2008, 09:32
I hate you all! how the hell do you keep getting days off work to ride... what jobs do you boys have???

Ive already been in the lab this morning, and waiting for a cycle and then will be back in there before rushing home to get motorbike gear and head to Manukau. Damn you all! :devil2: :Pokey:

motorbyclist
27th November 2008, 12:52
what is that?

get as many nerds with "battleworthy" computers as possible to fit in your flat, get everything networking appropriately, get everyone to have installed, patched (and cracked) the same game and then maybe actually have a big multiplayer session of that game with minimal lag and an "intense" atmosphere

'course sleep deprivation can take it's toll after a few days and things tend to fall apart.

:corn: did i hear parts??

mmm parts are good.

parts? where?!

dibs on the carbies!

Choco
27th November 2008, 14:38
Thanks for a great ride guys awesome to catch up with a fe wold faces and even meet some new ones! Piccies coming soon...

Choco
27th November 2008, 15:50
Piccies as promised!

Choco
27th November 2008, 15:52
Piccies continued...

Ragingrob
27th November 2008, 18:28
Sweet ride guys, amazing weather and a good bunch of guys. Interesting road... Took a knock to my confidence when the front slipped a bit on the gravel lines. I'm sweet with gravel, and sweet with tarmac, but when there is tarmac with lines of gravel in the middle of the lane it sucks!

Some of the melted tar on the way back was damn slick too haha!

Chur chur.

Quailboy
27th November 2008, 18:54
Awesome ride guys, cheers!

Haha yeah those gravel lines are nasty, especially when your cranked right over and committed to turning. Not to mention massive dips and ridges everywhere.

Good to meet all of you.

TOTO
27th November 2008, 21:51
Brilliant ride today falks. Was nice meeting you old and new friends.

next time I got in mind going down sh22 and then another 40k of other unexplored twisties.

any takers for next week some time - maybe wednesday...

Sorry me and jafa had to shoot in the middle, but it was worth it - you should see how I got my nails done at the bike show. I'll take you to have your nails done after the next ride if anyone is keen. ;)

Coco nice pics.

shingo
27th November 2008, 22:40
Mint ride guys, i'm starting to like sh22, specially when riding it in a northerly direction.

Choco, when you reckon you'll be able to upload some of the video you took?

Ragingrob
27th November 2008, 22:44
Mint ride guys, i'm starting to like sh22, specially when riding it in a northerly direction.

Oh no! Not my horrible lines haha! I shed a bit of the rust on the way back and hit the corners a lot better thankfully :woohoo:

shingo
27th November 2008, 22:48
Oh no! Not my horrible lines haha! I shed a bit of the rust on the way back and hit the corners a lot better thankfully :woohoo:

Mine weren't that great either on the way down, the main reason i want to see the vids is to hear what my bike sounds like when you're following it.

TOTO
27th November 2008, 22:55
Mine weren't that great either on the way down, the main reason i want to see the vids is to hear what my bike sounds like when you're following it.

BLOOOOOOOOOODY LOOOOOOOOOUD :Punk:

Choco
28th November 2008, 07:49

The sound quality is pretty crap i'm affraid due to lack of duct tapes <_<

I only got like 5 mins of video because i wanted to take photos too, i'll chuck it up on YT this arvo

discotex
28th November 2008, 19:35
any takers for next week some time - maybe wednesday...

You read my mind :)

Was just thinking today that I should take Wed off and go for a ride. MetVUW forecast is looking good.

TOTO
29th November 2008, 21:32
You read my mind :)

Was just thinking today that I should take Wed off and go for a ride. MetVUW forecast is looking good.

I'm in the process of getting rid of my wednesday working day, and I think it may happen this week. will give you a shout.

Choco
30th November 2008, 21:42
Sorry it's so late folks! :dodge:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/knHcOkMJR_Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/knHcOkMJR_Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shingo
30th November 2008, 21:57
SH22 Thursday 27th November 2008 RagingRod on his VFR400 Silver Surfer, Shingo on his Beastly VTR250 and away in the distance wearing yellow, Pirate Jafa Captaining his VFR400.

:killingme:killingme

Choco
30th November 2008, 22:04
:killingme:killingme

:sweatdrop
Better fix that....

TOTO
30th November 2008, 22:19
:sweatdrop
Better fix that....

na , leave it :D