PDA

View Full Version : UK study says women are sexually aroused by the sound of big, revving engines…

Cajun
27th November 2008, 13:27
Right, if there ever was a reason to fear the oncoming age of electric bikes and fuel cells etc., it’s the results of this study that was recently conducted in the UK. While the study was actually about cars, we think it may be equally relevant for bikes…

Psychologist David Moxon studied the responses of 40 people, measuring their testosterone levels before and after they heard the sound of Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, and Volkswagen engines revving. Testosterone levels rose dramatically in all the women after hearing the Maserati, while T-levels in all the women dropped after their heard the VW Polo. The men seemed to prefer the Lamborghini, with T-levels rising in 60% of the men after hearing the Lambo.

‘We saw significant peaks in the amount of testosterone in the body, particularly in women. Testosterone is indicative of positive arousal in the human body, so we can confidently conclude from the results that the roar of an engine actually does cause a primeval physiological response in females,’ says Moxon. This was true even for those female participants who weren’t particularly interested in cars at all, he added.

Hmmm… so a couple of things then. Whatever you do, don’t drive a VW Polo – try getting an MV Agusta F4 CC or Ducati Streetfighter instead. And then, to make sure your screaming inline-four or booming v-twin is doing its job properly, start visiting your local Yoshimura / Akrapovic / Muzzy / Termignoni / Vance & Hines / Arrow dealer outlets now…

----
stolen from --> http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/11/uk-study-says-women-are-sexually.html

Mom
27th November 2008, 13:33
Right, if there ever was a reason to fear the oncoming age of electric bikes and fuel cells etc.

I plead the 5th ammendment and refrain from commenting :o

ManDownUnder
27th November 2008, 13:40
I plead the 5th ammendment and refrain from commenting :o

Come again???

Jacko2
27th November 2008, 13:45
Oh No! I must be an English Woman.
(that explains a lot)

Trudes
27th November 2008, 17:33
I remember sitting in one of the new RX7s when it was started, that made me "tingle" all over, also the time I drove a Viper definitely got me a bit excited. But a big twin (especially a Ducati) definitely does something to me, that's why I so enjoy sitting behind Number One instead of in front of her when we go for rides... prrrrrrrrr!!!
Did anyone see Jono's New Show when Jo Cotton sat on a (Quad I think it was) bike at Big Boy's Toys? Now that was funny!!!! :laugh:

EJK
27th November 2008, 17:37
First I hated the sound of the Ducati's Dry Clutch but now I kinda like it... :whistle:

piston broke
27th November 2008, 18:38
shit we need to import some more uk lasses then.
i have the duc and a coupla v8's,and still no action. :weep: :oi-grr:

MIXONE
27th November 2008, 18:42
shit we need to import some more uk lasses then.
i have the duc and a coupla v8's,and still no action. :weep: :oi-grr:

Sorry mate it increases their testosterone.It doesn't blind them!!!

piston broke
27th November 2008, 18:52
cheers for that.:hug:

piston broke
27th November 2008, 18:58
hmmmm,so where to find,blindfolds,rosey tinted glasses or paper bags

MotoGirl
27th November 2008, 19:15
Phew, so it's OK to get turned on my RSVR then :whistle: I still turn into a gooey mess every time I hear it. I'm exactly the same if I hear a big V8.

Lilly2w
27th November 2008, 19:31

Wods of cash will usually work as a subsitute for any of those things, check out the hef!

mstriumph
27th November 2008, 19:37
I remember sitting in one of the new RX7s when it was started, that made me "tingle" all over, ............. :laugh:

My '72 Bonneville did it for me :love: ........... somehow the Yammi just ain't the same :mellow:

scumdog
27th November 2008, 19:37
Come again???

She probably will when she hears the right bike....:msn-wink:

Number One
27th November 2008, 21:53
mmmmmmmmm coulda told them that for a mere pitance of what the 'research' told them. I prefer the growly ones!!! TL1000S are my all time fav for that type of 'fun'

a big twin (especially a Ducati) definitely does something to me, that's why I so enjoy sitting behind Number One instead of in front of her when we go for rides... prrrrrrrrr!!!
Did anyone see Jono's New Show when Jo Cotton sat on a (Quad I think it was) bike at Big Boy's Toys? Now that was funny!!!! :laugh:

:lol: I saw that - too funny...as for wanting to always go behind me :hug:

Fatjim
27th November 2008, 21:58
Well that just shows how unattractive I am to the opposite sex. My bike is the horniest sounding bike you've ever heard, period. Even Jimbo and Tazman excreted a little tonight. And I'm getting no extra action at all.

Number One
27th November 2008, 22:01
Well that just shows how unattractive I am to the opposite sex. My bike is the horniest sounding bike you've ever heard, period. Even Jimbo and Tazman excreted a little tonight. And I'm getting no extra action at all.
To be fair - it was turned off when I saw it and before that you were behind me so I couldn't hear anything over my own growl

piston broke
27th November 2008, 22:01
my 600 needs a bit of growl (er) on the pillion seat:innocent:

Swoop
27th November 2008, 22:03
This is going to be veeeeeeeeeeery handy tomorrow, when it is presented to a VW Polo driving workmate.:done:

Skyryder
5th December 2008, 20:37
Seem to recall something about guys who ride bikes lose their sex drive and the woman get tuned on by sound of thump motors. Ya just cant win.:beer:

Skyyrder

Swoop
5th December 2008, 21:12
That was hugely entertaining! The Polo driver at work was NOT impressed!!!:rofl:

He was seen later that day, surfing TardMe for a vintage Merc that he had "always wanted"...:shifty:

wbks
5th December 2008, 21:31
So its been established that the v-twin thumpers are "good". But what about the good ol' IL4? Or V4?

98tls
5th December 2008, 21:35
Ive no doubt,English women consider red bands more feminine than knickers and have been known to refer to them as cut-offs.:weird:

true-to-life
21st December 2008, 16:53
the roar of an engine actually does cause a primeval physiological response in females,

----
stolen from --> http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/11/uk-study-says-women-are-sexually.html

I wondered if there was scientific jargon explaining my overwhelming feelings of :sweatdrop

Trudes
21st December 2008, 17:28
Hubby started up his bucket yesterday and I jumped on to see how the new seat felt..... well bugger me! Attach a dildo and that thing could bring hours of pleasure... even without an attchment it was quite pleasurable.... made me think of Number One and how much she'd like it!! :blip:

Coyote
21st December 2008, 17:30
I still think electric bikes may have a chance if they're aimed at high performance:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDHJNG2PngQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GDHJNG2PngQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pete376403
21st December 2008, 21:48
Hubby started up his bucket yesterday and I jumped on to see how the new seat felt..... well bugger me! Attach a dildo and that thing could bring hours of pleasure... even without an attchment it was quite pleasurable.... made me think of Number One and how much she'd like it!! :blip:

What brand is it - Sybian??

kevfromcoro
21st December 2008, 21:56
Must be true. had a girly on the back once...
and evertime i put the power on . she grabbed me by the old fella,,
so we went fast everywhere,.

KEV

Redmoggy
30th December 2008, 22:16
Take a 60's 650 triumph twin,strap female of choice to the back and keep the revs between three and six thousand. Try it!!

MarkH
1st January 2009, 19:49
Right, if there ever was a reason to fear the oncoming age of electric bikes and fuel cells etc.

Pfffft, I'd wager good money that more women have been brought to orgasm by electric motors than petrol powered ones by a large margin!

98tls
1st January 2009, 19:53
Pfffft, I'd wager good money that more women have been brought to orgasm by electric motors than petrol powered ones by a large margin! Fisher/paykel springs to mind,all they gotta do is off-set the load a bit to get em rockin.

mashman
2nd January 2009, 17:31

It's called Lambrusco!!!