PDA

View Full Version : Gutless pw50

barty5
28th November 2008, 08:31
Play on words i know but iahve checked clutch wear and its within spec the thing starts first kick runs well and gose ok on the flat but as soon as it get to a small incline it slow to a complete stop revs just feels like the clutch is slipping??? any ideas kids want to ride it again.

Conquiztador
29th November 2008, 20:59
Play on words i know but iahve checked clutch wear and its within spec the thing starts first kick runs well and gose ok on the flat but as soon as it get to a small incline it slow to a complete stop revs just feels like the clutch is slipping??? any ideas kids want to ride it again.

Can't remember the motor setup, but if she has a wet clutch? then perhaps wrong oil? Car oil does that to them.

barty5
29th November 2008, 21:12
it say use 10-30 sae which is what its got in it im starting to think its just not getting enough power out as i found a web site had a read atried it with out the muffler ran heaps better so going to try that avenue next.

FJRider
29th November 2008, 21:31
The clutch plates...if it has any...centrifical clutch and all that. If it does have any, take them out and rough them up with a bit of coarse sandpaper and try again

Conquiztador
5th December 2008, 22:40
it say use 10-30 sae which is what its got in it im starting to think its just not getting enough power out as i found a web site had a read atried it with out the muffler ran heaps better so going to try that avenue next.

Your muffler is clogged up! She can't breathe. You need to clean it out. Costic soda does the trick. Plugg the muffler and fill up with costic soda (watch your hands and eyes, dangerous stuff!!) leave inside for 24 hours, then flush out with water and U be away!

tri boy
6th December 2008, 13:28
Also check the exhaust port. Buggars can close up to the size of a pin prick if cheap two stroke oil has been used.