PDA

View Full Version : Tubeless tyre fitting?

CookMySock
29th November 2008, 07:28
Ok I got some chinese slicks from newmanz, and buggered if I can get the rear tyres to mount the bead and inflate. It's like they are the wrong tyre for the rim or something. Even some bead sealant didn't help. The fronts were fine - just blow them up.

I don't want to put tubes in them unless I have to. Any ideas ?

edit: we might go down to the track later today if anyone wants to come over for a look/ride/toke.

Steve

DELLORTO
29th November 2008, 08:04
why'd you get chinese tyres??

erik
29th November 2008, 08:13
More air more quickly + some soapy water to help them slip.

You've taken the valve stem out, right? And you're using an air compressor to inflate them?

Leyton
29th November 2008, 08:46
*DISCLAIMER* : This is fricken crazy but people do it...

Old bush trick, Spray a little engine starter in the tube, light. BOOF! Tyre inflated.

I have never done this... but if your mad it may just work..

I will not be responsible for injury hehe

Leyton

CookMySock
29th November 2008, 09:13
why'd you get chinese tyres??They're cheap and they last and they will do us learners for now. $40 compared to $100

More air more quickly + some soapy water to help them slip.

You've taken the valve stem out, right? And you're using an air compressor to inflate them?Yes, and yes. That works good, until we put the stem back in to inflate them permanently, then we're back to step one. We managed to get them inflated ONE TIME ONLY and headed for the water bath to look for leaks - didn't even make it to the water bath before it had deflated completely. Yet the fronts mount and inflate perfectly.

LOL engine starter.. :shit: That will take your fingers off!

Steve

BigAl
29th November 2008, 09:38
Hey Db,
I would guess that your valve is leaking, can you inflate in water bath to confirm?

CookMySock
29th November 2008, 13:20
Hey Db,
I would guess that your valve is leaking, can you inflate in water bath to confirm?Nah its coming out around the bead, bro.

Steve

erik
29th November 2008, 13:58
They're cheap and they last and they will do us learners for now. $40 compared to $100

Yes, and yes. That works good, until we put the stem back in to inflate them permanently, then we're back to step one. We managed to get them inflated ONE TIME ONLY and headed for the water bath to look for leaks - didn't even make it to the water bath before it had deflated completely. Yet the fronts mount and inflate perfectly.

LOL engine starter.. :shit: That will take your fingers off!

Steve

So you got the beads to mount and pop (loudly) in place then? From your first post I thought you were having a problem with that.
If the beads have popped into place and it's leaking, I'd guess there must be damage to either the rim or the bead.

Hah, I just noticed what forum this is in. I thought you were talking about your Hyosung before.

CookMySock
29th November 2008, 15:23
So you got the beads to mount and pop (loudly) in place then? From your first post I thought you were having a problem with that.
If the beads have popped into place and it's leaking, I'd guess there must be damage to either the rim or the bead.No the beads wont mount and stay mounted. No pop! It's like they are the wrong tyre for the rim. Tyre and rim brand new.

Hah, I just noticed what forum this is in. I thought you were talking about your Hyosung before.Uh huh. Nup. Little race bikes. I wouldn't really be keen on mounting a road tyre on a 650 - I'd do it if I were forced to. I've taken my rear road wheel off and up town to get a tyre changed and refitted the wheel myself, but not a front one.

Steve

Ray LeCheminant
5th December 2008, 20:48
Tomorrow is operation MOUNT SAVAS on ZPF RIMS - I hope my experience is better than your dude.......

Apparently plenty of LUBE and a GOOD BLOW should do the job!!!!
:lol:

1 Free Man
5th December 2008, 22:36
Nah its coming out around the bead, bro.

Steve
SUPA GLUE that will stop the sucker leaking. Or gorilla snot. From mega 10 in a cartridge.
You need to think outside the square Man.

CookMySock
6th December 2008, 05:19
SUPA GLUE that will stop the sucker leaking. Or gorilla snot. From mega 10 in a cartridge.
You need to think outside the square Man.LOL we would never get the bitch off, bro. Nah I just stuck a tube in it - not the best but the wheel is round now and seems to be staying that way.

Steve

SlideMoto
7th December 2008, 12:06
To be honest, I'd stay away from most of those shit chinese tyres. The Savas Greg sells out of Wellington are micky and cheap. Never had a problem with them beading up either.

Ray LeCheminant
7th December 2008, 21:29
SAVA's went on like a dream....popped like a dream....

Trick - get the rims powder coated ($15.00 and prevents leakages through porous rims)- a little dish washing liquid...no stress

I was literally fearing doing this, but real please with the result

...and as SlideMoto suggests - got them from Greg in Wellington - delivered next day