PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-balance rear tyre?

Leyton
29th November 2008, 13:14
Hello

Are the chinease tyres oftern known to be a little off balance when one picks up the back of the bike and spin the tyre ?

Is it fine to ride it like this ?

I replaced the inner tube, I was wondering if there is a trick with mounting the tyre.

I noticed a little extra rubber on one side of the tyre on the inside.., is that to counter the valve ?

Leyton

cowpoos
29th November 2008, 16:22
pictures please...and what can you see that makes you think its out of balance?? you didn't bend the rim getting the tyre off did you?

Leyton
29th November 2008, 17:34
Yeah pictures could help, Nothing is bent at all.

If there was a correct proceedure for balacing the wheels someone would have posted by now :) Hopefully hehe

I will post a pic when I pull the tyre of next :P Not anytime soon! ehhe

They are hard to get back on :P

BigAl
29th November 2008, 19:35
Hey Leyton,

You want to be running tubeless on the B1. Also the chinese rims don't often run true. I'm about to try a third front rim on my Polini rep as there is up and down play.
Try fitting a tubeless valve and refit tyre.

Leyton
30th November 2008, 07:57
Cheers BigAl

Thats some reasurence :)

Leyton

BigAl
30th November 2008, 19:22
Drop me a PM if you have further probs Leyton as I'm in Ham and I remember when you used to race the D2.

Leyton
30th November 2008, 20:21
Cheers dude :)

I was going to show up at the agm at 1pm but I had someone looking at purchasing a car, he supposed to have been there at 12 but never turned up ever!. The bikes coming along nicely :) I made a little bracket for the front fairing and painted a number on the front :)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6382/minibike3bz3.jpg

The rear fairing is off at the signwriters, they are wipping me up a #

Be good to get out and have a play again :) No reason why I cant acually do a season this time..