PDA

View Full Version : Bike paramedic shot treating accident victim

Bob
6th December 2008, 01:20
A motorcycle paramedic was shot at with a BB gun as he attended to an emergency call.

The Rapid Response paramedic felt his helmet being struck by pellet from the gun, as he treated a man who had fallen from a lorry in Watts Road, Portsmouth., UK on 3rd December.

PC Steve Webber said: "We are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident or who knows who may have shot the pellets to come forward “To target the emergency services whilst they are treating an injured person is truly shocking."

Anyone with any information regarding this incident should contact PC Webber at Fratton police station on 0845 045 45 45 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

NordieBoy
6th December 2008, 07:04
BB or bit of gravel off a passing tyre?

roy.nz
6th December 2008, 07:15
Thats nothing try getting called to an emergency being mugged and beaten then having your ambo stolen whilst you lay all injured and fucked. Only in S. Africa. :2guns:

scracha
6th December 2008, 08:52
BB or bit of gravel off a passing tyre?

The road workers don't leave gravel all over the roads in civilized countries.

Bob
6th December 2008, 22:51
The road workers don't leave gravel all over the roads in civilized countries.

Funny you should say that... riding to work recently, one of the roads on the way in was covered in gravel. So I rang the relevent council to report it - cleared up inside 24 hours.

Well worth doing - I used all the right words "if a cyclist or biker had to brake hard on that, it would cause them to have a potentially serious accident" and so on.

NordieBoy
7th December 2008, 07:48
Yep. All they need to do is run the sweeper over it. You'd think they would know this...

scracha
9th December 2008, 17:53
Funny you should say that... riding to work recently, one of the roads on the way in was covered in gravel. So I rang the relevent council to report it - cleared up inside 24 hours.

Well worth doing - I used all the right words "if a cyclist or biker had to brake hard on that, it would cause them to have a potentially serious accident" and so on.

Try doing that over here and you'd be on the phone 10 times a day. The attitude in NZ is that it's our own fault for being stupid enough to ride a motorcycle.