PDA

View Full Version : Question about UoA

R6_kid
8th December 2008, 13:45
General Education...

Is UofA still making students do GE papers in their first year? Looking at the website it would appear so, but all the info relates to 2006 (when it was introduced).

Trying to arrange my enrolment for summer school and first semester.

swee
8th December 2008, 14:02
You can take them whenever, the only papers with requirements will be the stage 2 and 3 papers. You would probably be best off spreading the GE papers in your 2nd and third year as they are real easy, therefore offsetting the higher work load from your stage 2 and 3 papers. This is for commerce btw..

Squiggles
8th December 2008, 14:59
A couple of degrees make you take them in 1st year (e.g. When going for med, you do one in the first year, and they do some bs med GE in their 2nd/3rd year). But for the most part nah.

Magua
8th December 2008, 17:28
General Education...

Is UofA still making students do GE papers in their first year? Looking at the website it would appear so, but all the info relates to 2006 (when it was introduced).

Trying to arrange my enrolment for summer school and first semester.

Are you carrying on the same degree you were enrolled in when we were doing Physics together? If so, check out the deadlines for transition students. I think a BSc needs to be completed by the end of 2010.

Jahdafario
8th December 2008, 22:04
If you're doing business, bCom, You can do those GE papers any time, I recommend 2nd or 3rd year when the papers become quite hard and you have an easy gened paper in the mix to dampen things down a bit,

If you're doing a structured degree as mentioned above like in business BBIM, then you will be taking those papers when the course recommends you take them,