PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Mt Welly bikes...

DELLORTO
9th December 2008, 19:40
i thought it might be cool to put the bikes that race at mt wellington into order of HP from most powerful to least powerful,

1.tims zpf with bzm motor 11hp
2.bretts banshee 9-10hp
3.peters grc midi 8-9hp
4.tims polini 910 6.2hp
5.and paddies old zpf, alans grc rep and geff's grc rep [when its going :sweatdrop}
6.alans b1, nic's b1 and my polini 910 5hp are all about even
7.kellys dad's grc 4.2
8.conors zpf 4hp
9.the other b1's lying around :scooter:
10.the daytona clang 30 members strong lol lol

please add more if ive forgotten. cheers

BigAl
10th December 2008, 07:01
Is that why they are so fast:yes:

DELLORTO
10th December 2008, 07:54
alan do you reackon your b1 is faster than nicks b1?? do you think i have the placings right?

BigAl
10th December 2008, 13:21
I would say that Nics B2 is just as fast as my GRC rep, it really honks!:sweatdrop

racefactory
10th December 2008, 20:48
man you guys should have seen my B1! Waste up all that 'euro trash'! FORCE 39cc CHINA.

No of course not but it was nearly pushing 10hp and was an absolute weapon. lot of work...

racefactory
10th December 2008, 20:53
Btw- where can i buy a banshee GRC rep in NZ? HAvent seen em anywhere for sale even tho some of you chaps have them... . good bikes- the best that china has to offer for sure.

DELLORTO
10th December 2008, 22:29
my polini would have no trouble putting your b1 in line :spanking: lol and banshee's arent that rare ive seen a few on trade-me lately.....keep your eyes peeled..:msn-wink:

racefactory
10th December 2008, 23:05
It was a seriously fast B1 actually. It was the ex race bike of a guy who builds and mods all these engines for the wellington minimoto guys... sava tyres stuck like shit to a blanket, front wheel flying in the air and a real slut of a powerband...

As for banshees- all I have seen is the ''banshee 2'' which is just a banshee frame with a ZPF rep motor and inferior brakes plus. The real banshee has good welds, better brakes and a weapon of a polini series 2 rep motor... the finest motor to come out of China. good piece of piece of kit.

BigAl
11th December 2008, 07:12
It was a seriously fast B1 actually.

What happened to Jasons bike? You should bring them to the track TM900.

racefactory
11th December 2008, 08:18
What happened to Jasons bike? You should bring them to the track TM900.

unfortunately had to sell it. would have loved to.

xtreme
11th December 2008, 21:44
Hi
Trademe900 your B1 was a killer of a bike , Max , Im afraid it would beat your bike as it was an ex Team Xtreme import with an Orange Chinese engine.

Trademe900 , I have 2 of those polini rep powered Banshee's almost here and will be for sale in the new year.
They have a higher price tag but if your interested email me , greg.o@xtra.co.nz

Cheers , Greg
Xtreme Minimoto Wgtn

racefactory
11th December 2008, 23:24
hey greg cool thanks for that. Will have to get saving my pennies. Those chinese polini reps are good pieces of kit and can mod them with majority of real polini series 2 engine parts.

that b1 Yeah it was an absolute weapon i'm gutted i had to sell.

Have you guys had the troubles with ZPF rep water pump belt??

xtreme
12th December 2008, 06:10
Hi

Never had any problems with ZPF pump drive belts. Got spares here if anyone needs them.

Cheers Greg

dirtybomb
12th December 2008, 09:26
Haha 'when its going'..

Hopefully I'l get some reliability next weekend! Hope to do some testing this weekend to iron out any more faults. Then I just need to learn how to get the knee down!

DELLORTO
12th December 2008, 10:05
Hi
Trademe900 your B1 was a killer of a bike , Max , Im afraid it would beat your bike as it was an ex Team Xtreme import with an Orange Chinese engine.

Trademe900 , I have 2 of those polini rep powered Banshee's almost here and will be for sale in the new year.
They have a higher price tag but if your interested email me , greg.o@xtra.co.nz

Cheers , Greg
Xtreme Minimoto Wgtn

i know.........:(

DELLORTO
12th December 2008, 10:08
Haha 'when its going'..

Hopefully I'l get some reliability next weekend! Hope to do some testing this weekend to iron out any more faults. Then I just need to learn how to get the knee down!

you need to follow our lines, thats how i learnt dont be scared to crash jsut get leaning to your knee conects with the track.....ive got a daytona 1 now :2thumbsup so im going to try some stunt riding :cool: and if your bike dosnt go properly you are free to use it for the whole day. see you there

dirtybomb
12th December 2008, 12:48
Thanks Max, always good to have a spare bike when I'm around haha

Ray LeCheminant
12th December 2008, 12:52
Hi

Never had any problems with ZPF pump drive belts. Got spares here if anyone needs them.

Cheers Greg

Hey Greg,

If they don't break , then you will most certainly have some in stock :lol:

Ray

DELLORTO
12th December 2008, 14:46
Thanks Max, always good to have a spare bike when I'm around haha

yup its good to have a spare bike, ill like having a bike which i can try new cornering stlyes and not be afraid to crash....im planing on doing some choice wheelies aswel :clap:

racefactory
13th December 2008, 10:21
dont worry about getting your knee down . these machines can hardly get to the limit with the pegs hindering the ground clearance... you can bank them right over even in the rain it wont lose grip.

DELLORTO
13th December 2008, 10:32
if you dont ever get your knee down you will never corner as fast as everyone else,and you will always be the same skill level........

racefactory
14th December 2008, 13:57
if you dont ever get your knee down you will never corner as fast as everyone else,and you will always be the same skill level........

lol..... ^

you mean: ''if you only ever get your knee down you will never corner as fast as everyone else, and you will always just be a poser and will always be the same skill level''

No really it's about body positioning. getting knee down means jack shit. You want to get your head and shoulders down and out, weighting the outside peg- that's what matters. Knees out has fuck all weight contribution towards inside of the turn... head and shoulders are where the weight is...

BigAl
14th December 2008, 14:37
Hey Tm900,
Do you actually race a pocket bike?

I ask this because you seem to know a lot of theory and we have never seen you at Mt Wellington or a National round.

You bought a real good B1 from Jason but sold it 5 minutes later, wtf?

You could always come down to the track this Sat and show us your cornering technique:cool:

DELLORTO
14th December 2008, 18:54
........lets just not argue

DELLORTO
14th December 2008, 18:55
Hey Tm900,
Do you actually race a pocket bike?

I ask this because you seem to know a lot of theory and we have never seen you at Mt Wellington or a National round.

You bought a real good B1 from Jason but sold it 5 minutes later, wtf?

You could always come down to the track this Sat and show us your cornering technique:cool:

nicely said alan....these sorts of people do no good for the sport.....

racefactory
14th December 2008, 20:02
Lol how immature. ''ill beat you ill beat you you suck''- come on dude, what are you, 14? Lot of accusations there. Anyway I didn't mean to spark you off mate.

You also misread my post... I basically made the point that getting the 'knee down' is jack shit on it's own when it comes to cornering, but it is something that also happens when you do use right technique. In other words, there are many folks riding bikes who are hanging their arses off straining knees to touch ground with a twisted torso that's pointing right the other way. anyone who knows how to ride a bike fastish will agree with me... yes? thought so. not trying to lecture you at all, (christ im not doubitng your ability) but you made it out that your the man and the better than all if you can get your knee down (wtf?), and i don't know why people think knee down=fucking fast. Then again- i should have known better since you race them, it was the way you said it that's all.

I get my knee down on my NC30 thanks very much- these minimoto are rediculously easy to do that (again- before you open your mouth, I did not say easy to ride fast, i said knee down!!!)

Just make sure you fully read the post dude.

what do you know about me and my fucking bike... i rode it down at albany north harbour Rc car track with friends. good fun, come on were all on the same side here- my apologies where due. I'd truly love to come down the mt wellington track once in a while, money permitting, I really hope i'm still welcome there....

DELLORTO
14th December 2008, 21:08
sorry.....about that i guess your right, if you want bring your helmet to mt wellington this saturady and you can have a fang on my daytona 1 it goes like euro bike! you wouldnt know it was $100....

dirtybomb
15th December 2008, 09:27
Man, its way to easy for conflict to start on forums!

DELLORTO
15th December 2008, 11:23
its over now, your right Db alot of fights have formed lately on forums...

BigAl
15th December 2008, 11:59
I'd truly love to come down the mt wellington track once in a while, money permitting, I really hope i'm still welcome there....

Yeah course you'd be welcome TM900, the more the merrier.

Pity we won't be able to see the Yel beast run as I'd like to have gauged my B1 against it and also see how it handled as my B1 is pretty bendy with only a moderate tune.

You goin' to be there Geoff?

DELLORTO
15th December 2008, 12:11
cant wait to get my daytona 1 out on the track! its so fast im afraid it will beat you b1 boys......:cool:..........

dirtybomb
15th December 2008, 16:47
Yeah I'l be there, cant wait!

DELLORTO
15th December 2008, 17:31
my daytona has broken!...:oi-grr: keeps flooding and oiling up the plug even though im running 40:1! ill be there with my trusty polini tho :2thumbsup

dirtybomb
17th December 2008, 10:56
What modifications on the Daytona Max?

DELLORTO
17th December 2008, 10:59
it would be too fast if i modified it.............:headbang: but yes i will modify it for 2009 and then it will be unstopable! :devil2:

Jr Rota
26th January 2009, 18:00

hi max my knee never hits the ground and my speed is not to bad:)

Ray LeCheminant
26th January 2009, 18:59
my daytona has broken!...:oi-grr: keeps flooding and oiling up the plug even though im running 40:1! ill be there with my trusty polini tho :2thumbsup

Max, do the mods I told your dad about on Sunday:

1. Drill out the fuel tap - it was starving on Sunday
2. Lift the cir-clip on the carb needle to the top, or 2nd to top position. This helps heaps

You will need to read the plug and make you mind up which is better...but both of the above will help truck loads!

GT

Ray LeCheminant
26th January 2009, 19:06

Very well put Dan :first:

DELLORTO
27th January 2009, 12:54

the way you ride is a different style, if you watch minimoto racing in europe they all get their knee on the ground, not becasue it looks cool because it practical for them.....

i put my knee dwon on corners because its how i like to corner......everyone has a diiferent style......

Jr Rota
27th January 2009, 13:29
Yea that’s true:) :)

DELLORTO
27th January 2009, 13:42
i watch alot of UEM pocket bike racing.....:whistle: i copied alot of what they do......every rider that races rides differently.....theres no CORRECT way of racing minimoto theirs just lots different styles and abilities....{some more succesful than others :weep:

DELLORTO
28th January 2009, 21:51
Very well put Dan :first:

??? ive posted over 200 comments where my "very well put max' ???? hahah :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ray LeCheminant
31st January 2009, 20:38
??? ive posted over 200 comments where my "very well put max' ???? hahah :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very well put Max :Playnice:

DELLORTO
5th February 2009, 19:47
Very well put Max :Playnice:

thanks.......:banana::banana::banana:

Jr Rota
8th February 2009, 09:10
mt wellington February 7 was a good day and very very hot lol. Will see some of you at Taumarunui. :) :) :)

PS will you be on your daytona at Taumarunui Connor?

DELLORTO
8th February 2009, 19:09
mt wellington February 7 was a good day and very very hot lol. Will see some of you at Taumarunui. :) :) :)

PS will you be on your daytona at Taumarunui Connor?

he put it on trade-me.......:gob:

Z1_ZPF_BOY
8th February 2009, 20:44
yes max i did, but i have decided to race it!!! Dads got it going sweet, it's like a Rocket on steroids. lol.... i see you''ve sold your Polini, are you just gonna race your D1???:yawn:

DELLORTO
8th February 2009, 20:46
yes max i did, but i have decided to race it!!! Dads got it going sweet, it's like a Rocket on steroids. lol.... i see you''ve sold your Polini, are you just gonna race your D1???:yawn:

yes im going to race my D1........:banana: