PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington 20th of December racing

DELLORTO
13th December 2008, 12:07
This is the last racing meeting in new zealand for 2008:( so this should be the a good one!!:banana:

WHERE:kartsport mt wellington raceway on tainui road off morrin road.theres a big sign next to the gate

WHEN;saturday 20th december from 9:30am to about 4:30pm

WHAT DO I BRING? a bike of course, and protective gear, helmet {full face},knee and elbow pads,closed foot-wear [no jandals or sandals},gloves,no bare skin should be showing.

WHATS HAPPENING THERE? we are going to have races [junior and senior separate] no classes even open bikes run with daytona's!

Hope to see you all there! ill be there about 9am maybe we might get 40 bikes in senior class if you all come

also you dont need a MNZ licence! :banana:

Ray LeCheminant
16th December 2008, 20:18
Should be good, lots to go over.....clutch setup will be fun, but basically going to concentrate on getting the motor run in.
:beer:

See you all Saturday!

Ray

dirtybomb
17th December 2008, 10:29
Yeah my clutch needs setting, seems to not engage properly once the bike is warmed up. I think I'l wait till Saturday for some expert advice!

DELLORTO
17th December 2008, 10:35
bring ya helemt and race daytona!

BigAl
18th December 2008, 07:46
There is going to be a BBQ straight afterwards, just bring some bangers and a few tall stories:msn-wink:

cheers

Ray LeCheminant
18th December 2008, 08:36
There is going to be a BBQ straight afterwards, just bring some bangers and a few tall stories:msn-wink:

cheers

According to the weather man we may need a raincoat and umbrella....might be boiled snags instead...

Please - RAIN GODS - stay away!!!!!!!!

Ray

DELLORTO
18th December 2008, 09:04
it just supose to be late rain......

Ray LeCheminant
18th December 2008, 09:11
it just supose to be late rain......

Heres hoping it is....all I need is enough time to run the engine in , and get the clutch setup.....

Initial "driveway" testing is impressive .....once I got the clutch right....big leasson in clutch setup...ME FAT - Connor NOT ....different setting for clutch :Oops:

DELLORTO
18th December 2008, 10:42
riding in the rain is fun anyway.....:headbang:

Leyton
19th December 2008, 07:21
Weather appears to be good :) It will be a little breazey but thats about it till around 2pm+ when the weather is planning to make its move :)

DELLORTO
19th December 2008, 10:26
at 2pm the fun starts!......:2guns:

dirtybomb
19th December 2008, 13:06
Damn rain! Every time I decide to race! Murphy must be following me around...

DELLORTO
19th December 2008, 14:23
it will be perfect conditions in the morning and then it MIGHT rain from
from 0-1mm of rain is expected it suposed to be windy and 24 degrees so i would be suprised it the track stays wet for more than half an hour......

BigAl
19th December 2008, 15:04
I like your thinking Max, everyone think positive and hope the wind keeps the rain away.:rolleyes:

Ray LeCheminant
19th December 2008, 18:40
Connor will be ok - he's on SAVA licorice.....

But only running in, so he won;t probably get up to speed until mid afternoon anyway....

P.S The weather in Pukekohe is packing in NOW - yuck

BigAl
20th December 2008, 18:39
Awesome day today, rain stayed away, plenty of motos on the track and everyone having fun.
Big thanks also to Brett and Tim for organising a BBQ afterwards, it went down well with a few bevies.;)

DELLORTO
20th December 2008, 21:23
yup great day looking foward to my 50cc kit! :yes: watch out alan :Punk:

Leyton
20th December 2008, 21:30
Looking forward to some photos ! :)

Ray LeCheminant
20th December 2008, 22:28
How's your head Max - that was a pretty nasty tumble you took......

Today was a big learning curve for us, but we learnt a few things...so that's important.

Cheers

Ray

DELLORTO
21st December 2008, 10:14
its alright my wrist is hurting abit.......i guess thats what suffer to lean that far over! :crazy: i didnt get over-taken the whole day....:niceone:

orange
21st December 2008, 12:52
What even when you were lying on the ground?

Ray LeCheminant
21st December 2008, 15:14
its alright my wrist is hurting abit.......i guess thats what suffer to lean that far over! :crazy: i didnt get over-taken the whole day....:niceone:

Correction - Connor passed you twice.....lol..albeit you were having a rest on the grass....

Hope it gets better soon.....high sides are not that much fun!!!

Ray

DELLORTO
21st December 2008, 15:31
i triple lapped conner.........what are you trying to say??

DELLORTO
21st December 2008, 15:31
What even when you were lying on the ground?

can you please speak english...

Ray LeCheminant
21st December 2008, 15:34
i triple lapped conner.........what are you trying to say??

It was probably 5 times....but when you were laying on the grass he got ya back twice, I know it does not count....

Hope you get well soon...looking forward to the new racing season. We still have a few issues to sort out...nike in 1,000,000 bits at present...looking for the bogging down issue...we'll find it...

DELLORTO
21st December 2008, 16:40
i found out my tryes had crc on them!!1 :gob: from oiling the chain! thats why i couldnt seem to find traction.......best of luck to fixing the zpf

-max also i think my wrist is fractured im getting it xrayed tommorow...

dirtybomb
21st December 2008, 18:28
The day was awsome! Cant wait to go racing again, after some decent track time I'm addicted! Who was the guy with the telephoto lense camera? He will have some good shots of the day no doubt....

BigAl
21st December 2008, 18:58
His name was Dean, DB. He is going to send me low res copies which I'll put up on the nzmmrc site. High res copies will be available, I'll post a thread when they come through.