PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Yamaha SRX250 oil pump part, where does it goes?

jone
19th December 2008, 01:18
I have a 1987 SRX 250. I am putting in a new clutch. When I took of the side cover a small white conical shaped plastic part with a spring attached dropped out (like a pen spring in size and shape).
This part is not shown in the parts fisch or in my yamaha manual. I asked the local Yamaha dealer and it's too old he doesnt know.
It looks like a metering or pressure releive valve for the oil pump. One guy told me there may also be a check ball and I better find it before reassembly.
Does anyone know how this goes together?
I have pictures attached. or if that didnt work Email me if you think you can help me.
thanks jon
jonelaker@msn.com

Number 5
3rd January 2009, 12:51
I have a 1987 SRX 250. I am putting in a new clutch. When I took of the side cover a small white conical shaped plastic part with a spring attached dropped out (like a pen spring in size and shape).
This part is not shown in the parts fisch or in my yamaha manual. I asked the local Yamaha dealer and it's too old he doesnt know.
It looks like a metering or pressure releive valve for the oil pump. One guy told me there may also be a check ball and I better find it before reassembly.
Does anyone know how this goes together?
I have pictures attached. or if that didnt work Email me if you think you can help me.
thanks jon
jonelaker@msn.com
Try this link; http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-sr250j-1982_model8871/partslist/
It has the parts fische for the sr250 engine (and all other Jap bikes) the exploded diagramme of the oil pump/engine should help.

jone
20th February 2010, 08:51
I finally just removed this part and put it back together. It's been running fine for 700 miles????