PDA

View Full Version : Messed box (KX125)

wbks
27th December 2008, 13:02
So here's the story: kx125 was run with barely a drop of tranz oil for between 5 and 20 mins. Now doesn't go into 2nd so easily and when I try to shift into 3rd it just hits a random neutral and will absolutely not get to third. Anyone got any idea what this could be? Potential repair cost?

wbks
28th December 2008, 08:29
Really? No one?

vagrant
28th December 2008, 22:50
You may have seized or otherwise knackered a bearing or one of the sliding gear wheels, or the shift drum itself.
Have you refilled the oil?
Try working it thru the gears slowly, engine off, clutch out, and gently rocking the bike back and forward against the gears as you do it.

Either way, you are probably going to have to pull it apart and get it sorted properly. No idea on your costs. Ring your kwaka dealer.

wbks
29th December 2008, 12:46
Yea I filled the oil correctly and took it for a slow ride but it didn't make any difference besides the clutch not roaring loudly as I take off and the gears not snapping into place. Boyoboy am I going to have a talk to this "mate" who I lent it to out of my own good will for a day.

wbks
31st December 2008, 15:09
So heres the update: Turns out the sump bolt was too large and was resting on the gear aparantly. Either it was too large or the incorrect washer was in place. Either way I haven't touched the bolt since I changed the oil right before I handed it over for the ride... Kinda strange he didn't mention that he must have drained the oil and put another bolt in. Acting sketchy as he dropped it off, too. And now he isn't txting me back or answering the phone. Fishy huh