PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder head repairs

terbang
28th December 2008, 20:01
I've got a Gixxer 1100 head that needs a bit of surgery. Who is the best around Auckland to do this?
Cheers B

vagrant
28th December 2008, 22:31
Depends whats wrong with it.
Cylinder head shop by the corner of Sunnybrae road and Parity place helped out with the rebuild of my RC30 heads.
Good job and good price, but that was quite a few years ago. The shop is still there though.

boostin
29th December 2008, 03:43
I've got a Gixxer 1100 head that needs a bit of surgery. Who is the best around Auckland to do this?
Cheers B

What needs doing to it?

cowpoos
29th December 2008, 08:43
CSL camshafts in palmerston north are genrally a talented bunch.

I'm not sure about who does what in aucks though. Might pay to ring RCM performance and ask ray.

The Stranger
29th December 2008, 08:54
Depends whats wrong with it.
Cylinder head shop by the corner of Sunnybrae road and Parity place helped out with the rebuild of my RC30 heads.
Good job and good price, but that was quite a few years ago. The shop is still there though.

Another outfit that we have used several times is Engine Specialties (http://www.enginespecialties.co.nz/).

terbang
29th December 2008, 14:43
Thanks for the replies. It needs a resurface and the valves and seats could do with a bit of a tidy up (while its off). Originally removed it due to oil leaks and the head gasket surface on the head side had taken a bit of abuse at some stage (hence the oil leak).

boostin
29th December 2008, 16:24
Anywhere should be able to do that.

If you are not in a hurry for it then you might be able to send it to my old man in Albany.