PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Chiller 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

motorbyclist
1st January 2009, 11:52
Hey guys, it's time for the 3rd year of the SMC, so lets continue the SMC tradition of the friday night chiller:apint::banana:

Hey guys,come along EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT to Strata (post-grad cafe) up at Level 4 of the Kate Edgar Commons. Should be a fun hang out/chill out after a week of uni drudge. They don't care if you are post-grad or not and will not check. Really comfy couches too :yes:

When: Every Friday at 4pm
What: TGI Fridays at Post Grad for cheap piss and good company
Where: Strata (post-grad cafe) up at Level 4 of the Kate Edgar Commons
Why: Good chance to chill out after a week of work/uni and catch up with people that you would only otherwise see on rides or talk to on kb

No you don't have to be a club member and yes this place makes Shadows (the other uni bar) look like a ****hole - couches, treetop balcony, no ridiculously loud music, and they do damn fine food/coffee with some delicious gourmet pizza.

I have asked and they are fine with us not actually being post-grads, or even students. As long as we don't cause trouble it's all sweet.

parking under commons and on symonds street

seeya there!:niceone:

This post may be edited to reflect changes/cancellations, so it might pay to have a look occasionally.

on public holidays and between semesters we will still be meeting, just at a club member's place instead:)

any questions? check here first, then if necessary txt me: 0274054213

<!--This week is at Strata, 4th Floor Kate Edgar Building, City Campus

It's the big glass building on symonds street with some steel mesh on the outside - find a lift and go to the top.
-->
this week it's christmas....
<!--
This week is at Shadows
-->
<!--This week is at Narrowneck beach on teh shore
-->
<!--This week is at Andrew's place in Henderson Valley; 95 Candia Road
-->
<!--This week is at Slyer's place in Glenfield; 48 gladys ave
-->
<!--This week is at Squiggles' place in epsom
Address is 26c Mt St John Ave, Epsom ... if lost / stuck at gate txt 0212685528 , or use the gate phone to call the house!
-->

ital916
1st January 2009, 12:31
Im crashing at your tomorrow after the chiller, i want to get better at crash kart. Fucking jafa! Ill beat you yet!

PirateJafa
1st January 2009, 16:50
Pretend you stole it.

ital916
1st January 2009, 20:31
Pretend you stole it.

the main problem is the amount of conical flasks and boxes nitro that accumulate on the track haha

PirateJafa
1st January 2009, 21:48
The green ones make you go faster.

Hanne
1st January 2009, 22:09
You guys are strange :blink:

See you tomorrow

ital916
2nd January 2009, 07:06
andrew hopefully the 360 is there because I am bringing project gotham 4, it has thirty or so bikes and like eighty cars to race with and is pretty fucking cool.

shingo
2nd January 2009, 10:38
andrew hopefully the 360 is there because I am bringing project gotham 4, it has thirty or so bikes and like eighty cars to race with and is pretty fucking cool.

But don't you have to go through a career to unlock some of those vehicles. Might pay to take your HD with you if that is the case.

ital916
2nd January 2009, 14:36
But don't you have to go through a career to unlock some of those vehicles. Might pay to take your HD with you if that is the case.

na with prj 4 they are all available from teh start in multiplayer

Ragingrob
3rd January 2009, 13:33
Woohoo a new chiller thread :woohoo:

Happy new years guys :beer:

ital916
3rd January 2009, 17:59
Woohoo a new chiller thread :woohoo:

Happy new years guys :beer:

I just remembered that youll be returning/returned and then it started raining :laugh:. How appropriate. How was oz?

Ragingrob
5th January 2009, 13:22
I just remembered that youll be returning/returned and then it started raining :laugh:. How appropriate. How was oz?

Nope :p I'm in Aus for another month baby :clap:

30 degrees and sunny today :sunny:

:banana:

bomma
5th January 2009, 19:56
Nope :p I'm in Aus for another month baby :clap:

30 degrees and sunny today :sunny:

:banana:

are you as black as dushi and me yet??

ital916
5th January 2009, 20:23
are you as black as dushi and me yet??

Im akon black

bomma
6th January 2009, 21:50
Im akon black

how awesome would it be if rob came back and he was like really REALLY black!! he'd be like a miniature mr. T!!! we could get him to wear bling and give him a mo-hawk and dye his hair and get him to say things like "i pity the fool" and "stop actin like a crazy fool" :rofl::wari::Punk::lol:

motorbyclist
8th January 2009, 22:33
well i can't get a hold of him but stevo is hosting this week as i can't guarantee i'll be home

Squiggles
8th January 2009, 23:27
Im out of credit, ya could use msn fool... yep ill host, bring beer as im all out it seems :crybaby:

shingo
8th January 2009, 23:56
Im out of credit, ya could use msn fool... yep ill host, bring beer as im all out it seems :crybaby:

He loves making us waste credit texting him. Bloody telecom loser :Pokey:

motorbyclist
9th January 2009, 00:49
i went on msn and ya didn't chat back

Slyer
9th January 2009, 07:30
Squiggles is 021?

BANZAI
12th January 2009, 18:55
Everyone except Dushy, Nish and Andrew is 021. :)

Slyer
12th January 2009, 20:14
www.aussiebiker.com.au

BANZAI
14th January 2009, 09:19
http://www.netrider.net.au/

I'm on here now too, apparently most popular website for bikers in aus(but they only have similar number of members as KB LOL)

Slyer
14th January 2009, 09:26
I like their ask a police officer section. :)

rachprice
14th January 2009, 09:40
Ohhh I found a good one for you.... http://www.bikerplanet.com/?s=free_db_search&aff_id=influxgroup&aff_pg=2&aff_cp=GOO ahhaah

Slyer
14th January 2009, 10:16
Rofl theres a dating site for everything now.

Phurrball
14th January 2009, 10:26
Ohhh I found a good one for you.... http://www.bikerplanet.com/?s=free_db_search&aff_id=influxgroup&aff_pg=2&aff_cp=GOO ahhaah

ROFL - though that could be aimed at a larger part of the KB audience methinks? KB version? :blink:

*Questions how and why you know about such a thing Rach?*

Slyer
14th January 2009, 10:59
I've seen it before too, there was a Google ad, I had a look for the lulz and showed jafa.

rachprice
14th January 2009, 12:08
ROFL - though that could be aimed at a larger part of the KB audience methinks? KB version? :blink:

*Questions how and why you know about such a thing Rach?*

Yeah I found it rather hilarious!

Well completely innocent of course!
I was looking at girly leather suits and my friend sent me this spidi one that was on a motorcycle website....that just happened to be advertised there....

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/122_0610_spidi_lizard_pro_suit/photo_01.html

Under motorcyle chics....naturally i would click on it hahahah

Phurrball
14th January 2009, 13:31
(SNIPPY)

Under motorcyle chics....naturally i would click on it hahahah

Hmmm, I see what you mean. A most intriguing linky.

Cycling singles too, obviously Mr Adbot computer matching up the key words cannae tell the difference.
And, dragging it kicking, screaming and self-flagellating back on topic - where's Friday's chiller?

I'll be back and [eventually] recalling my 8 wheels worth of babysat vehicles (unless some plot thwarts my return)

Hope to see y'all then

rachprice
14th January 2009, 15:05
I've seen it before too, there was a Google ad, I had a look for the lulz and showed jafa.

bet he has an account ahah

motorbyclist
15th January 2009, 00:04
asfaik this week is at squiggles' place

BANZAI
15th January 2009, 21:57

For me or for Slyer? :bleh:

But I dont think this website works at all as proportion of motorcyclist population is not so 50:50....

Slyer
15th January 2009, 21:59
Doesn't stop hopefuls paying money.

rachprice
15th January 2009, 22:01
ah anyone....

motorbyclist
15th January 2009, 22:19
ah anyone....

dibs!

you were saying?

rachprice
15th January 2009, 22:22
dibs!

you were saying?

what dibs on all the hot biker babes on that website?

Slyer
15th January 2009, 22:25
I think you offered

Squiggles
15th January 2009, 22:34
asfaik this week is at squiggles' place

correct

let me know when you're coming and i might finally offer cold beers.

motorbyclist
15th January 2009, 22:38
what dibs on all the hot biker babes on that THIS website?

:blip:

10char

R6_kid
22nd January 2009, 17:58
Anything happening tomorrow? Free piss?

Slyer
22nd January 2009, 18:51
After seeing the traffic backed all the way to and along esmonde road I don't know if I want to come at least straight away. :bleh:

Squiggles
22nd January 2009, 21:23
After the chiller im heading for rotorua, then off to welly Sat :scooter:

motorbyclist
22nd January 2009, 23:03
chiller at squiggles' place

motorbyclist
25th January 2009, 23:28
and this coming chillar needs a venue!

motorbyclist
29th January 2009, 08:33
righto, chillar is at mine as stephen has clearly died in the south island.... well seeing as there's no 'biker down' thread perhaps they don't have internet/phones down there or something....

anyway it's BYO unless you're man enough for a tui swappa

i'll try to be home by four

Squiggles
29th January 2009, 10:17
righto, chillar is at mine as stephen has clearly died in the south island....

My feet nearly fucken did, 71k of walking :pinch:

Slyer
29th January 2009, 10:25
Chiller in the south island in Squig's tent!

Ragingrob
29th January 2009, 11:12

:bash:

When do ya get back? Btw, you've got a DR now, none of this walking shit, just ride it out!

Ragingrob
29th January 2009, 11:14
righto, chillar is at mine as stephen has clearly died in the south island.... well seeing as there's no 'biker down' thread perhaps they don't have internet/phones down there or something....

My addy is 139 Aitken St, Williamstown, Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers bro!

motorbyclist
29th January 2009, 23:46

well that'll teach ya for taking a suzuki then:bleh:

ital916
30th January 2009, 04:58

reserve me a swappa ill b there at five thirty

motorbyclist
4th February 2009, 21:03
at my place again?

shingo
4th February 2009, 21:33
Can have it at mine if you want.

Gonna bust out my 1980's slot car set and have me so good ole' slot car racin (provided it still works).

motorbyclist
4th February 2009, 21:49
sweet, that would be a welcome change of scenery

post up your address or phone number or whatever as you want it on the main post

shingo
4th February 2009, 22:01
people can pm me for my address.

Might pay to bring any beer you wish to drink too, cause there's sfa at my place.

Slyer
4th February 2009, 22:31
I'm going to be fixing the shit out of my bike all friday. Hopefully I've got it all together by the end of the day. Probably not. :bleh:

Squiggles
6th February 2009, 18:15
Missed it tonight... woops!

Hanne
12th February 2009, 12:54
This Friday we will NEED some chilling!!!!!! Anyone got a REALLY BIG freezer? :P

Squiggles
12th February 2009, 21:03
Chillaaar at mines.

we can discuss plans for Paeroa and splash in the pool.YAY pool party!

motorbyclist
13th February 2009, 11:20
tis a bit chilly for the pool isn't it?

cheers for posting it up, my internets died/went all intermittent on me (probably due to line work)

Squiggles
13th February 2009, 11:39
Turn up later rather than earlier today... Jafa, Shaun, and I will be on a mission till around 5 i'd say... You all know where the house & shed are tho..

motorbyclist
13th February 2009, 12:20
for those who don't know, they are trying to get from jafa's place out at the tip of bucklands beach, to pukekohe, and back again to stephen's.

in a cage

leaving at 3:30pm

they will be missed, but their memory cherished

Slyer
13th February 2009, 12:24
Yeaahhh... I'll be there 5:30ish

bomma
13th February 2009, 13:02
for those who don't know, they are trying to get from jafa's place out at the tip of bucklands beach, to pukekohe, and back again to stephen's.

in a cage

leaving at 3:30pm

they will be missed, but their memory cherished

unusually popular caging seems to be amongst this lot :blink: much sex-making in these car-trips me thinks.....hope prophylactics and lube are being used liberally

motorbyclist
13th February 2009, 16:49
spose i'd better get off my ass and head over there then...

Slyer
13th February 2009, 19:52
So they eventually get there at 8, just in time for me to leave..

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 18:07
jafa's place this week

macros87
19th February 2009, 18:18
what? bucklands beach?

PirateJafa
19th February 2009, 18:19
If anyone doesn't know my place, text me on 021 --- ----.

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 21:13
yep, way out the far end

Hanne
20th February 2009, 18:32
So did anyone make it out there? or were they all swallowed up by the savage teeth of suburbia trying to follow Jafa's directions of snaky side roads and accidental detours? :P

shingo
20th February 2009, 18:58
Based on the texts from Jafa's mum, "Youre friends have arrived.", "They are pulling apart your bike." I'd say they made it fine.

motorbyclist
20th February 2009, 19:03
jafa is probably only getting there now... he was getting txts from his mum saying "your friends are here and they're pulling your bike apart"

shaun is knackered, I've got a 21st i should have arrived at an hour ago, ross cbf going all the way from langholm to bucklands beach and back again in the rain, dushy is on the opposite side of the world, and the rest of the club is too lazy

speaking of whom, why aren't YOU there, hanne?

macros87
20th February 2009, 19:17
i wasnt gona attempt that one considering sense of direction and complete disregard for the existence of anything outside west and central auckland, i just wouldnt know where anything is... + theres a 21st tonight i gota go to and andrew i believe you rsvpd that you were going to said 21st!

shingo
20th February 2009, 20:01
shaun is knackered

I'm not knackered, i just cant be arsed going all the way out there to only have to come all the way back again.

PirateJafa
20th February 2009, 22:12
Well, success. At what the SMC is pretty much best at. Dismantling something and then putting together a sum total of less than what you started with. :niceone:

Real_Wolf
20th February 2009, 23:23
yeah, I have no method of transport until I get a new bike

Phurrball
23rd February 2009, 17:18
(snippitus) ross cbf going all the way from langholm to bucklands beach and back again in the rain,(snappitus)

Traffic>rain.

Together = Fail.

Hot AND wet simultaneously (in a completely non-sexual way!) is a baaaad combo.

Big Yellow plays quite nicely in the rain with Avon Storm STs and nice, large rain diverting fairing. Normally I wouldn't let it stop me - but I am enfeebled by 50+ hour weeks at work...

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 17:36
who shall host this friday?

squiggles, perhaps?

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 19:25
You guys keen for a ride coro way or any other suggestions Friday to finish at my place for the chiller?

Squiggles
23rd February 2009, 20:16
You guys keen for a ride coro way or any other suggestions Friday to finish at my place for the chiller?

I enjoy riding peak hour traffic on a friday arvo :crazy:

Slyer
23rd February 2009, 20:31
You cunts make me do that every friday. :bleh:

Squiggles
23rd February 2009, 20:44
You cunts make me do that every friday. :bleh:

Its your choice to live that side of the bridge :msn-wink:

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 21:10
I enjoy riding peak hour traffic on a friday arvo :crazy:

Psssh are you silly or what! We would do this coro during the day and end up at mine at 4 or whenever for a few beers and bbq even, then you guys can make it home after any traffic :niceone:

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 21:10
Yo Andrew I'm actually gonna be out Henderson way on Friday morning... And looks like there's a coro loop on Saturday going with some smc guys! Maybe we could organise some other kind of ride (SH16? Piha?) to end at somewhere in town so that people will actually come? Could even commence our domination of Strata for the year.

shingo
24th February 2009, 21:59
I'm up for that seen as i'll miss the saturday ride.

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 22:08
I'm up for that seen as i'll miss the saturday ride.

Mint :woohoo:

And yeah weekday riding rocks anyway :Punk:

So Shaun since you're a local, what's the best option for a ride on a Friday out that way?

shingo
24th February 2009, 22:29
Could go up 16 and hit woodcocks as well, otherwise we could ride all the roads in the ranges. But Andrew knows them better than me since he pracitcally lives on them.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 23:09
right, i shall see about strata's hours this friday but i'm doubtful....

what's more, is i have to be in parnell for a work meeting from 10 to 11am

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 23:12
right, i shall see about strata's hours this friday but i'm doubtful....

what's more, is i have to be in parnell for a work meeting from 10 to 11am

True didn't think about hours... Hmmm... Just noone other than you Andrew will be keen for Karaka haha not this week anyway... Maybe we could call a ride north/west in the arvo and then go hassle Stephen when he finishes work.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 23:14
right, moving chillar to "shads, stephen's, or my place"

i think shadows might actually be a half decent idea

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 23:18

Hear hear! Although with all our gear lol? :apint:

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 23:42
hasn't stopped us before when strata kicks us out

Jahdafario
25th February 2009, 11:35
gear shmear, we'll put it wherever we want,

so friday coro or some westy route? I;d rather Coro thru Miranda,

and:

sounds like a plan! :third:

looks to be a friday ride anyway, see the chiller thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1951732#post1951732)

hold your horsedidilyorses, i checked my real shitty but somehow accurate waether report on ipod and it said saturday=shitstorm, friday=clouds, so sat. will prolly be way outta the q., and friday, im keen, clouds r good

i might copy and paste this to chiller thread

Jahdafario
25th February 2009, 12:11
So
Meet: Botany BP (map provided) - its the green dot - its on Corner of Ti Rakau drive and Chapel Road
At: 10.30am
Going: 1/2 loop special stage reverse, Whitford, Maraetai, Kwakakwaka, Kaiaua, Miranda, Koopu, Hikuais, Coroglen, whitianga, Coro township, thames, koopu, back home, (the green line)

blue line is SH1 North shore and getoff on the Howick/Pakuranga eastern arterial, I know everyone in NZ knows where Howick and Botany is . . . . right?

sweet,

copied to ride/chiller thread

Ragingrob
25th February 2009, 12:21
So
Meet: Botany BP (map provided) - its the green dot - its on Corner of Ti Rakau drive and Chapel Road
At: 10.30am
Going: 1/2 loop special stage reverse, Whitford, Maraetai, Kwakakwaka, Kaiaua, Miranda, Koopu, Hikuais, Coroglen, whitianga, Coro township, thames, koopu, back home, (the green line)

blue line is SH1 North shore and getoff on the Howick/Pakuranga eastern arterial, I know everyone in NZ knows where Howick and Botany is . . . . right?

sweet,

copied to ride/chiller thread

What time do you expect to be back to Auckland?

Jahdafario
25th February 2009, 12:35
What time do you expect to be back to Auckland?

far too late,

but i got din dins at 7, so i need to be back 5.30ish

i am all down for leaving earlier, 8, 8.15?

motorbyclist
25th February 2009, 13:38
meeting postponed, so i'm free all day friday

Ragingrob
25th February 2009, 20:27
meeting postponed, so i'm free all day friday

Oh yeah? Keen for a fix-it leading onto a ride leading onto some beers? :woohoo:

I know I am!

shingo
25th February 2009, 20:45
A fix-it to fix what? Would mess with the idea of hitting the coro a bit.

macros87
25th February 2009, 21:37
i am sure people would find things that needed fixing :) so it would not be a waste...

motorbyclist
25th February 2009, 22:10
yeah could work on bikes in the morning

zzzbang
25th February 2009, 23:53
isnt it better to do the coro loop clockwise? me and a friend did it saturday before paeroa, there was alot of mudslides on the lane closest to the mountain, outside lane was mostly clear though.

Ragingrob
26th February 2009, 08:17
A fix-it to fix what? Would mess with the idea of hitting the coro a bit.

Gonna give the front calipers a clean and see if we can bleed my rear brake, and also see if we can do anything about the paddock stand fitting.

Hmmm coro huh? I don't think I'm up for such an effort lol.

yeah could work on bikes in the morning

Choice! As you know I'm staying in Opanuku road tonight anyway (that's near you right?) so could come round nice an early, when you wanna wake up haha?

macros87
26th February 2009, 10:28
so is that a yes on fix it day?

Squiggles
26th February 2009, 13:23
So am i hosting the chiller?

Slyer
26th February 2009, 13:49
Rob is? </tenchar>

Squiggles
26th February 2009, 13:50

Ah, its at shadows?

Ragingrob
26th February 2009, 13:51
Who knows what's going on! So far I think I'm going to Andrew's in the morning to clean our calipers, then I think we're going on a ride probably out west ways, then we're either heading towards Shadows or your place, I think... All just possible things to happen :lol:

Squiggles
26th February 2009, 14:13
Right, chiller @ Strata/Shads is the word.

Jahdafario
26th February 2009, 14:38
so a pass on coro, cos tbh, i need to get insurance and some crash bungs first, so yeah, i might pussy out and go kayaking :O

Ragingrob
26th February 2009, 17:16
See y'all at strata tomorrow :scooter:, I'm on my way!

motorbyclist
26th February 2009, 22:23
yep, basic fix it at my place, then ride to strata, via a scenic route

i went in today and this friday night they are having a graduate thing on, so they're open til 10pm

macros87
26th February 2009, 22:56
hey andrew how long do you think you all will be at your place? cos i gota work till 11 :(

motorbyclist
26th February 2009, 23:07
we may leave as late as 4... i wouldn't see us done til atleast noon

macros87
27th February 2009, 06:37
sweet definitley be there then

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 18:17
strata this week!

bomma
2nd March 2009, 22:21
strata this week!

err ill be starting my drinking binge after my lab at 2 so ill see you guys at shads after chiller maybe??

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 22:50
cbf waiting in the queue to enter a packed shads where we wait ten minutes for a drink and can't talk over the racket coming from the DJ

Slyer
2nd March 2009, 23:29
Shadows was awesome last week. No horrifically loud music.

Real_Wolf
3rd March 2009, 05:33
yeah, but now uni is started again, shads is gonna be overfull as usual.

macros87
3rd March 2009, 10:10
you wana get into shadows on the first friday afternoon of the first semester of the year? and you probably wana sit down too? good luck with that man!

Ragingrob
3rd March 2009, 13:19
Shad's is a definite "Fuck that shit" this week for me... See ya at Strata!

Phurrball
3rd March 2009, 15:31
No go for a quiet catch up I agree -

But is anyone else keen for a not-so-quiet anti-chiller on Thursday night at the Shads Pacific Heights and Antiform gig?

I have engineered a late start at work on Friday :2thumbsup

motorbyclist
3rd March 2009, 17:33
what time? SMCTNR might end there

Phurrball
4th March 2009, 12:37
what time? SMCTNR might end there

@ me?

Depends which part of craccum you choose to believe -

Starts at 7 or 8. I assume it won't be too late as it's at the UNiversity? Could be wrong though.

Maybe hang onto your earplugs - I love bathing in bass, but my hearing is already going...

Ragingrob
6th March 2009, 11:21
So I've got a class at 1-2 and then I'm free... Hope some of ya get there nice and early to keep me company!!!

Squiggles
6th March 2009, 12:07
So I've got a class at 1-2 and then I'm free... Hope some of ya get there nice and early to keep me company!!!

Im done at 3, want to come for a short trip over to motohaus with me?

Ragingrob
6th March 2009, 12:16
Im done at 3, want to come for a short trip over to motohaus with me?

What ya heading there for? Could be keen, unless my bike gear is still wet, therefore making anything that's in our locker wet :bleh:

See ya at the locker at 3.

Squiggles
6th March 2009, 12:19
What ya heading there for? Could be keen, unless my bike gear is still wet, therefore making anything that's in our locker wet :bleh:

Fuck, mines dry and at the bottom :2guns:

Ragingrob
6th March 2009, 12:30
Fuck, mines dry and at the bottom :2guns:

Well I hope it's soaked up the water outta mine! :clap:

I made sure I put my boots on your white lab coat too :)

Hanne
10th March 2009, 18:48
Well I hope it's soaked up the water outta mine! :clap:

I made sure I put my boots on your white lab coat too :)

Oh, the JOYS of a locker threesome... hehe come winter this will be FUN to watch!

Ragingrob
10th March 2009, 20:29
Oh, the JOYS of a locker threesome... hehe come winter this will be FUN to watch!

And now we all have hardcore gloves to fight with when we get annoyed :bash:

motorbyclist
10th March 2009, 23:32
i just secured my own locker for the year for only $20 :bleh:

sure, helmet has to lock to the outside, but it's at head height so shouldn't get knocked around too much

Ragingrob
11th March 2009, 09:59
i just secured my own locker for the year for only $20 :bleh:

sure, helmet has to lock to the outside, but it's at head height so shouldn't get knocked around too much

Where!:confused:

Squiggles
11th March 2009, 13:00
Where!:confused:

Its an engineering thing, fooken hard to get to when they start locking doors

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 14:46
i'm on the 3rd floor this time, so should be all sweet for 24hr access - though if needs be i now know how to get the access on my card

macros87
11th March 2009, 22:04
r there gona be tons of newbs at the next chiller? (no excluding me andrew) in which case are you gona attempt another shads chiller so they can make it? how did the recruiting go?

Ixion
11th March 2009, 22:06
Well you better make y' minds up fastish, you've only got a few hours.

Wait - is tomorrow Thursday or Friday here ? It's all cloudy, I can't see how many moons there are.

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 22:46
if previous years are much to go by, there wont be many newbies and shads usually has much less space available anyway

yep the chillar is at strata - if in doubt, check the first post of this thread.

i should be there about 2-4pm, then 5pm onwards

Real_Wolf
11th March 2009, 23:08
well, lots of people signed up. Of those signed up, about half were told of kb and the chiller. Of those half, well I doubt we'll see a quarter of the half (1/8th of total)

motorbyclist
11th March 2009, 23:10
so how many people is an eighth of "lots" :rolleyes:

EDIT: HOLY SHIT; 4001 POSTS! someone had better shout me a beer ;)

Real_Wolf
12th March 2009, 09:04
cause posting four thousand times is reason to get shouted a beer? Maybe you just have too much spare time while not visiting the SMC stand at uni

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 10:14
Chiller always better at Strata! Shads ya can't hear. More space at Strata too...

More expensive beer though :weep:, those $10 for 3 beers should hopefully be starting up again now though!

Danae
12th March 2009, 18:18
Hee, I'm a newb. I've been to strata before, the balcony is nice. I only know a couple of you guys on sight so I hope I can find you once I get there.

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 18:22
Hee, I'm a newb. I've been to strata before, the balcony is nice. I only know a couple of you guys on sight so I hope I can find you once I get there.

Look for leathers and helmets :niceone:

bomma
12th March 2009, 18:52
sorry guys im working so wont be making. was hoping to be there for the first one back this year.....oh well, there's always next week

Real_Wolf
12th March 2009, 21:31
lol bomma, wasn't there meant to be one last week anyway?

And yeah, should be fairly obvious, the bunch sitting roudn with helmets and beers. Depending how late you come a fair number of beers

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 21:36

i'll be sure to leave my helmet on the table

look for the guy with long blonde hair:chase:

Slyer
12th March 2009, 22:03
Look for a girl who sounds a bit like a man

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 22:03
lol bomma, wasn't there meant to be one last week anyway?

And yeah, should be fairly obvious, the bunch sitting roudn with helmets and beers. Depending how late you come a fair number of beers

Yep I've been to two chillers this season so far I think!

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:51
i'll be sure to leave my helmet on the table

look for the guy with long blonde hair:chase:

manish looking girl might be a better description when looking for you from a distance... just look for the long luscious blond hair

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 08:22
Yeah, the guy who looks like he's about 3 decades in the wrong place

motorbyclist
13th March 2009, 09:28
Yeah, the guy who looks like he's about 3 decades in the wrong place

lol i almost want to go home and get my "older than I am" footrot flats t-shirt just to qualify that

macros87
13th March 2009, 14:05
sorry guys, wont be making it tonight

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 18:25
You missed a pretty decent chiller. Totalling about 15 or so! Even a scooter rider, who wears a full face!

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 19:06
yeah, despite the scooter riders, only dush has an open face

Magua
13th March 2009, 20:12
Friday night shifts ftl. +1 for a Saturday Chiller or something.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 20:34
DENIED. </tenchar>

macros87
13th March 2009, 23:58
You missed a pretty decent chiller. Totalling about 15 or so! Even a scooter rider, who wears a full face!

wow in the time i have been associating with you guys i hv never heard anyone call a chillar decent.. i am know quiet anoyed i missed it... i remember being a scooter rider with a full face! was too ashamed to let people see more than my eyes :P

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 00:22
they're all decent!

macros87
14th March 2009, 00:24
oh no yeah, they are all good fun, i didnt mean to imply otherwise, but 15 people including scooter riders? now thats the kind of stuff i havent heard of yet in chillars (do remember my short time here in kb)

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 00:57
we had it into the twenties one night last year

if things keep up we might have to start rearranging furniture... and demanding better deals :shifty:

Danae
14th March 2009, 12:55
I concede to being the scooter rider with the full-face. XD

Hawhawhaw.

Nah it was great! I'll be back. Omg schwarzenegger -___-;;

ital916
14th March 2009, 16:39
I concede to being the scooter rider with the full-face. XD

Hawhawhaw.

Nah it was great! I'll be back. Omg schwarzenegger -___-;;

Slater - "hey, have you ever wanted to be a farmer"

Scared Bad Cop # 2 - "huh, what!?"

Slater - "Well, heres a couple acres"

*cue slater kicking scared bad cop # 2 through a concrete wall with size 15 snakeskin boots*

or

Slater in macbeth

*after slaying many royal guards with his trusty broadsword slater goes after the king*

King - Oh dear prince, shant thy be fair

Slater - Who said I was fair

*cue slater pulling out uzi and wasting everyone in the kings castle*

fuck that movie is one of the best movies of all time.

Danae
14th March 2009, 17:00
>D I must get all his movies. And all of Rambo. And Tropic Thunder.

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 17:02
Schwarzeneggar and Stallone. Can't go wrong with a combination like that, unless you're a goddamn leaf-eating hippie.

macros87
14th March 2009, 17:04
>D I must get all his movies. And all of Rambo. And Tropic Thunder.
must say tropic thunder didnt do it for me at all.. the movie wasnt that great at all, then again i had really high hopes for it since i got so hyped.. so maybe it was my own fault. just dont get it thinking youll have FUN WATCHING IT AND YOU WILL BE FINE!

Real_Wolf
14th March 2009, 17:23
Yeah, someone (club president, go squigs go), should talk to the owner/manager and ask if on fridays we can have a bit more space, since we take up so much, and produce like half their revenue for the day (Man those nacho's were AWESOME)

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 17:23
must say tropic thunder didnt do it for me at all.. the movie wasnt that great at all, then again i had really high hopes for it since i got so hyped.. so maybe it was my own fault. just dont get it thinking youll have FUN WATCHING IT AND YOU WILL BE FINE!

Fuck off, hippie.

Best movie of whatever year it was released in IMO.

HenryDorsetCase
14th March 2009, 17:35
Fuck off, hippie.

Best movie of whatever year it was released in IMO.

really........? it was released in 2008. Was it better than the Dark Knight?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_2008

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 17:44
really........? it was released in 2008. Was it better than the Dark Knight?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_2008

Yes.

Closely followed though, by the Dark Knight, Rambo (Yes, I know it doesn't have the most stunning plot, or brilliant character development, nor is it blessed with a star-studded cast. But that's not what you go to see Rambo for.), Zohan and Wall-E.

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 17:50
zohan was better than tropic thunder

dark night was probably best....

they're all good movies.... i might just give it to rambo for the last epic scene

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 17:52
talk to the owner/manager and ask if on fridays we can have a bit more space, since we take up so much, and produce like half their revenue for the day (Man those nacho's were AWESOME)

i'm onto it

macros87
14th March 2009, 18:24
somehow i see and epic no coming from the manager to andrew when he tries to get a better deal... and dude tropic thunder was nowhere near as funny as a movie with that cast should have been.. it really let me down, i agree with zohan walle and come on big stuff up on your part saying tropic thunder was the best of movie of the year the dark knight came out!

ital916
14th March 2009, 19:22
dark knight number one, then wall-e, then tropic thunder, zohan was great too.

Tropic thunder was great, I reckon people missed the point because they expected a straight up comedy. What they got was quite possibly one of the best satires on hollywood ever. "Oh father, I've been a bad bad boy"

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 20:00
Clearly you guys haven't seen Rain of Madness then.

Danae
14th March 2009, 20:12
I'll admit I only watched the Dark Knight for the joker. Sooooo farking awesome. Wall-e was great too.

zzzbang
14th March 2009, 20:25
lol maybe im the only one that fell asleep during dark knight, but the action scenes were good!

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 20:33
Too many goofs in the Dark Knight. They could've at least put a token effort into avoiding continuity errors.

It was, however, fun to watch how it observes many of the typical DC Comics conventions - guessing them before they appeared was entertaining.

zzzbang
14th March 2009, 20:53
yea, i guess they really treaded carefully when it came to following the comic. few other movies have made alot of hardcore fans very angry when it comes to following the original comic :angry:

Real_Wolf
14th March 2009, 22:55
meh, its not nearly as error-filled as some great movies.

Did iron man come out the same year as dark knight? If so, that should definetely be the best movie of the year, geez that was an awesome movie

macros87
14th March 2009, 23:35
meh, its not nearly as error-filled as some great movies.

Did iron man come out the same year as dark knight? If so, that should definetely be the best movie of the year, geez that was an awesome movie

it did actually, and i was surprised when i went to watch it and it was good... i expected shit..

motorbyclist
15th March 2009, 00:35
oooh iron man was good... provided you don't try to think too hard about the technology and physics behind it all.....

am i the only guy to have not watched wally?

motorbyclist
15th March 2009, 00:37
awesome lineup for this year:

terminator 4
transformers 2
star trek

ithink i'm going to have a new three favourite movies

ital916
15th March 2009, 07:05

terminator 4
transformers 2
star trek

Amen to that brother, those are my three favs this year too!

Danae
15th March 2009, 09:09
Traansfooormeeers 2! Aw yeah, Iron man was great. I was sold as soon as it started playing "Back in Black" in the beginning.

Edit: Sorry Andrew, I stole your Spidey Jump award. D:

Slyer
15th March 2009, 09:49
We watched the new hulk movie at the flat last night, fuck that was an awesome movie! The hulk on hulk fight was epic, he broke a cop car in half and used it as boxing gloves!!
HULK SMASH!!
Overall very well done.

Real_Wolf
15th March 2009, 11:00
really? Most of the hulk movies are "ooh, awesome" followed quickly by "omg thats boring and lame and stupid"

Ironman didn't defy physics TOO much, but then dark knight did alot worse, like "ah, theres a BIG truck following beside us, lets not speed up at all"

zzzbang
15th March 2009, 11:50
hmmm, dont forget 'i have no face but im alive anyway' :laugh:

Magua
15th March 2009, 13:04

terminator 4
transformers 2
star trek

Terminator 4? Blasphemy. The third one was bad enough.

Real_Wolf
15th March 2009, 15:10
or my favourite frmo dark knight "I can still pronounce the p and m and b and v noises" without closing my mouth

motorbyclist
15th March 2009, 22:13
Terminator 4? Blasphemy. The third one was bad enough.

the third one was some sad attempt at a family comedy or something

this is back to horror action, but post-apocalypse this time

and batman is now john connor

macros87
16th March 2009, 09:36
and batman is now john connor

should result in awesome

Metalor
18th March 2009, 21:38
Dark Knight was awesome!!

I'm STILL waiting for the LOTR set to come out on bluray. Supposed to be out late this year. LOTR in 1080p motherfucker!

PirateJafa
18th March 2009, 22:05
You planning on buying it or something? :O

Slyer
18th March 2009, 22:07
I've already got LOTR in 1080p...
(Okay I lie it's only 720p, horrible I know.)

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 09:01
:P, don't really have anything big enough that that extra 360p is worthwhile for me

Slyer
19th March 2009, 09:24
Looking forward to meeting all y'all newbies tomorrow.

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 17:48
yah coming to this chiller?

Andrew, any word on whether we can reshape the place so we can actually all fit?

Mmm, woudl love some of those nacho's about now

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 21:31
i have not had time this week to ask - and we'll see if our numbers stay sufficiently high for another week first

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 21:37
Yeah lol I wouldn't place money on having huge numbers too often! I've got some interrogating of you to do tomo Andrew, unless ya wanna jump on msn now!

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 21:39
what did i do now?!

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 21:43
what did i do now?!

Get your welder at ready, my good sir! :rockon:

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 22:01
oh yeah - jafa, buy a can of chrome paint

shingo
19th March 2009, 22:04
Can get a can from work if you want.

Ragingrob
19th March 2009, 22:08
oh yeah - jafa, buy a can of chrome paint

And those MINT brake discs from Neilus for $300 for me and I'll pay you back :2thumbsup

macros87
21st March 2009, 10:00
did something break off someones bike?

Metalor
26th March 2009, 09:38
I've already got LOTR in 1080p...
(Okay I lie it's only 720p, horrible I know.)

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Could I pleeeeeaase get a copy off you? IS it the HDTV rip that's going round the net? I think only the Fellowship was a true 720p... the others were upscaled by the tv people.

Still, wouldn't mind a copy! How big are each of em? Will they fit on a disk?

Slyer
26th March 2009, 10:47
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Could I pleeeeeaase get a copy off you? IS it the HDTV rip that's going round the net? I think only the Fellowship was a true 720p... the others were upscaled by the tv people.

Still, wouldn't mind a copy! How big are each of em? Will they fit on a disk?
Nah it's from Blu Ray I think.
I'll bring to the chiller.

Real_Wolf
26th March 2009, 15:46
heh, 16gb usb ftw

Metalor
26th March 2009, 16:12
Nah it's from Blu Ray I think.
I'll bring to the chiller.

Fucking cheers man!!

Oh, blurays aren't out for LOTR yet. Unless you know something I don't.....

Slyer
26th March 2009, 16:18
Well it's mint quality anyway.

Metalor
26th March 2009, 17:32
Not complain, would be greatful to get it at all!

Dunno if I'll make it to the chiller though as I have a test at faaaaaaaarking 6pm!! Could pop in for a beer afterwards though.

By 'pop in' I mean "POP THE FUCK IN!".

Ragingrob
26th March 2009, 17:46
Not complain, would be greatful to get it at all!

Dunno if I'll make it to the chiller though as I have a test at faaaaaaaarking 6pm!! Could pop in for a beer afterwards though.

By 'pop in' I mean "POP THE FUCK IN!".

Yeah fucken BS test huh. What room you in? I'm in PLT. I'll probably head to chiller after, if anyone's still there.

Metalor
26th March 2009, 18:32
Yea I know, I find it quite rude. What if I want to go and get pissed?!

I'm In "Hong Kong Savings Bank 1". For some reason, whenever is see 'HSB1' it makes me think of that. Maybe I just like asain girls.... HAH!

xwhatsit
27th March 2009, 12:24
Yea I know, I find it quite rude. What if I want to go and get pissed?!

I'm In "Hong Kong Savings Bank 1". For some reason, whenever is see 'HSB1' it makes me think of that. Maybe I just like asain girls.... HAH!
Well, they make good pillions for reasons of power to weight ratio. Important for 250 owners. That's my excuse for sticking with that category at the moment.

I'll be up there around 3.30pm.

Squiggles
27th March 2009, 14:13
Chillar!!!!

PirateJafa
27th March 2009, 14:29
Just waiting for the lecture to end. Augh, this is so redundant - why are you teaching us this AGAIN?

Ragingrob
27th March 2009, 16:35
Well I'm sitting outside the science block, waiting to be let into the room for the test. Hope you guys are having as much fun as me! Will call by after test see if ya there.

Metalor
27th March 2009, 18:16
Bugger, missed you guys... went to the top of that building where the deck is but no one there... except for a bunch of peeps watching a movie.
FUCKING TEST!! Pissed me off too... had to keep turning the page over back and forth, back and forth.

How'd you find it Rob? Did the turny over thing piss you off too? I got fed up with it and walked out,. HAH!

Ragingrob
27th March 2009, 19:48
Haha you found us in the end. Was the bike doing the whole bogging down thing again?

Metalor
28th March 2009, 11:24
Nah, seemed to be running alright aye.

I'm spretty sure it'll be a carb problem though. Andrew reckons it could be electrical but there's fucking all in the way of electrics on it. Unless the battery or the alternator is fucked and it's only supplying enough charge to the battery at high revs or some shit like that.

I'll ask Stephen though, he'll know.

motorbyclist
28th March 2009, 15:44
i only say electrical because what was described sounded sufficiently weird to be so.... and didn't sound much like an air/fuel issue

top end is a bit tappety too

bomma
2nd April 2009, 01:10
will there be as much sex-making at this week's chilller as there was last week?? well either way ill be there...... but sex-making is always a good draw ;)

Metalor
2nd April 2009, 10:51
Bomma! Shit mate, you're making me get my moisty on!

bomma
3rd April 2009, 11:51
Bomma! Shit mate, you're making me get my moisty on!

rawr guess there will be sex-making at this chiller :woohoo:

GSXR Trace
3rd April 2009, 12:38
what the hell have you boys been getting up to?! Or do i really NOT want to know?

Metalor
3rd April 2009, 13:32
How long you guys planning on hanging round? Was gonna come in for a bit around 4pm.

motorbyclist
3rd April 2009, 13:38
till they chuck us out

PirateJafa
3rd April 2009, 13:44
Whoever it was who decided that the perfect time for a law test should be 6:30pm on the last Friday before break should be shot.

In the nuts.

GSXR Trace
3rd April 2009, 13:46
Whoever it was who decided that the perfect time for a law test should be 6:30pm on the last Friday before break should be shot.

In the nuts.

haha! welcome to law!

motorbyclist
3rd April 2009, 15:03
welcome to the university of auckland ;)

bomma
3rd April 2009, 18:23
sorry forgot the cricket was on. was there any sex-making without me??

Real_Wolf
3rd April 2009, 19:45
um, when I got there (ran into Ross on the way there) there were 4 people, so 6 with Ross. No one else arrived after us, and it was 5 (one left) until closing time. At least we all got lovely couch seats

Phurrball
3rd April 2009, 20:04

In the nuts.

Are you taking teh 1st year law Jafa?

Masochist.

I hope my present makes you feel more betterer and less homicidal.

Hanne
3rd April 2009, 22:41
broom broom broom.
rarara motorbikes.
ra ra ra.

Hmm, that feels much better, got it all out of my system :P

(Just arrived in Freiburg now and logged on, tried to write a blog but it deleted itself >< curses on malfunctioing technology!)

Real_Wolf
4th April 2009, 00:32
were you using a mac when it deleted itself? If so I blame the computer.

had to laugh at this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-210943239.htm

at the bottom, someone asked a question about this fxr, whether it was a 4stroke or a 2 stroke, and the answer was "it is a 2 stroke and i think it goes very fast it is 6 speed and relatively high geared"

:P, apparently the 2003 fxr is a 2 stroke now </sarcasm>

Danae
4th April 2009, 15:39
LOL.

The couches at the chiller are so niiiice. I almost fell asleep, so dead tired. :banana:

Slyer
5th April 2009, 00:37
were you using a mac when it deleted itself? If so I blame the computer.

had to laugh at this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-210943239.htm

at the bottom, someone asked a question about this fxr, whether it was a 4stroke or a 2 stroke, and the answer was "it is a 2 stroke and i think it goes very fast it is 6 speed and relatively high geared"

:P, apparently the 2003 fxr is a 2 stroke now </sarcasm>
Check out the exhaust! Aftermarket or stolen from a completely different bike?

Metalor
6th April 2009, 13:50
um, when I got there (ran into Ross on the way there) there were 4 people, so 6 with Ross. No one else arrived after us, and it was 5 (one left) until closing time. At least we all got lovely couch seats

Aye? Bugger, I walked in, had a look around and couldn't see anyone so buggered off. Were you at strata? That be where i checked.

Danae
6th April 2009, 17:30
What time were you there? I was there by myself for a bit til Andrew showed up. I didn't have my gear or anything so you might not have thought I was part of the club. XD

Metalor
6th April 2009, 17:34
Haha, that may have been why. I turned up at about 4:30, had a look around for a bunch of people in jackets or with helmets at their feet, saw no one then buggered off.

Danae
6th April 2009, 17:39
Yup I was there then. XD Aw man no chiller for two weeks. We should have some sort of chiller for the holidays or something. Lol.

Real_Wolf
6th April 2009, 19:03
well... we normally do. Of course I won't be there so its questionable if its worth going (mostly cause I have no transport to said location).

In general, during holidays its hosted at someones house, usually jafa's, stephens or andrews, though occasionally other people host too

macros87
6th April 2009, 21:15
well... we normally do. Of course I won't be there so its questionable if its worth going (mostly cause I have no transport to said location).

In general, during holidays its hosted at someones house, usually jafa's, stephens or andrews, though occasionally other people host too

andrew should do it, that way it will only be 8 minutes away from my house, and i might be arsed going :)

Metalor
6th April 2009, 21:21
Bugger, I'll be house sitting that night.

Danae
6th April 2009, 22:20
Does Andrew have guitar hero? :clap:

macros87
6th April 2009, 22:34
Does Andrew have guitar hero? :clap:

im pretty sure he does not, but i dnt think that would be too difficult to rectify!