PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem on honda nv750

timetoride
7th January 2009, 11:01
Hey Guys, Trying to get my father in laws bike going after being dormant for 8 months. Got the battery and tyres all sorted but are having trouble with the clutch.:blink: I checked the master cylinder and it was basically dry with a lovely rusty ooze in the bottom so have cleaned that out and have done the slave cylinder as well. Is there a fast way to prime/ bleed the system? or do we just pump the lever till it comes out the nipple on the slave cylinder? I also think that the clutch itself may be stuck in the disengaged position as the pushrod seems to be a long way in from the slave cylinder and it wont seem to go any further. When we get the system bled will it free itself up if we put it on the centre stand and engage the bike into gear for a while or will I have to pull it to bits and free up/ replace the springs and plates. Cheers :rockon:

JMemonic
7th January 2009, 11:35
Bleeding the clutch, you can let gravity be your friend here, it takes a while but if cable tie the clutch lever about half on the fill the master cylinder with fluid. open the bottom nipple and wait, you will need to check the fluid every so often to ensure the master cylinder does not become empty.

Worry about the other once the clutch is bleed, but it could be any number of things from worn plates, to springs etc, get hold of a manual if you can so you have the specs for measuring the wear etc.