PDA

View Full Version : Current Summer School parking situation

R6_kid
7th January 2009, 12:17
I've now been in for two days at summer school and there is absolutely fuck all parking. The only parking I could currently find was on the symonds street outside the engineering buidling, BUT, there is a lot of road works so the capacity is down by about 70% at the moment and most parking is between fenced off areas so a little bit dodgy.

Anyone else doing summer school at the moment? If so where are you parking?

Squiggles
7th January 2009, 12:33
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=69345

I've been assured that come first semester, symonds street will be back to full capacity, for now id take to parking inside campus.

R6_kid
7th January 2009, 12:41
Sweetas... will have a look when i go back in later to pick up some books.

Squiggles
7th January 2009, 13:53
Sweetas... will have a look when i go back in later to pick up some books.

Must be rich if you're actually buying any... :lol:

R6_kid
7th January 2009, 14:50
Must be rich if you're actually buying any... :lol:

Are you still able to 'rent' them, or did that idea fail?

sAsLEX
7th January 2009, 15:11
pffft books? Never purchased one and got through my BE just fine!

Prak under the steps to Munchie Mart.... I always did

motorbyclist
7th January 2009, 15:42
free parking under ogg, under the big area between the quad and the science building, and behind the engineering library

toml88
7th January 2009, 17:21
Heaps of parking in Business building. Watch for stupid women drivers parking there for the tennis though.

Leaf
24th January 2009, 17:34
For those trying to park on symonds street, there are some new parking spaces that are now open on the commons side. Unfortunately they seem to have some pretty shitty tarseal.

I saw one guy picking up his scooter that had fallen over cos the stand had sunk into the seal due to the midday heat. I had a similar (though thankfully, less calamitous) experience when parking further down, outside the Thomas building. Parked at midday and came back after a few hours to see the stand had sunk about an inch into the tar. Risky stuff!

PirateJafa
24th January 2009, 20:56
I was only there for five minutes today before my stand had sunk in a good inch.

I'd advise bringing something you can put underneath the stand to prevent accidents.

Just thinking of the epic domino effect that could result. :P

motorbyclist
24th January 2009, 23:40
perhaps they will consider the long term maintenance costs and factor the cost of damage to bikes, and decide to lay a quality road surface that's up to its intended purpose?

yeah right.

Squiggles
12th February 2009, 15:30
Hi Steven,

Thanks for your email.

The problem with the high kerb will be resolved when the new road surface is laid. This new surface will be considerably higher than the present level – thus making the parking bays lower. Some temporary hot mix ramps have been laid in the meantime to assist bikes into the parks.

At present the re-surfacing is provisionally scheduled for February 26 and will take approximately 4 days. It is weather dependent.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any other queries.

Cheers,
--------------
</10char></10char>

shingo
12th February 2009, 16:59
Any chance you could post up the original letter you wrote?

Squiggles
12th February 2009, 17:09
Any chance you could post up the original letter you wrote?

Hi ---------, i have a question regarding the resealing of the M/C parks outside the University Gym.
Is part of this (or part of any future work) the installation of some form of ramps (sealed or otherwise) to allow motorcycles up the curb into the parking area?

Cheers,
Stephen

</10char></10char>

PirateJafa
12th February 2009, 17:48
Have you pointed out to them the way the stands are into the surface?

Couple of years and it'll be reduced to gravel again. :(

Squiggles
12th February 2009, 17:56
Have you pointed out to them the way the stands are into the surface?

Couple of years and it'll be reduced to gravel again. :(

Not yet, the seal is still compacting, might go have a look in the weekend to see what its like now

motorbyclist
13th February 2009, 12:14
concrete would a good solution and would not require any maintenance for a good half century or so...

perhaps they will consider the long term maintenance costs and factor the cost of damage to bikes, and decide to lay a quality road surface that's up to its intended purpose?

yeah right.