PDA

View Full Version : Ausmc 2009

R6_kid
7th January 2009, 12:18
Whats happening with the club for 2009?

Who is the chairman? Are you going to be out on show for O-week? How does one join?

Squiggles
7th January 2009, 12:35
Whats happening with the club for 2009?

Who is the chairman? Are you going to be out on show for O-week? How does one join?

Im chair & we will have a stall out during o-week, join by filling in one of the bits of paper and paying the coinage ($1 last year, might make it 2 this time around)

R6_kid
7th January 2009, 12:43
$2 :gob: thats a bit steep!

I'll keep an eye out, let me know if you want a hand with anything. Pretty keen to get involved with it all.

motorbyclist
7th January 2009, 15:43
did we ever hold that agm?

might pay to onto that

Real_Wolf
7th January 2009, 18:35
what, $2? NO WAY.

Yeah, I think i'll have to leave, thats like a 200% increase in cost.

I mean, I could get like a 600ml drink for that.

meh, guess i'll just buy you a beer at some point

Gubb
7th January 2009, 18:38
what, $2? NO WAY.

Yeah, I think i'll have to leave, thats like a 200% increase in cost.

I think you'll find it's a 100% increase.

Fuck, I hope you're not an Accounting Major.

Hanne
7th January 2009, 19:30
$1 minimum to affiliate with AUSA, $2 also buys sausages for our chillers/ barbies throughout the year

BANZAI
8th January 2009, 12:31
cant existing member get away with fees? :sweatdrop

Anyway use my photo alubums and other photos from everyones face book for sign up stand. Pity theres no G-King in the sign up stand anymore...

GSXR Trace
8th January 2009, 14:09
might actually have to come to the Oweek stalls to pay my dues this year... usually avoid it like the plague. Man that means i have to climb out of the gully!

$2... man I only joined cause was told it was only $1 a year... damn stingy uni students!

BANZAI
8th January 2009, 16:45
might actually have to come to the Oweek stalls to pay my dues this year... usually avoid it like the plague. Man that means i have to climb out of the gully!

$2... man I only joined cause was told it was only $1 a year... damn stingy uni students!

If your GSXR is at signup stand then probly Steven wont charge you coz hes a Loyal Suzuki man :)

Real_Wolf
9th January 2009, 11:52
:P, nah, i'm a physics student. I don't use percentages.

ital916
18th January 2009, 07:15
:P, nah, i'm a physics student. I don't use percentages.

fucking A, percentages are for wusses, real men use guestimates.

motorbyclist
18th January 2009, 14:08
If your GSXR is at signup stand then probly Steven wont charge you coz hes a Loyal Suzuki man :)

HA

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-198127179.htm

guess who's buying a viffer:2thumbsup

Phurrball
18th January 2009, 14:53
HA

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-198127179.htm

Not a well-cheap yellow 800 I hope ;)

BANZAI
18th January 2009, 18:29
HA

:gob:

The Orange beast leaving the SMC???

LOL@photo with Hanne. Nice sales strategy :msn-wink:

macros87
19th January 2009, 15:06
Not a well-cheap yellow 800 I hope ;)

you don't mean he is buying the one at Andrews house that screams like its gona eat somebodies children when you open the throttle do you??

Phurrball
19th January 2009, 17:12
you don't mean he is buying the one at Andrews house that screams like its gona eat somebodies children when you open the throttle do you??

I thought the people-eater was purple :lol:

I'd better retreive and detain the beast before it decimates West Auckland's juvenile population...

*I just wish the retarded Auckland showers would stop and work would pay me so I can afford gasolinas*

motorbyclist
20th January 2009, 01:21
macros, you havn't heard the TL, have you?

you can tell it's route through the city by following the trail of car alarms. seriously.

I'd better retreive and detain the beast before it decimates West Auckland's juvenile population...

*I just wish the retarded Auckland showers would stop and work would pay me so I can afford gasolinas*

yeah just txt me during the week - i'll be out for the next few days but only a few minutes from home

i've been thoroughly enjoying an angry monster sounding bike with that familiar gear-driven-cam whine, comfortable fairings and effortless maneuvering, but i think it's better reserved for cruising open road rides or gentle commuting rather than communting and tearing round tight twisty routes at mach 4

and i have 'issues' with linked brakes, especially on gravel roadworks where i know once she starts falling there is nothing i'll be able to do to stop it:crazy:

plus it's no good for doing skids, and the muffler+tunnel=wheelies:innocent:

so the longer you leave it the less gas will be in the tank:bleh:

macros87
20th January 2009, 17:15

you can tell it's route through the city by following the trail of car alarms. seriously.

nah i have only admired it from a distance, but that sounds fun, he should set of car alarms in my presence before he sells it :)

I thought the people-eater was purple :lol:

i understand you wishing for the showers to end, but i dont see why you need money for gas? i thought we both agreed just now it was children fulled?

Phurrball
20th January 2009, 17:18

I miss that Yoshi-enhanced effect of a big twin.

yeah just txt me during the week - i'll be out for the next few days but only a few minutes from home

I will be doing that. Might get you to run the beast out to my hovel [spitting out hippie Laingholm children en route], and run you home in the wagon at a convenient time.

Waiting for pay tomorrow. Have NO money.

i've been thoroughly enjoying an angry monster sounding bike with that familiar gear-driven-cam whine, comfortable fairings and effortless maneuvering, but i think it's better reserved for cruising open road rides or gentle commuting rather than communting and tearing round tight twisty routes at mach 4

I'd tend to agree (VTR250 FTW in the twists). I have it because it does everything moderately well, and I'm keen to tour a bit at some stage.

and i have 'issues' with linked brakes, especially on gravel roadworks where i know once she starts falling there is nothing i'll be able to do to stop it:crazy:

I don't mind them, but them I'm neither as advanced as you in bike control, nor do I ride as hard.

(I'm old y'know, plus Mrs Phurrball would kill for motorcycle related misdemeanors)

Bring on Honda's new pulseless ABS which actually REDUCES stopping distance as well as avoiding lockage [An expert rider can out-brake it a fraction after *6* attempts]

plus it's no good for doing skids, and the muffler+tunnel=wheelies:innocent:

You did WHAT :spanking: and mufflers cause wheelies how? (hehehe)

so the longer you leave it the less gas will be in the tank:bleh:

Hmmm, given 4 week holiday induced hyper-poverty, swift retrieval might be prudent then...

BTW, did you dad get in a ride? What were his thoughts compared to the new version??

Zim_Invader
21st January 2009, 02:42
Holy CRAP!!! I'm out of NZ for 6weeks and the TL is already up for sale? who would even think of doing such a thing! Though it "was never used, and so never seen on the road", it'll suck not having it around. Now, Dushi may ACTUALLY see it around town. besides, what did Conelius say when u broke the news to him? he couldn't have been hapy about it... it's like losing a twin for the little orange striped mascot (or ex-mascot, depending on whether banzai became the new one, which i think will need to change seeing as he plans to ditch us all this year).

Otherwise, india is good. there's soo many bikes and (obviously) bike stuff 'n parts! i'm gonna get me a new brake light, one that's prettier than the current blob on back of the V-tr(ess). it's about 300 rupees, which is like 12 bucks!!!! that's frick'n minT! i was looking at some headlights or new front ends, but they're higher up in the price range, and i don't fancy bringing them back in my ruck-sack. weight isn't my issue, it's more the inconvenient shape and the mere fact the I DON"T TRUST THEY"LL HANDLE IT WITH CARE! call me paraniod if u want, but i prefer the term "overthinker".

I saw a bit of dushi's home town. i gotta say, bangalore is one sick ass little (mildly exaggerated) place. it's cleaner than most indian cities, which is a lot. the smog is a lot thinner, and u can actually see far across in the distance. (bombay is a shit hole. the pollution is so bad! i swear, u fly over the city and u can see a thick layer of smog surrounding it! then as u land, u start to smell it... the fragrance of BOMBAY! it hits u most as soon as u get out of the plane. a thick layer of smog wraps u. you acquire a second skin of aerial waste! and your lungs feel wrapped up in cow shit-fumes!

hehe.... and that's that. apart from the small things like the pollution and the lack of facilities with tissue paper (i swear, they have so many trees... AND it's not hard to get tissue here, but they just prefer not to use it), anyway, aside from the minor things, u start to like it... plus there's just soo many awesome bikes here! most are small transporters, ranging from 125 to 220 cc, and th occasional 350 royal enfield bulleit, but then there's some sports bikes too! real ones. this dude rolls on an R1 drives past me, and when he noticed me staring at him (as any normal bike enthusiast would, it being in india, me being indian (Zimbabwean), and the bike being as much a rarety as the public toilet with tissue paper), he decided to d a wheelie. on a shitty road with loose rocks everywhere! i was shocked, to say the least.... but he did it well. balanced nicely. and, i was impressed, as any normal person would be. even funnier still tho, is later that day, 3 dudes on a 150cc hero honda also pull a wheelie! haha... it was hillarous (must've been uncomfortable on the landing).

lots more, but now too lazy, and dinner's ready.

later to all. take care, be safe, and ride like a bunch of looney mad men. but make sure u do it safely! haha...

i'll mayb put another post up at some point, or just save it al for when i get back!

later
Zimz

Slyer
21st January 2009, 08:24
Yui already ditched us like two weeks ago. :bleh:

motorbyclist
21st January 2009, 19:09
You did WHAT :spanking:

well i can't because of the linked brakes!

Hmmm, given 4 week holiday induced hyper-poverty, swift retrieval might be prudent then...

BTW, did you dad get in a ride? What were his thoughts compared to the new version??

well considering the fuel gauge is now angrily flashing at me it might be time to let dad have a ride.....

Phurrball
22nd January 2009, 17:45
(snippy)
well considering the fuel gauge is now angrily flashing at me it might be time to let dad have a ride.....

Yeah, the linked brakes are kinda anti Westie...

Let me know when your Dad's had a ride ;)

[Given I can't afford to fill its mighty belly myself until next Wed :(]

Zim_Invader
23rd January 2009, 19:50
Yui already ditched us like two weeks ago. :bleh:

Harsh... There's one less SMC-er. And he was devoted to the cause too. He best keep an eye on these forums tho! (or we'll deploy Rob Norris to KEEL HEEM!)

I'm now roaming india, looking for a catchy jingle (monotone) that i can pop somewhere onto the bike.. it'll be hilarious! (this place has so many wierd gadgets! it's brilliant!)

BANZAI
24th January 2009, 00:26
Harsh... There's one less SMC-er. And he was devoted to the cause too. He best keep an eye on these forums tho! (or we'll deploy Rob Norris to KEEL HEEM!)

I'm now roaming india, looking for a catchy jingle (monotone) that i can pop somewhere onto the bike.. it'll be hilarious! (this place has so many wierd gadgets! it's brilliant!)

Sup, pity we couldnt ride together before I leave but yea Im still here!

Send me your VTR(or MONEY :blip:) over here and I can still be riding too :bleh:

Zim_Invader
25th January 2009, 01:44
haha... send u my bike. No, that's ok. but u could purchase that honda u always wanted, in aus, and finally become a member of the real bikerz... HOONNDAAAAAA!

so how's life in aus, bud? how long u hanging around there for? i'm passing through in april, mayb catch up with u?

yea, it would've been good to ride with u one last time, but such is the world. india's great, i'm getting myself the headlight i wanted (same as the one on front of a yamaha fz 16, and brake lights like an sv650).... it' brilliant! $40 for the headlight, and 20 for the tail light. then some diy, and bam! the honda hybrid is on its way!
:banana::banana::banana::banana: