PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the SMC?

TOTO
20th January 2009, 18:59
Whats has happened to all of you people - no rides organised for ages except one dirt ride and that all.

Is this a Motorcycle club or just "talk crap on the internet club" ?

PirateJafa
20th January 2009, 19:44
Rides happen, we've just been organising them by texts. Plus most of the club is, you know, on holiday. :rolleyes:

Doesn't help when we're getting taken out by two-fiddies.

TOTO
20th January 2009, 20:02
Na , I think you all satying home drinking beeer and not riding...

klyong82
20th January 2009, 21:10
I thought establishing the club was all about getting funding for booze.

TOTO
20th January 2009, 21:24
so does everyone use all the funding for boode instead of petrol and tires :stupid:

Hinny
20th January 2009, 21:31
Here's one...
3-day tour of the Far North
Anniversary Weekend 24th - 26th Jan
Northern Exposure Tour '09

HungusMaximist
20th January 2009, 21:35
Mate, just busy with life and activities outside of motorcycling.

I'll send you all an invite when my band starts gigging, which is about a few weeks away.

Would appreciate a nice biker entourage rocking up to the venue and doing some wheelies and burn outs.

Squiggles
20th January 2009, 21:53
Dunno, im riding to wellington on Saturday...

TOTO
20th January 2009, 21:57
Here's one...
3-day tour of the Far North
Anniversary Weekend 24th - 26th Jan
Northern Exposure Tour '09

Yea man , i'll be seeing you on day 1 :niceone:

I'll send you all an invite when my band starts gigging, which is about a few weeks away.

Would appreciate a nice biker entourage rocking up to the venue and doing some wheelies and burn outs.

Will do my best to attend Ewen :niceone:

Ahhhh you lucky bastard :angry2:

Ragingrob
20th January 2009, 21:59
Well I'm in Melb still... 40 degrees today, wouldn't wanna be riding even if I had my bike here!

TOTO
20th January 2009, 22:22
Well I'm in Melb still... 40 degrees today, wouldn't wanna be riding even if I had my bike here!

the heat has fried your brain. I'd ride even in 50 degrees even if I have to do 200 to keep cool :headbang:

Slyer
20th January 2009, 23:03
What?
We've been chillering every friday just like always.

Chrislost
21st January 2009, 17:23
Whats has happened to all of you people - no rides organised for ages except one dirt ride and that all.

Is this a Motorcycle club or just "talk crap on the internet club" ?

the people who actually ride have crashed, been crashed into, sold their bikes, gotten too drunk and are comad out, out the back and doing summer school.

PirateJafa
21st January 2009, 17:43
the people who actually ride have crashed, been crashed into, sold their bikes, gotten too drunk and are comad out, out the back and doing summer school.

You forgot the broken wrists.

Rodney007
21st January 2009, 17:45
Rides happen, we've just been organising them by texts. Plus most of the club is, you know, on holiday. :rolleyes:

Doesn't help when we're getting taken out by two-fiddies.

rides not squid fests

Chrislost
21st January 2009, 18:10
rides not squid fests

its kb rides that get you rear ended, not SMC ones

motorbyclist
21st January 2009, 19:01
organise moar rides then! it may just be that the SMCers have been attending the other kb rides where they get rear ended, or aren't posting up coro loops for fear of being swamped with riders prone to rear ending them;)

You forgot the broken wrists.

like that ever stopped you riding:rolleyes:

ital916
21st January 2009, 21:02
I've been cruising around, just not with other numpty motorcyclists. solace on the road is quite nice, pootling along by oneself.

Real_Wolf
23rd January 2009, 18:15
I don't have a bike.

Or a job (Geez, no one wants to hire me, and now its late january, I think i'll be living off the student allowance until I can buy myself a bike with it. :P)

Magua
23rd January 2009, 18:40
I don't have a bike.

Or a job (Geez, no one wants to hire me, and now its late january, I think i'll be living off the student allowance until I can buy myself a bike with it. :P)

Coure related costs :shifty:

motorbyclist
23rd January 2009, 21:27
I don't have a bike.

i had the same problem - gave up on a mechatronics opening and now i'm working as a mechanic's assistant

i can now use a tyre press:2thumbsup

rachprice
23rd January 2009, 21:39

Cool what sort of band you in?

What you coming this way for?

Real_Wolf
25th January 2009, 00:45
yeah, definetely gonna buy me a "laptop" for "university work" again soon. But that alone isn't enough (my funds have run very low through christmas period), so I will still be busing for a few weeks.

However, soon I will be opening up a lovely thread where people get to suggest bikes for me to get, with a running total on about the amount I have to spend on it

Slyer
25th January 2009, 06:33
Please wait until you have a few grand saved. :bleh:

motorbyclist
25th January 2009, 17:51
yes, listen to sam; he speaks from experience;)

and this time get someone who knows what they're looking at to come look at the bike before buying

Zim_Invader
28th January 2009, 22:36
However, soon I will be opening up a lovely thread where people get to suggest bikes for me to get, with a running total on about the amount I have to spend on it

muhuhuhahaha!!!! Excellent!!... yess.... yes, another thread for bike hunting! :devil2:

Please wait until you have a few grand saved. :bleh:

hehe... yea, or just find a really good dude, that'll let u pay in installments. (i mean pay $1000 every week, type of installments)

and this time get someone who knows what they're looking at to come look at the bike before buying

haha/... but u gotta admit, it was fun watchin (and sometimes actually helping) the push start! esp with the choke off... haha... god times! i just wish we videod it once or twice. (esp when rob was arround). haha. :lol::2thumbsup

good luck with it bud.. hopefully i'm back before u get it, so i get to see it all happen! it's about time u got one we don't need to push start tho! :clap:

motorbyclist
28th January 2009, 23:47
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Other/auction-199983003.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-193184985.htm

The Pastor
2nd February 2009, 16:24
motorcyles are dangerous!

TOTO
2nd February 2009, 21:45
motorcyles are dangerous!

............very :yes:

R6_kid
2nd February 2009, 23:41
I've been at uni studying. I've been at home studying. I've been riding a bit. Been working on my bucket too, which i'll be racing this weekend.

So far there only seem to be about 5 people using the undercover carpark, looking forward to first semester when more people are around and the AUSMC gets going properly again.

boostin
3rd February 2009, 04:31
I've been at uni studying. I've been at home studying. I've been riding a bit. Been working on my bucket too, which i'll be racing this weekend.

So far there only seem to be about 5 people using the undercover carpark, looking forward to first semester when more people are around and the AUSMC gets going properly again.
Hey Gareth what are you back at uni studying?

When I get back to NZ in March I will be back to Uni and working on my bucket as well.

R6_kid
3rd February 2009, 12:07
Im doing maths and physics, but will only be there summer school and first sememster.

Buckets are awesome fun bro, will have to catch up again some time!

Squiggles
3rd February 2009, 18:04
Im doing maths and physics

What maths papers have ya gotta do?

R6_kid
3rd February 2009, 22:08
What maths papers have ya gotta do?

Doing Maths 102, still considering whether I want to do Maths 108 in first semester or not. Was thinking of doing some papers in astronomy or psychology out of interest to make up my other 2 papers. As it stands im doing Phys 102 and GenSci 102 for first semester.

Looking at an 'easy' A for Maths 102 at the moment.

Real_Wolf
4th February 2009, 12:13
I feel so overkill with the amount of maths I've done. the equivalent of Maths 150, Maths 250, and a mix of Maths 255+Maths 260

Squiggles
4th February 2009, 12:45
I feel so overkill with the amount of maths I've done. the equivalent of Maths 150, Maths 250, and a mix of Maths 255+Maths 260

250's a bitch, as is 255... only 1 more to go till my major is done :eek:

motorbyclist
4th February 2009, 13:12

so not looking forward to MM3 :weep:

Real_Wolf
4th February 2009, 14:21
yeah, mine were actually physics courses, which simply meant that I also had to do MATLAB labs.

thus the erason of the mix, physics 211 doesn't follow the maths courses anymore but does stuff from 255 and 260.

Still haven't even found a use for vector algebra in n dimensions. Closest is doing um, whats them things called where you times a matrix by something and it only have one result which is a scalar times the same thing. Yeah. Them things. I know them and have actually used them, unlike most of the other stuff I learnt

toml88
4th February 2009, 15:41
so not looking forward to MM3 :weep:
Supposedly Control Systems is going to be more than enough of a refresher course for MM3