PDA

View Full Version : BOTS 09 - Who's going?

motorbyclist
3rd February 2009, 14:46
Would be great to see a strong SMC turnout this year.

Who's going?

Are any of us racing?

Ragingrob
3rd February 2009, 15:00
Apparently I'm going :shifty:

Phurrball
3rd February 2009, 17:34
I'm keen!

And it's on a Sunday - which I do not work anyway - yay!

MidnightMike
3rd February 2009, 17:40
Yea I'll be going.

Dont know if I'll ride though, I dont want to have to carry around bike gear and Camera gear. :oi-grr:

Squiggles
3rd February 2009, 17:55
im coming of course, we going to camp out the night before?

Ixion
3rd February 2009, 18:26
Yea I'll be going.

Dont know if I'll ride though, I dont want to have to carry around bike gear and Camera gear. :oi-grr:

I'll be there, God willing. As to gear, there are always several entreprenurial organisations that ofer a storage service. For a nominal fee you can leave all your heavy and bulky gear with them and they will keep it safe.

I recommend the one at the rugby club on the far side, though it's a bit of a way to walk. There is usually one right in the main street.

Might I suggest selection of a congregation point.

PirateJafa
3rd February 2009, 18:34
I'm taking along the station wagon and probably the big seven-man tent. Gear can be left in the car during the day, and I think there's a couple of seats still free in the car (don't know if Sophie/Rob wanted them?) and a few spots free in the tent.

Ragingrob
3rd February 2009, 19:02
Oh yip definitely will nab a spot in the car as long as you drive to Soph's liking haha, knowing you... Otherwise I guess we could head down 2 up.

toml88
3rd February 2009, 19:05
Would be keen for the ride down.

UoA Formula SAE will be there, too.

shingo
3rd February 2009, 19:08
Oh yip definitely will nab a spot in the car as long as you drive to Soph's liking haha, knowing you... Otherwise I guess we could head down 2 up.
We aren't travelling in a pure breed race car anymore ;)

And i'll be there, front passengers seat naturally.

Ragingrob
3rd February 2009, 19:11

Psssh you have two bikes now, you should be able to get there on one surely!

What do you call Shaun riding one cbr? A thief.

What do you call Shaun riding two cbrs? A bloody good rider!

Hanne
3rd February 2009, 19:40
I am coming along too! :headbang:

Man camping is fun.

Ragingrob
3rd February 2009, 19:43
I am coming along too! :headbang:

Man camping is fun.

Man camping?

Sounds interesting... Dunno if I'd enjoy it :rolleyes:

Hanne
3rd February 2009, 19:44
Man camping?

Sounds interesting... Dunno if I'd enjoy it :rolleyes:

Hehehe :innocent: You'll never know until you try it

Ragingrob
3rd February 2009, 19:48
Hehehe :innocent: You'll never know until you try it

There are a few things in life that... Ah forget it :Pokey:

Did you enjoy riding the vfr? She was purring gorgeously this morning so must have been fed well.

PM me your msn addy by the way if ya have one!

Magua
3rd February 2009, 19:54
Someone wanna explain what bots09 is?

PirateJafa
3rd February 2009, 19:58
Battle of the Streets '09.

Basically the Paeroa street races on the 22nd of February.

Squiggles
3rd February 2009, 22:02
I'm taking along the station wagon and probably the big seven-man tent.

Hope its not my one as we sold that... can grab a few from school though :done:

motorbyclist
3rd February 2009, 22:47

yeah right

i dibs-ed that seat months ago

shingo
3rd February 2009, 23:11
yeah right

i dibs-ed that seat months ago

Well i still own that seat, so dibs don't count.

motorbyclist
3rd February 2009, 23:30
no; you own a back seat if i remember correctly

Squiggles
4th February 2009, 07:20
no; you own a back seat if i remember correctly

I thought he owned the tail lights

motorbyclist
4th February 2009, 09:47
might've been the boot

shingo
4th February 2009, 10:34
I shall take the wheels if you guys aren't careful, then no ones going anywhere

Ragingrob
4th February 2009, 10:40
Alright alright fine... I'll take the front seat.

Ixion
4th February 2009, 10:45
The irony. Arguing about seats in a cage going to a motorcycle meeting.

Phurrball
4th February 2009, 17:56
It sounds like I could write a law journal article on ownership of the chattel commonly referred to (perhaps incorrectly?) as 'Jafa's Car'. Paintball at 50 paces? I'll watch :yes:

I'd be up for camping, but I'm not sure that the fairer half would be so keen to be away from the comforts of home (and I'd be goind down after work = suck)

Ixion
4th February 2009, 18:16
Tenants in common, I reckon. In the Middle Ages there used to be tenures where the peasants of the manor jointly owned the plough and the cart (and the cart horse I guess). And in some cases the mill, though that was more commonly owned by the lord of the manor, or the bishop. I would imagine that such tenure would still be lawful today. In which case they all jontly own the same thing, indivisibly.

Unlike bikers, who of course would each ride their own bike.

motorbyclist
4th February 2009, 18:29
Unlike bikers, who of course would each ride their own bike.

but it's a straight bloody road!

and this way we get to talk more about riding bikes than we would otherwise do while riding :rolleyes:

PirateJafa
4th February 2009, 19:34
Ah Phurrball, the car is not in dispute. At least, everything bar the front passenger seat, which looks to be fiercely contested.

I suggest a Ring of Death - a proud and noble tradition with its roots firmly set in history, being the ultimate in argument settling since, oh, Battlefield 1942 as I recall.

And Ixion - we fail to see the point of taking the bikes on a long, straight, flat road. As none of us ride cruisers, we don't really see the attraction, nor the sense in squaring off tyres for no purpose.

Plus of course cars can carry more beer.

Squiggles
4th February 2009, 19:56
I suggest a Ring of Death - a proud and noble tradition with its roots firmly set in history, being the ultimate in argument settling since, oh, Battlefield 1942 as I recall.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/bunnyknife.gif

Plus of course cars can carry more beer.

I haz the answer! We tow the bikes there! then pose.

Ixion
4th February 2009, 20:32
Works for Harleys at Sturgis I guess.

Sigh. Youff. When I woz yer age, we used to PUSH our bikes to Paeroa for the races, cos we woz too poor to afford petrol (3/4 a gallon. Highway robbery). Well, we didn't cos Paeroa didn't have races then but , like, say Muriwai. And the hard ones , used to push their bikes to the TT on Waiheke . Along the sea floor.

And now, "the road's too straight" --- . Ichabod, ichabod.

(I bet you all wear your bikes boots though, cos the hard bikers all walk round at Paeroa and sneer at anyone not wearing bike boots)

R6_kid
4th February 2009, 22:32
I'm going, yet to know whether im taking any non-bikers with me, if not i'll ride.

Where are you planning on camping?

Gremlin
5th February 2009, 01:10
but it's a straight bloody road!

and this way we get to talk more about riding bikes than we would otherwise do while riding :rolleyes:
:crazy: Its called going down earlier, and doing the coro loop first, before arriving in Paeroa. What self respecting biker goes straight to Paeroa and back? :eek5:

Camping... pffft, I'm in fully paid for accomodation courtesy of AMCC. But then, I also get to walk around on the track picking up the ones wanting a little rest.

TOTO
5th February 2009, 07:10
yea we will be miandering there somewhere too...

HungusMaximist
5th February 2009, 09:30
David, dibs on a space in the tent yea? I am exactly sure if you're driving down a day early....

Hate to pay for a ticket when you can really just walk in free

bikerboy011
5th February 2009, 09:50
Am keen if i arrive on time and feeling ok from the jet lag.

motorbyclist
5th February 2009, 11:35
:crazy: Its called going down earlier, and doing the coro loop first, before arriving in Paeroa. What self respecting biker goes straight to Paeroa and back? :eek5:

you have never been on an SMC ride, have you?

there is no earlier, and a half coro consumes an entire day after picking up all the gixxers, finding the idiots who get lost, and making the compulsory trip to thames hospital:niceone:

Ixion
5th February 2009, 12:02
This is true, very true. An SMC ride has somewhat of the nature of the classic definition of war '90% sheer boredom, 10% sheer terror'. Neither the boredom nor the terror are quite as bad as war.

PirateJafa
5th February 2009, 12:20
The SMC does nothing by halves.

motorbyclist
5th February 2009, 12:31
also remember the smc operates on "smc time", an interesting combination of stephen and andrew time, it basically adds anywhere from one to three hours to a departure and another half an hour for every leg of the journey.

smc time is unique in that it will persist even AFTER accounting for it and modifying schedules to suit, so that no matter how much time you allocate we will always be running late:first:

Squiggles
5th February 2009, 12:32
smc time is unique in that it will persist even AFTER accounting for it and modifying schedules to suit, so that no matter how much time you allocate we will always be running late:first:

While away it took me 3 hours to do 160k... :eek:

motorbyclist
5th February 2009, 12:39
yes, a good example would be stephen's recent trip to the south island: fearing he would miss the ferry if he rode to wellington in one day, he left a day earlier to stay in rotovegas that night, to thus make the ferry by mid day. suffice to say he still missed the ferry and had to find a lawn to stay on. so of course he txted me and jafa in search of a lawn, and both of us did not check our phones until two hours later - but as we were distracted with some two wheeled contraption we didn't txt back anyway.
we didn't hear anything from him for over a week after that :clap:

Squiggles
5th February 2009, 12:44
we didn't hear anything from him for over a week after that :clap:

I found a mint lawn near to the city centre :Punk:... and somehow managed to get on the ferry in time (it started sailing immediately after i boarded though) :blink:

Hanne
5th February 2009, 15:35
Yes, on that trip we seemed to acquire a habit of turning up at people's places at about 10pm to a chorus of 'where the hell ahve you been' and 'we thought you were dead'.... Must be haunted by some kind of a timewarp that swallows us up whenever we actually leave on time, thus ensuring the time is tardised nomatter wher ewe go. Or so I suspect.

Macros
9th February 2009, 15:03
I'll be riding down with a couple of other guys in the fsae team.

Ragingrob
9th February 2009, 19:55
Hey guys me and Soph can't actually make it, we've both got interclub on that weekend.

:dodge:

shingo
9th February 2009, 22:49
Bummer Rob. On the plus side that means i get the whole back seat to myself :woohoo:

Slyer
9th February 2009, 23:30
That means seat for meh!

motorbyclist
10th February 2009, 10:51
That means seat for meh!

what? but we just got your bike ready for racing!