PDA

View Full Version : The 150mph electric motorbike

Bob
7th February 2009, 01:06
Complaints about battery-powered bikes being slow can be put to bed. An electric motorbike capable of 150mph (240kph) has been unveiled. The Mission One, San Francisco-based Mission Motors, will take part in this Summers TTXGP Isle of Man race.

Mission Motors' founder, Forrest North said "As a motorcycle enthusiast and engineer, I knew I could combine my passion for motorcycles with my passion for innovation and create a motorcycle that truly sets a new standard in the perception of electric vehicles."

For more information and photographs, log to http://www.ridemission.com/

hospitalfood
7th February 2009, 08:09
i like it, they just get better.
only problem is after 150 miles you have to wait two odd hours for it to recharge, if they could get the recharge down to 15 mins i could cope with it.
i dont like the idea of a silent bike either.

Bob
7th February 2009, 23:42
i like it, they just get better.
only problem is after 150 miles you have to wait two odd hours for it to recharge, if they could get the recharge down to 15 mins i could cope with it.
i dont like the idea of a silent bike either.

The recharge has to be an issue - bring that down and they start to get viable. I'm with you on totally silent as well... that said, it wouldn't take much to add a soundtrack. After all, if you can do it for a video game, it must be easy enough to add a track that reacts to throttle opening.

If nothing else, a little sound is useful in towns to help pedestrians realise you are there!

hayd3n
8th February 2009, 00:01
The recharge has to be an issue - bring that down and they start to get viable. !

just have spare batteries simple change over whilst other/s are charging

portokiwi
8th February 2009, 07:53
When are they going to put real photos and reviews on it.
Sounds good looks ugly Happy face red smile??? sad looking face with head light on???

davereid
8th February 2009, 08:54
Its just another electric vehicle wank.

Electric motors have improved 0.005% over Mr. Edisons 1865 motor designs. They have ALWAYS been capable of producing serious torque, and serious power.

The trouble with electric motors is not the motor. Its the fuel.

25 kw/hrs of energy storage weighs 0.15 kg if its a fossil fuel, and 500kg if its a battery. THATS the problem..

Electric motors are great. But electric vehicles will remain a joke until we develop an effective energy storage system, and build lots of Nukes to make the energy.