PDA

View Full Version : Racing/riding in Wellington?

Ride it till the red
9th February 2009, 15:47
Hey guys, tossing up the idea of picking up a bike if theres regulr track access locally? If so what are the rules in regards to whats needed before you can go on the track? Any old trade me find ok? What costs are associated with these bikes and getting on the track? (entrance fee's, race licenses etc?)

Cheers,

James

DELLORTO
9th February 2009, 15:57
there used to be racing in wellington, now there isnt.....if i was you id go to taumaranui and race....its $30 a race day and bike start at around $200 just look on trade-me -max

Ride it till the red
9th February 2009, 16:07
Bugger! Do you know why not just out of interest?

Unfortunately it's not worth going all the way up there....

The idea of 30 bucks a day plus 10 in gas 10 in food and 10-30 in the car to get the track is cool.... but make that 100+ in the car some more food plus a bloody long drive and it isn't so cool! The riding doesn't come close to justifying the cost unfortunately!

I'll just keep up the off road riding, pity that it's not a sport thats done locally as it would have been fun to have a play with them!

Cheers mate,

James

DELLORTO
9th February 2009, 16:09
ill not that sure if they dont race go www.nzmmrc.co.nz and email the president and ask him.....:woohoo:

Gadgit
9th February 2009, 20:28
Kaikohi (sp) raceway upper hutt.. the bikes race the same day as the karts in there own class.. Greg used to set up the days but not to sure what's going on there at the mo (I'm at the other end of the island) but you could try to get a hold of him through his site. http://www.xminimoto.co.nz/main.htm

dave_a
1st March 2009, 03:21
Theres bucket racing in wellington not to sure if there is still PB racing though.

sinfull
1st March 2009, 04:28
Any road racing is limited to manfield or next best is taupo ! Winter series starts in May and loads of fun but you are looking at more than 20 30 notes lol
Use the search option and type the word bucket/s and you will be reading for a week ! Plenty of bucket racing to be had and cheaper option !

Nasty
1st March 2009, 08:47
send a PM to nudemetalz or skunk .. they have information.

xtreme
1st March 2009, 20:17
Hi

For anyone in Wellington wanting to race / track time , there is Bucket bike racing on the 22nd March at the kart track in Upper Hutt.

You need to have Nylon footpegs and plastic corks in the handle bar ends to protect the track.
As well as the normal saftey gear.
Its a bikes only day and for any more info contact ---

stephen.coombes@wynns.co.nz

Mob 027 236 4103

Also check out more minimoto info on http://minimotonz.forumup.org

Cheers Greg

Skunk
1st March 2009, 21:10
For anyone in Wellington wanting to race / track time , there is Bucket bike racing on the 22nd March at the kart track in Upper Hutt. < snip >
Also check out more minimoto info on http://minimotonz.forumup.org

Cheers Greg
Plaese note that the 22nd is not for Minimotos and pocket bikes. Only for Buckets; and ideally they need to talk to Nudemetalz first.

Number One
1st March 2009, 21:18
Plaese note that the 22nd is not for Minimotos and pocket bikes. Only for Buckets...talk to Nudemetalz first.

Given all the hard work that has gone into getting buckets to even be allowed to be at this track I'm just seconding the bit in bold above.

Those of us involved already would hate to see all that hard work out the window - as some people recently almost cost us this whole opportunity by just showing up with their mini bikes and taking over the track 'unauthorised' :mad:

ajturbo
1st March 2009, 21:41
Given all the hard work that has gone into getting buckets to even be allowed to be at this track I'm just seconding the bit in bold above.

Those of us involved already would hate to see all that hard work out the window - as some people recently almost cost us this whole opportunity by just showing up with their mini bikes and taking over the track 'unauthorised' :mad:
wankers!!!!

FFS... people just want to take and take.. and not give.. i hope they get caught and police get involved!!!

Number One
1st March 2009, 21:44
wankers!!!!

FFS... people just want to take and take.. and not give.. i hope they get caught and police get involved!!!
Doesn't look like it...seems that though there were people around pissed off about it they were not approached and there was no taking names going on either. It was just assumed that it must have been someone in our crew :angry:

Thankfully they gave us the benefit of the doubt and trust that it wasn't any of us - which it wasn't. So again mini moto guys - talk to NUDEMETALZ first if you are interested in seeing if you can get in on the Kaitoke action....but don't expect to be able to just rock up and have a thrash...there are very strict rules and your bike must be up to standard to get within even a wiff of their lovely smooth track surface.

xtreme
2nd March 2009, 06:05
Hi Guys

Will contact Nudemetalz for confirmation. Only put those details up as that was what i was given, No take-over intended.

Minimoto's raced there during 2006 - 2007 and only stopped because we/I was doing the full season in 2008 with NZMMRC and the dates all clashed and no one else wanted to organised Wellington. So it stopped. Some of us were members of the Kartclub. Some one could start it up again if they wanted to organised it. Those who raced there already know about protecting the track etc.
Didnt mean to stand on anyones toes.

Cheers Greg

koba
2nd March 2009, 06:43
Hey guys, tossing up the idea of picking up a bike if theres regulr track access locally? If so what are the rules in regards to whats needed before you can go on the track? Any old trade me find ok? What costs are associated with these bikes and getting on the track? (entrance fee's, race licenses etc?)

Cheers,

James

You would probably get more joy from a bucket.
Pop up to kaitoke on the 22nd for a looksie, if you do really want to race minimotos I would think you would probably need to get into organising stuff.

Number One
2nd March 2009, 06:45
Hi Guys

Will contact Nudemetalz for confirmation. Only put those details up as that was what i was given, No take-over intended.

Minimoto's raced there during 2006 - 2007 and only stopped because we/I was doing the full season in 2008 with NZMMRC and the dates all clashed and no one else wanted to organised Wellington. So it stopped. Some of us were members of the Kartclub. Some one could start it up again if they wanted to organised it. Those who raced there already know about protecting the track etc.
Didnt mean to stand on anyones toes.

Cheers Greg
Just a nervous reaction on my part as those that have raced there before might know about protecting the track but a thread like this could also encourage those that don't know and don't really care.

Have to say would be a bloody dag to see the wee bikes out there too! Perhaps we could do swapsies bucket for pocket bike for a race...:lol:

Ray LeCheminant
2nd March 2009, 07:16
Just a nervous reaction on my part as those that have raced there before might know about protecting the track but a thread like this could also encourage those that don't know and don't really care.

Have to say would be a bloody dag to see the wee bikes out there too! Perhaps we could do swapsies bucket for pocket bike for a race...:lol:

That's the problem with any sport , there are those that make the decision that they do not give a rats arse, does matter if it's minimoto, motards, pit bikes and the like, and probably even those mini choppers.....you will still find a fair degree of wombats (polite version of what I am thinking) who will scream about and "F" it up for all others....

dave_a
2nd March 2009, 09:34
now buckets have there own day up kaitoke without karts would be perfect time to look at starting it again

nudemetalz
2nd March 2009, 15:17
Please people, if you want to start racing at Kaitoke, contact me as I've worked hard to get the buckets back racing there and it's going very well at present.

Have no issue with the minimotos racing with us, but they have to meet the nylon-scrutineering first as protecting the track is extremely important (more for newbies benefit here as I'm sure you guys that raced there know this).

So, PM me first please and we can discuss how to do it. I have a full calendar for Kaitoke arranged now.