PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 6.5 inch tyres - advice wanted

motorbyclist
10th February 2009, 11:25
SO i've been told a spoon works well...

not having replaced tubed tyres with a spoon before, some advice would be much appreciated

(mods: yes i know this should be in the mechanical forum but i'm more likely to get a useful response from people who actually know what we're talking about)

Z1_ZPF_BOY
10th February 2009, 15:21
go to your local motorcycle shop and get some small tyre levers, also some soapy hot water around the edge of the rim helps.:first:

Good Luck

Ray LeCheminant
10th February 2009, 17:44

not having replaced tubed tyres with a spoon before, some advice would be much appreciated

(mods: yes i know this should be in the mechanical forum but i'm more likely to get a useful response from people who actually know what we're talking about)

As Connor said, the ONLY way to get these on is to use TYRE LEAVERS from a M/C shop...they will cost you about $25.00 for a pair.

When you do put them on be careful not to make an indentation in the casing as this will affect the ability to get it on the bead.

You will need high pressure to get it onto the bead.....I just pop down to the local FIRESTONE store, and they POP it on in 5 secs...:wari:

Ray

1vanvan1
13th February 2009, 16:36

It takes two people and a lot of time lol.

Just be careful not to pinch your tube. Trust me. t sucks when you spent ages putting it on then have to do it all over again cause you fucked the tube.