PDA

View Full Version : Problems restarting?

zimmo
10th February 2009, 15:30
hey guys. i just got a new pocket bike. had it running twice (after spending ages trying to start it.)
the problem is i will finally get it going and it will cool down and not seem to start again.
also there is quite a bit of gas coming out of that clear tube out of the carburetor. i no gas is sposed to come out but seems like alot
any help or suggestions??

DELLORTO
10th February 2009, 15:47
hey guys. i just got a new pocket bike. had it running twice (after spending ages trying to start it.)
the problem is i will finally get it going and it will cool down and not seem to start again.
also there is quite a bit of gas coming out of that clear tube out of the carburetor. i no gas is sposed to come out but seems like alot

that happended to mine.....just get a new carb, :2thumbsup

Ray LeCheminant
10th February 2009, 17:46
that happended to mine.....just get a new carb, :2thumbsup

You will not need to buy a new carb....the problem is that the needle is stuck in the seat, and fuel is just flowing into the bowl.

Take the carb off and clean it out, and make sure the needle/seat is clean and clear.

Easy as once you have done it a few time, as you will need to with these carbs.....

Ray

Gadgit
10th February 2009, 17:46
You have dirt/grit in the needle valve... clean the carb internaly and you'll be right.

zimmo
10th February 2009, 19:23
thanks heaps guys ill get that checked out!

DELLORTO
12th February 2009, 19:59
You will not need to buy a new carb....the problem is that the needle is stuck in the seat, and fuel is just flowing into the bowl.

Take the carb off and clean it out, and make sure the needle/seat is clean and clear.

Easy as once you have done it a few time, as you will need to with these carbs.....

Ray

:no: trust me ive had 7 daytona's and if the carb starts doing that its blocked internaly and since the brilliant chinese desigh dosnt let you fully open up the insides your stuffed.......any way carbs are only like $25

Gadgit
12th February 2009, 21:33
The carbs are fully stripable lol you can even remove the needle seat.... I ran a daytona back in 04 and never had to change the carb... it 's always workable strip and clean simple as that.

racefactory
24th February 2009, 17:51
I have one that will not start, but it has no gas leaking from the bike. I have checked fuel line, filter, put a new spark plug in.. but it won't go. The engine also turns over nicely. Do i just need to replace this really shit carb or is there a fix??

Also, how do you know if the fuel tap is on? the tap just spins around endlessly with no indication as to what is on?

http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=158 is this a good carb?

http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=117 What about this one?

Gadgit
24th February 2009, 19:00
The tap is on when it's up and down ... when it's on the flat then it's off

Ray LeCheminant
24th February 2009, 19:51
I have one that will not start, but it has no gas leaking from the bike. I have checked fuel line, filter, put a new spark plug in.. but it won't go. The engine also turns over nicely. Do i just need to replace this really shit carb or is there a fix??

Also, how do you know if the fuel tap is on? the tap just spins around endlessly with no indication as to what is on?

http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=158 is this a good carb?

http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=117 What about this one?

Dude...just sent you a PM - with an offer you can't refuse...I will even throw in a CARB that has been modified to stop this problem.. :rockon:

imdying
25th February 2009, 07:51
Ours would run fine, but was really really hard to start. Winding up the idle appeared to help, but it was too fast when the bike was running. The final solution was to remove all of the crappy Chinese wiring, and rewire it. After that, starts first or second pull no worries at all :yes:

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 20:58

could be as simple as a stuck float

as a general rule in the world of valves, if the lever is inline with the flow, it is open, across the flow it is closed

imdying
3rd March 2009, 07:15
Crapped out again, became hard to start and started missing at full chat... plug cap... electrical again. We'll give it the learn though.