PDA

View Full Version : 27th / 28th Coro Loop

Jahdafario
11th February 2009, 22:58
Whoazaaaz happy new years to all, was there a tui ad that said 'I'm gonna stick to my resolutions this year' ?

baah, neway, I haven't been on here in ages, and I haven't been for a ride with any of you's for ages, well,. I wanna do it, last week before we head back as the worlds future leaders (another tui ad) and endure the paper/book/headache/learn/headache/study/headache/drink/headache/drink/drink/drink/ride/headache gaunlet for 09.

So, what say a ride on the 27th (Friday), or 28th (Saturday) around Coro, meet Uni Gym say 9am, headout 9.30 (which is late),

love a vote thingee to be stuck in here to see whos keen for which day so we can finalise the majority for either,

peace

note, i've thought of a new thread, maybe its done already, who knows.. tui ads?

Rodney007
11th February 2009, 23:06
mite be keen... just watch out for cliffs through the twisties :D

motorbyclist
12th February 2009, 09:35
sounds like a plan

Hanne
12th February 2009, 12:52
I was planning on heading that way already! (I want to visit my Grandma's op shop in Whitianga ><)

Man it is sooooooooooooo hot!

The Pastor
12th February 2009, 14:51
. sorry

motorbyclist
15th February 2009, 23:46
bump

pretty keen for a decent ride

breakaway
16th February 2009, 01:36
I'd like to come to this also :sunny:

PirateJafa
16th February 2009, 05:46
Saturday sounds good.

PirateJafa
23rd February 2009, 21:11
A Coro on my last day of work? You bastards.

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 21:23

Hmmm sadly you may be one of the few that could actually be keen if ya weren't working!

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 21:29

damn, sounds much moar appealing when you put it like that :P

i've got a meeting in parnell from 10-11am but after that i'm free, and have some nice roads through miranda to try out:scooter:

Ragingrob
23rd February 2009, 21:41
damn, sounds much moar appealing when you put it like that :P

i've got a meeting in parnell from 10-11am but after that i'm free, and have some nice roads through miranda to try out:scooter:

Mint sounds good to me. We wont bother doing a full coro I don't reckon... lol half at the most.

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 23:07
aaand there's the issue of your place being even harder to get to than jafa's... which it isn't really considering being all of 3 intersections from a motorway vs upwards of 15

main post updated

motorbyclist
23rd February 2009, 23:13
shall we meet at the port Caltex station at 11am, leaving 11:30am and head for kaiauia via whitford/clevedon?

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 05:22
shall we meet at the port Caltex station at 11am, leaving 11:30am and head for kaiauia via whitford/clevedon?

Sounds like fun... Where could I meet further out my way though?

Jahdafario
24th February 2009, 10:31
I was planning on heading that way already! (I want to visit my Grandma's op shop in Whitianga ><)

Sounds good, I wanna visit your gmas op shop, need sum new threads 4 UNI this year

:)
Tui

Nab but I Am keen, looks like this moved to the chillr

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 10:40
can't meet on symonds street btw

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 10:41
depends on our as-yet undecided route

bp botany?

Jahdafario
24th February 2009, 10:46
SaturdAy? (not a tui ad)

PirateJafa
24th February 2009, 11:43
If it's on Saturday, I'll come, and will bring my new toy too. ;)

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 13:02
If it's on Saturday, I'll come, and will bring my new toy too. ;)

that thing had better be insured this time around

and pull the kickstart off yer RD so we can fix it. no more poor excuses; that is a mint vintage bike and you're ruining it leaving it outside like that:oi-grr:

i'm all to happy to take care of it if you wont ;)

Slyer
24th February 2009, 13:19
The things going rusty out there! Show it some love!

PirateJafa
24th February 2009, 13:52
Actually I did that last night. :laugh: Was going to be popping around the wreckers this weekend (get paid on Friday).

Will be interesting to see if there's much difference in fuel consumption between the new VFR and the old VFR - even if Andrew has stolen my moar powar box. :(

breakaway
24th February 2009, 14:04
So what day is it and where are we meeting??

PirateJafa
24th February 2009, 14:18
Saturday, and I suspect we'll meet at the Autobahn. Except for Andrew, who'll meet us at Kopu just as we're about to head back across the plains.

Slyer
24th February 2009, 14:32
I may come and meet your guys at each stop just as you are about to leave. ;)

breakaway
24th February 2009, 17:45
Saturday, and I suspect we'll meet at the Autobahn. Except for Andrew, who'll meet us at Kopu just as we're about to head back across the plains.

That's the BP on the southern motorway right?

Slyer
24th February 2009, 18:58
That's the BP on the southern motorway right?
Yes indeed.

macros87
24th February 2009, 21:02
always at work when the good rides happen :(

Gummie
24th February 2009, 21:14
Would be keen if on friday:beer:

Ragingrob
24th February 2009, 21:21

Haha I was one second away from linking you to this from your thread! :Punk:

Gummie
24th February 2009, 21:24
yea i did look for something like this but did not see it after.

You guys are looking like your going on saturday anyway.

motorbyclist
24th February 2009, 23:07

sounds like a plan! :third:

looks to be a friday ride anyway, see the chiller thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1951732#post1951732)

Jahdafario
25th February 2009, 11:27
sounds like a plan! :third:

looks to be a friday ride anyway, see the chiller thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1951732#post1951732)

hold your horsedidilyorses, i checked my real shitty but somehow accurate waether report on ipod and it said saturday=shitstorm, friday=clouds, so sat. will prolly be way outta the q., and friday, im keen, clouds r good

i might copy and paste this to chiller thread

Ragingrob
25th February 2009, 11:31
Yeah Sat looks pretty nasty!

2wheeljunkie
25th February 2009, 20:47
hey guys..geez its been a while..lets do fri..sat has been confirm to be a fuk load of rain...as much as i love drifting, its a whole diff story on bikes..lol..soo whse in on fri..?? il leave it to dan to make the plans as im at work and cant check this site and the fact he is a better rider and planner..hope to see u guys on fri if its on..hopefully it is..:whistle:

Ragingrob
26th February 2009, 08:17
Oh my god....

It's Kyle!

Jahdafario
26th February 2009, 14:24
the fact he is a better rider and planner..hope to see u guys on fri if its on..hopefully it is..:whistle:

awwwww c'mon bro, i can't take that compliment haha, we equals g

dunno about planning part and speed of response to this site, cos i got capped big time, so dialup is a slut, yeah friday, on chiller thread i presume, got some texts, um im still keen, just gonna take it easy tho

Gummie
26th February 2009, 20:06
I am keen to do coro tomorrow 27th.
Is anyone actually going as i would like to kick start it early.
8-8.30am @ B.P Drury Autobarn.

motorbyclist
26th February 2009, 22:27
looks unlikely

Gummie
27th February 2009, 04:51
sweet im off to hamilton for fish and chips

Ragingrob
27th February 2009, 20:10
And in true SMC fashion... this ride was a fail... no? :lol:

motorbyclist
27th February 2009, 22:29
on the up side, the ZXR has stopped making that noise and is easier to start:first:

once the tensioner was back in it took up all the slack and problem fixed. took a while to get the airbox etc on properly, then once all teh fairings were on and radiator refilled we spotted the air filter sitting innocently on the bench.

SO, for future reference, if the cam chain sounds horrible, remove lower right fairing, remove tensioner, reassemble and reinstall tensioner as per manual, start bike and see if noise stopped.

do NOT remove the airbox etc, the tensioner is on the right hand end of the motor. do not remove radiator etc to remove the rocker cover, replacing the chain is a job best left for the shop or the brave... or the properly equipped:rolleyes:

those kawasaki tensioners are so bloody poorly designed, if i had bought one of those back in the early 90s i would have demanded a recall

macros87
27th February 2009, 22:29
thats a yes on the fail