PDA

View Full Version : North Canterbury - Motorcycle fatality - 12th Feb

madbikeboy
12th February 2009, 08:17
NationalRSS Email Print
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man killed in Canterbury collision
New 8:17AM Thursday Feb 12, 2009

A man has died after his motorcycle collided with a car on State Highway One near Waipara, in North Canterbury.

The accident happened shortly before 10pm yesterday.

St John Ambulance transported two people from the car to hospital. A spokesman said one person had moderate to serious injuries, while the other had minor injuries.

- NZHERALD STAFF

Skyryder
12th February 2009, 11:38
There's something in the Press today. Wife mentioned it. Something about slamming into the back of a vehicle.

Ride safely in the heavens whoever you are.

Skyryder

quickbuck
12th February 2009, 11:58
There's something in the Press today. Wife mentioned it.

Skyryder
Really?
She must get he "First Edition".

Not good to read this news....

Eurodave
16th February 2009, 18:38
Well... the guy died while riding erratically & then crossing the centreline on his Guzzi Sport 1100. He then impacted the car that 2 of my boys mates were driving!!!! I heard all about it first hand!! WTF???
RIP dude

skidMark
16th February 2009, 18:53
Well... the guy died while riding erratically & then crossing the centreline on his Guzzi Sport 1100. He then impacted the car that 2 of my boys mates were driving!!!! I heard all about it first hand!! WTF???
RIP dude

Sigh my old turf...

Can't think of anybody i know on that bike though.

dangerous
16th February 2009, 19:14
RIP dude

can you tell me the colour of the bike please and the riders name if you know it p/m if ya dont want to post

And it was a 1100 sport not a V11 sport aye?

Eurodave
16th February 2009, 19:28
It was a red old Sport 1100. I know a guy up that way whos got a Guzzi like this......and hes a bit of a P head.......:confused:

dangerous
16th February 2009, 19:48
It was a red old Sport 1100. I know a guy up that way whos got a Guzzi like this......and hes a bit of a P head.......:confused:

no time for users... sorted anyway, Im unsure who he was but I have trracked all those I know.

JMemonic
16th February 2009, 20:04
Just got home from being away for a few days and found this, I can say the roads we shit up this way on the day in question and required a bit more attention, nasty stuff with the rain and oil/diesel on the glazed tar.