PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung 250cc Clutch adjustment driving me insane!

Leyton
13th February 2009, 20:28
Hello

I am sure my clutch cable stretchs heaps every 500km it seams I am constantly adjusting it and its very hard to get the balance of smooth gear change and not too close to riding the clutch.

I have about 4mm of freeplay at the lever but during riding it seams to change slightly, On the open road it tends to feel like it is closing up the freeplay.

And in town it feels like there is too much, gear changes are quite clunkish.

I do blip on my down changes to help everything mesh nicely and to match the road speed.

Not sure if anyone out has this same issue ? Or am I just a fuss pot hehe.

I mean, my lever boot was constantly off today and I could not find a happy balance between open road and town.

Any ideas ?

FLYMO
13th February 2009, 20:42
yeah mate this is normal for them
the original cable will stretch so much it will eventually snap
then dont go gettting a new hyo one take it to a brake and clutch place and get them to put a decent inner cable in it and it will last so much longer and feel so much smoother

Leyton
13th February 2009, 21:16
yeah mate this is normal for them
the original cable will stretch so much it will eventually snap
then dont go gettting a new hyo one take it to a brake and clutch place and get them to put a decent inner cable in it and it will last so much longer and feel so much smoother

I might acually do that sooner then later before it snaps :) hehe its driving me mental :P It feels soo cheap :)

Cheers for your advice.

Laxi
14th February 2009, 02:07
hyos, seems people either love em or hate em

CookMySock
14th February 2009, 09:34
None of our three hyos have clutch cables that do that. I'd say you have a bad one. Ask around locally to see who has a spare one, coz it looks like soon you will need it.

Steve

DarkLord
14th February 2009, 10:02
Yeah I agree with DB, my original one was fine...until it snapped at 35,000 k's...the replacement is fine too....

Leyton
14th February 2009, 10:02
Cheers dude :)

I love my Hyo :) ... to a point. hehe

DarkLord
14th February 2009, 10:11
Me too bro, I love mine to bits, has been a brilliant first (well, current one is second) bike for me.

Wait until you get on something like a Trumpy or Suzuki...then you realise just how poorly built the Hyo is in comparison. Not to put the bike down or anything, it's just the truth.

Leyton
14th February 2009, 10:19
Hehe it was only shortly after I bought it that I realised how many corners Hyosung had to cut hehe, It looks nice from the outside but I am sure it does not handle as well as other more popular bikes. The suspention feels a bit basic :)

But hey, I love the size. Did not want a tiny winy Ninja 250 as it felt like a dirt bike and the cold kiwi would tempt me too much.

NOMIS
14th February 2009, 10:32
Hehe it was only shortly after I bought it that I realised how many corners Hyosung had to cut hehe, It looks nice from the outside but I am sure it does not handle as well as other more popular bikes. The suspention feels a bit basic :)

But hey, I love the size. Did not want a tiny winy Ninja 250 as it felt like a dirt bike and the cold kiwi would tempt me too much.

get a hornet then, buy mine

Leyton
14th February 2009, 11:17
get a hornet then, buy mine

MMMmmm nice :) Bit to much for the 250cc though :P I will upgrade once I have my full :) by then I will have paid off the Hyosung :) and my next bike wont be such a big $$ jump.

NOMIS
14th February 2009, 12:16
MMMmmm nice :) Bit to much for the 250cc though :P I will upgrade once I have my full :) by then I will have paid off the Hyosung :) and my next bike wont be such a big $$ jump.

haha, mines going cheaper than a new hyosung mate. and have alot of goodies that comes with it :D

Leyton
14th February 2009, 17:48
I would have considered it when I was getting my first 250cc bike :) But I dont think I will transition onto another 250cc bike if I can help it :)

Thanks for the offer