PDA

View Full Version : Paeroa this weekend

Squiggles
16th February 2009, 19:43
Other thread fails...

We'll be camping on the college fields (i think, will put the details up tomorrow)
Leaving Sat, return Sun

Who is actually coming, and who is coming with us... Tents will be needed
Seats in the car are possible

Camping out like hobo's:
Jafar
Slyr
Shingo
Squigs
Hanne
Andrew
James
Ross
Ingrid

PirateJafa
16th February 2009, 20:09
Add Andrew and James to that list.

Buildings are for pussies.

GSXR Trace
16th February 2009, 20:34
There are a few of us heading down... so see ya down there boys! but we have accommodation... so won't be tenting it!

Squiggles
16th February 2009, 20:52
There are a few of us heading down... so see ya down there boys! but we have accommodation... so won't be tenting it!

WEAK! </10char>

GSXR Trace
16th February 2009, 21:04
WEAK! </10char>

is that suppose to make me desire sleeping in a tent with a bunch of guys? :confused: sorry... fail!

R6_kid
16th February 2009, 21:08
is that suppose to make me desire sleeping in a tent with a bunch of guys? :confused: sorry... fail!

you dont have to sleep with all of them, thats a bit slutty!!!

Yet to confirm my attendance, but fingers crossed i'll have my new bike by the weekend

ital916
16th February 2009, 22:03
watch out for andrews wandering hands.:buggerd:

Make sure that you dont camp next to some flax bushes either haha

Squiggles
16th February 2009, 22:35
Yet to confirm my attendance, but fingers crossed i'll have my new bike by the weekend

The question is.....

Can you handle the raw power of a GN250?

R6_kid
16th February 2009, 22:39
Hmmm, i think the real question is can the power of a GN250 handle me!?

piston broke
16th February 2009, 22:49
so where is kb corner?

TOTO
17th February 2009, 08:25
yea, our crew will be down there, so see you around there somewhere.

what corner of the circuit are y'all planning to be on ?

Mom
17th February 2009, 08:28
You will find a gathering of KB members on the hill above the hairpin.

Hanne
17th February 2009, 09:37
I'm so excited!!!
Is anyone else riding down or are you all going in the car?
(I'm going on a boat till sat evening so will miss the Jafa bus...)

GSXR Trace
17th February 2009, 11:09
I'm so excited!!!
Is anyone else riding down or are you all going in the car?
(I'm going on a boat till sat evening so will miss the Jafa bus...)

we are riding down saturday morning, but there are others riding down sunday morning (toto, zeocen, rie, among others)

shafty
17th February 2009, 11:20
Ya never know, the Orient Express may be squirted in that direction...

Ixion
17th February 2009, 12:30
I shall be wobbling slowly down on Sunday morning. The usual route. Autobahn, SH2, the back road to Miranda, Canal Road, Ngatea, thence to Paeroa

Watch out for cops from Ngatea on. Hector always starts screaming at Ngatea.

HungusMaximist
17th February 2009, 16:11
Wha time you chums leaving Sat?

Squiggles
17th February 2009, 16:32
Who has a tent?

Slyer
17th February 2009, 16:43
uhhhmmm, my dad has a full sized tent that we could probably borrow up in orewa.

Quasievil
17th February 2009, 16:46
You will find a gathering of KB members on the hill above the hairpin.

Oh great, no pressure !!

Injects hard up shot:doctor:

Mom
17th February 2009, 16:58
Oh great, no pressure !!

Injects hard up shot:doctor:

I will be watching you ;)

As long as you dont dump the side out of your engine into my leg like Steven Briggs , just before the Suzuki S's (or what ever they are called these days) did a few years ago I will happy as...LOL

Always thought the piece I have, should be mounted and given as a prize for some antic on race day.

Quasievil
17th February 2009, 17:13
I will be watching you ;)

As long as you dont dump the side out of your engine into my leg like Steven Briggs , just before the Suzuki S's (or what ever they are called these days) did a few years ago I will happy as...LOL

Always thought the piece I have, should be mounted and given as a prize for some antic on race day.

Okay promise I wont.

Quasievil
17th February 2009, 17:16
ANNOUNCEMENT

If any Kiwibikers want to dunp their Helmets or Gear please feel free to drop it off at the QUASiMOTO pit tent (BRIGHT YELLOW QUASiMOTO on it its in the pits), It will be better than wearing it or lugging it around all the hot day.

PS, the rule is tho at your risk okies, I will look after it as much as I can but Im in and out and busy ish, their are alot of us in the pits so should be sweet as !!
Also make sure ya pick it up at the end of racing I aint hanging around for ya:oi-grr:

Cheers

Quasi

MadDuck
17th February 2009, 17:20
Sweet...thanks for the offer Quasi. I am more than happy to make a gold coin donation for storage. Maybe help to feed the pit crew?

Squiggles
17th February 2009, 17:28
uhhhmmm, my dad has a full sized tent that we could probably borrow up in orewa.

Would be very useful, we sold our huge one a couple of months back

PirateJafa
17th February 2009, 17:36
I'm bringing my big seven-man tent. Also if any bikers want to leave their gear near the bikes/tents, they can lock it up in my station wagon which should keep any wandering fingers off.

And depending on what time you plan to leave you can probably lock your bikes to the car too. ;)

zzzbang
17th February 2009, 20:14
I may also be there, il keep an eye out for you guys.

Phurrball
18th February 2009, 17:15
OK - update from my end.

I'm at work all the time, so I don't pop up much here. (Ya can always find me at the Trade counter, Placemakers Cook St)

Looks like we are taking the wagoon down early Sat evening (At work till 4.30), and probably staying the night - may have spaces in car. I can carry down another big tent and other shit if neeed? But we'll need to scrounge space in someone's tent - maybe pick up the Orewa tent?

This may change at any time due to the involvement of my significant other SWMBO. We will both be there in some capacity regardless - I believe there is currently a weighing exercise going on - saving $ or comforts of home on Sat night...

Will check again tonight, and report back to the SMC.

Squiggles
18th February 2009, 17:19
This may change at any time due to the involvement of my significant other SWMBO. We will both be there in some capacity regardless - I believe there is currently a weighing exercise going on - saving $ or comforts of home on Sat night...

Come down sat, that way she-who-must-not-be-named wont risk falling asleep and off the back come Sun am :headbang:

Phurrball
18th February 2009, 17:40
True that.

SWMBO is a Rumpole reference - she who must be obeyed (Usually out of respect and love, but sometimes fear and threat of violence) Just as well she isn't on here to read stuff like that methinks...

Slyer
18th February 2009, 17:53
Saying things like that will only tempt fate.
Dad says we can borrow the tent provided it will fit in whichever car (It's big).

motorbyclist
19th February 2009, 08:40
i have all of the Oratia Air Scout group's camping equipment at my place....

Hanne
19th February 2009, 15:51
2 more sleeps till we go... 3 more sleeps til "brroom brrooom!"

Slyer
19th February 2009, 16:41
Whoop whoop!
So Jafa's tent can handle us all?

Phurrball
19th February 2009, 17:10
OK - have discussed and reached a firm conclusion.

Will be taking the car, but first thing Sunday morning - what time does the charging start?

Neatly avoids feeble pillion fail and gives some chance of saving $.

shingo
19th February 2009, 17:13
Whoop whoop!

I count five to be housed in that tent, unless hanne and stephen are sleeping in it too. Then it should be just big enough.

PirateJafa
19th February 2009, 17:18
It's a seven person tent. In good nick too.

Cr1MiNaL
19th February 2009, 17:29
Sweet...thanks for the offer Quasi. I am more than happy to make a gold coin donation for storage. Maybe help to feed the pit crew?

Fuck feeding the pit crew, they fat already ! Have you seen Quasi's 45hp race motard?? Tha thing can hardly move with him on it :beer:

doc
19th February 2009, 17:49
Anyone doing the "Valley Local Poker Run" on sat ? It ain't Paeroa to me without the coro ride the day before. I reckon I can win the "Downhill race" this time. :eek: Ferk have ya seen the price of gas

PirateJafa
20th February 2009, 19:11
i have all of the Oratia Air Scout group's camping equipment at my place....

And you've had it sitting there for years too. You're a pretty poor fence mate.

Quasievil
20th February 2009, 20:00
Fuck feeding the pit crew, they fat already ! Have you seen Quasi's 45hp race motard?? Tha thing can hardly move with him on it :beer:

Thats 50.2 hp now buddy and at 45.4 hp I didnt seem to have to much problem against your 140hp, some would say I whipped ya arse, some would say that youre just slow, I say that you need to bow down to the mighty Motard casue with my new found 5 hp your fate is now certain!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Maha
21st February 2009, 07:15
2 more sleeps till we go... 3 more sleeps til "brroom brrooom!"

Whoop whoop!

One thing that is a 'must do' if you're staying in Paeroa tonight is, walk the track late tonight or 1-2 am? They will have it mostly set up with the finishing touches added tomorrow morning. We did a few years ago and although my lap time wasn't that good, we had alot of fun.

Slyer
22nd February 2009, 20:38
One thing that is a 'must do' if you're staying in Paeroa tonight is, walk the track late tonight or 1-2 am? They will have it mostly set up with the finishing touches added tomorrow morning. We did a few years ago and although my lap time wasn't that good, we had alot of fun.
Just read your post but we ended up doing that with a beer in hand!
We ended up camping in the pit area, woke up at 7 to find ourselves completely fenced in. :D
All in all good times, apart from the return journey in stop start traffic not too far from Paeroa. Although our longcut north to go around the traffic was a lot more fun. ;)

And Quasi... ahahahah!
I can't believe they still let you race after the second time. :D