PDA

View Full Version : gsxr750 h

mogiman
18th February 2009, 00:33
clutch whos done what, with what ,from where ,as mines getting a little tired any help please cheers
I once made the mistake of using syth oil clutch slipped like buggery what oil are people using on these old oilers

R6_kid
18th February 2009, 01:18
talk to HDTboy, he's got a couple lurking in his garage.

Failing that, soak the current plates in petrol or brake cleaner and then re-soak them in oil overnight before putting them back in.

Karitane pete
18th February 2009, 21:17
Never had a problem with Syth oil in mine, did you use a motorbike or car oil?

ehab2weelr
28th February 2009, 10:42
yea did the same thing iv got a gixr 750, put car oil....fu*d up clutch....didnt know it was the oil....got new clutch and fu*d that up too...hahah, but yea i cleaned the new plates and put thim in, but dono if its any good cause the dame thing wont start..... whats wrong now????

hmmmnz
28th February 2009, 16:54
any oil syth or mineral car or bike is fine... as long as it doent have extra additives like the castrol magnatech,
generally the cheaper the better,
i worked in the castrol and bp blending plants and the difference between the crappiest and the most expensive oil is a couple of additives and a fancy container, castrol also make oil for kmart :D

FruitLooPs
16th March 2009, 20:58
Yeah i'd say on time changes are more important than going all out on the particular oil, then again some real benefits can be had in high temperature situations.

My oil boiler just uses some castrol bike oil 10w 40 semi syth i think. Haven't had the clutch give me any problems.

I've got a race clutch coming in a shipment of oil boiler parts coming in the next week, I might sell it off.. or maybe i'll use it. :niceone:

Okey Dokey
17th March 2009, 08:27
Good on you for keeping another "old" gsx-r on the road! Got a j myself and so far the clutch is fine...